Would you play Chambers Bay?

I'd pay it to play it, I really Enjoy layouts like that but I'm also a huge Strantz fan and he's as tough and gimmicky as they come

i would play in a different season and wouldn't pay a lot to play

Were I in the area I would play for a hundred or less, more and I would pass.

Based on the conditions over the last week then I would not be remotely interested in playing it regardless of the cost

Absolutely, I would play it.

White tees son. I'd play it any day.

This +1...At a realistic distance (6000-6500 yards for most of us) it would be an interesting and challenging track to play.

I would play it although I doubt my wife would ever let me spend over $100 for a round of golf.
Probably makes no difference, but just the fact that there are no trees or water would do well for the mental part of my game too.

Absolutely 100% would play it again. One of my top 5 rounds I have played.

Sure I'd play it, I don't imagine they have GolfNow hot deals though.

I would play it in a heartbeat. Probably not very good but I would do it

Yes I would play. Without hesitation. Very strategic looking course.

I guess most of us watched the pros play the Open on the Chambers Bay course. I also think most would agree that it is a rather difficult track. I think it should have a sign much like Bethpage Black. "If you aren't that good, don't even try". Based on its published rates, based on residence, time of year and advanced booking, the rates could be $150 to $300 before local taxes. Let's assume as an out of state resident, the fee would be $250. Would you pay and play. Personally, I don't want to pay to run such a gauntlet, it just don't think it would be any fun, even though it hosted an Open.

Current conditions, I'd probably pay 10 dollars. Normal conditions, I'd maybe pay 100.

I just don't get 300 dollars. That's obscene.

I would absolutely love to play it! Would play from the tees for mere mortals though.

Absolutely I would love to play it, but not at the price they want for it.

I would play it, dont think Id pay $250 to do so though.

I'd play it just to say I did. I'd love to see how ridiculously hard those conditions were.

Absolutely I would play the course.

I have played it twice and paid just over $100 on both instances. And I'd do it again. It is a really fun course and a breathtakingly gorgeous place to play golf. Yes it is difficult, but played from the right tees it is actually very approachable as there are few forced carries - I believe the front set of tees takes them all out of play except for shorter ones on the par 3's. Especially once they get the greens back in normal shape, it's definitely a fun day of golf.

However, I would absolutely not pay anywhere near $300 or even $200. Crazy talk IMO.
This pretty much nails it for me.

I played it in 2012, paid close to 300 with a caddie and shot a 95 from the Whites. I found it to be an incredibly fun golf course and would pay it again, assuming they fix the greens and dig the poa.

I did not find it all that difficult but I'm sure things were much different than how they were set up this weekend.

With the amount of sand on that course, I have a feeling it would be an afternoon of frustration, but throw in THPers and I'd play it.

Have played it before, enjoyed it but the conditions were far less severe.

Would definitely play it again when it is fit for human consumption so to speak.

Yes, I would but not in the baked out conditions I saw this weekend. I would play for the challenge and may do so next summer.

I would play it, but it is not on my bucket list of courses to play.

Back