Hello from Houston

jonj101

Reaction score
Handicap
Greetings THP. I discovered this site some weeks back and lurked for a while, and now I look forward to posting and getting involved in the community.

A little about me:

I discovered golf a little over 5 years ago in May of 2010, and have been hooked ever since. However it wasnt until last year that I made a conscience effort to practice and improve. Im only down to a 14 handicap, so I have a ways to go, but I hope to improve even more so this year. My biggest problem is getting off the tee, and breaking my over-the-top open clubface during my swing. I recently injured my left wrist, so when it recovers (hopefully soon) I'm hoping to be able to get in more practice time.

Technically Im in the Pearland area, but Ive played at various courses throughout Houston. My home course is Golfcrest in Pearland.

Im looking forward to competing in local tournaments/events if I can get some good practice in. Ive discovered the Golf Channel tour and the HAGA, but the one I have my eye on is a new one in this area under Golfweek. Its small but growing, and as soon as I recover I'll be at my first event (if I make it in time). Im hoping to find (or start) threads on here about local tournaments, as well as get a chance to participate in some of the THP events Ive read about on here. I did see one thread about Houston, but Im not sure how often they do outings.

I do have one question - since we are well into the year, is it still worthwhile to join the Albatross Club? If possible I'd like to take part, but if the window is kind of closed for a new member I can wait until next year.

To bring this essay to a close, Im glad to be here and look forward to contributing. Ive been scavenging different golf forums and sites for a while, and none of them seemed as comfortable or enjoyable as this one appears. Wish I would have joined sooner, but glad to get started.

Welcome to THP. To answer the question about the Albatross Club, it does still have some perks that are worthwhile and first and foremost it is helping Folds of Honor. It also still has The Grandaddy signups that have not started. The all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome!

Welcome to thp

Welcome

Welcome to THP! As for joining the Albatross club, . Always a good thing.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

I'm in Houston (Katy area) and while we haven't gotten together recently, we have some good THP'ers in the area who love to play.

Jump into the Albatross Club IMO. Not only are you helping a great cause, but it will get you some discounts for some cool THP gear that will hit the store & there are still a few events on tap you can try and enter/attend like:

- The Bridgestone Championship at Walt Disney world in September
- Wilson Golf event in Chicago in October
- Up & Down with Cleveland Golf in October
- #TheGrandaddy in December

I'm on my phone right now, but when I get to my desk I'll provide links for you.

Welcome to THP. To answer your question the albatross club is always worth it. Goes to a great organization and lots of benefits to embers and still lots of events left on the calendar

:welcome: nice intro, and yes the Albatross Club is always worth joining, it is about a few perks for THPers and about helping The Folds of Honor, join and you wont be sorry.

Welcome to THP

welcome! definitely still worth joining the AC!

Welcome aboard! Definitely join up on the Albatross Club, you're supporting a great site (THP) and great organization (Folds of Honor) by doing so!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome! My cousin is a member at Golf Crest. Fun Course!

Houston group has been a little stagnant, but we get together from time to time.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and yes join the club. It is your ticket to all the cool events which really set this community apart.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Back