Thornton Melon

Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Hi - thanks in advance for reading and responding.

Hit the Cobra F7 hybrid today. Nice club but not in love with the stock shaft on it - didn't feel lively enough to me at all - feel like I want something kickier.

I have the KBS Proto in my 5 hybrid and I like it, but its just too low launching for me for use in a 3-4 hybrid where I want to land it soft.

Could anyone recommend a few hybrid shafts known to be kickier and better launching? As a reference point I very happily use the Elements Helium in my 3W. I am usually in a regular shaft.

Thank you.

vts silver, my favorite hybrid shaft. Nice mid to high launch. Great feel throughout, very stable.

Hybrid Shafts

vts silver and tour blue were two that i tested side by side for a bit. the nod went to the blue for me, but that was solely a feel thing because when i tested them on the course, the results were within a yard or two of each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
vts silver and tour blue were two that i tested side by side for a bit. the nod went to the blue for me, but that was solely a feel thing because when i tested them on the course, the results were within a yard or two of each other.

I recently installed a tour blue in mine and wow. Absolutely loving it

I recently installed a tour blue in mine and wow. Absolutely loving it

one of the best mid/high launch shafts i've ever tried. love the feel.

I have a Matrix HX3 White Tie in my 3 hybrid, and a Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue in my 4 hybrid, both R-flex, both trimmed to manufacturer's specs

both launch high

the Matrix is firmer, the Grafalloy has a more pronounced kick

You could try some of the Recoil shafts also, the 680 line I believe is a stock option in some hybrids now, but the standard 90 F3 could also work if want want something a little more stable.

Basically I want the kick of the damn Helium again but Im not going to spring to put it in a hybrid. I do appreciate the input, and will research a bunch of these.

vts silver, my favorite hybrid shaft. Nice mid to high launch. Great feel throughout, very stable.

who makes the vts?

one of the best mid/high launch shafts i've ever tried. love the feel.

have any comparisons to the tour green? I loved that one

You could try some of the Recoil shafts also, the 680 line I believe is a stock option in some hybrids now, but the standard 90 F3 could also work if want want something a little more stable.

I was going to say recoil loved that in my TEE also Irod is fantastic too

who makes the vts?

I was going to say recoil loved that in my TEE also Irod is fantastic too

UST Mamiya

cbaker would be better to comment. i'm 99% sure he played tour green in driver for awhile, and he commented above about the tour blue. i've never played the green because i always assumed it was too low launching for me.

Matrix Altus Tour Hybrid shaft has some nice higher kickier launch.

Back