Leather vs synthetic gloves?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I pulled out a brand new Callaway glove the other day (I think it was an Extreme) and in one practice session, the finger on the glove was coming apart at the seems. I had taken my standard glove (Callaway Dawn Patrol) out of my bag and the new Extreme was the only one I had with me.

I looked up the fabric used in the Extreme and found that it is mostly synthetic material, where as the Dawn Patrol is 100% leather. I had a used Footjoy glove and noticed that it was 100% leather as well.

From now on, I will only buy leather gloves. Seems like they are not only more comfortable, but they breathe better in hot weather and seem to last longer. Even if they don't, I'd rather pay for the comfort than gloves that have a plasticky feel.

I bought a Callaway glove whilst out of town and wasn't paying attention. It was synthetic. I hate it. Not breathable at all, and feels terrible.

I prefer cabretta leather, and hope to never use a synthetic again.

In fact, last week at the Morgan Cup, CPG provided us with a couple of gloves. One synthetic, and one leather.... they're worlds apart.

Been playing a synthetic Zero Restriction for two weeks now. Been pleased with the fit and not finding it at all hot or unable to breath. Isn't most of the dry fit, wicking material used in base layers, shirts, shorts etc. All synthetic?

Kangaroo leather is fantastic.

I think leather does a better job of stretching and becoming more form fitting with use which seems to limit tearing at the seams.

I prefer leather for the fit and longevity. Synthetic seems to lose its fit way too fast

I will only buy leather gloves..

Ditto. Leather will fit to your hand, shrink and stretch as needed. Synthetic will not. Leather is more comfortable and breathable as noted. Funny, I buy the cheap Dawn Patrols now as well. They fit me perfect after a couple of rounds, last well for super thin leather and are really bottom of the barrel inexpensive. My only worry is they keep on changing. The black insert ones were awesome and then the grey insert ones were paper thin and much less durable. The latest perforated version seems to be better again. I hate stocking up, but...

Last edited:
I bought a Callaway glove whilst out of town and wasn't paying attention. It was synthetic. I hate it. Not breathable at all, and feels terrible.

I prefer cabretta leather, and hope to never use a synthetic again.

In fact, last week at the Morgan Cup, CPG provided us with a couple of gloves. One synthetic, and one leather.... they're worlds apart.

I did the same thing. I was at Dick's Sporting Good and bought a three pack. I hate them and they are hot. Leather s the only way to go.

Leather only, I like the dawn patrols also.

I do not wear a glove but when I do it's always the leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leather yes. Synthetic no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leather here too, to be synthetic fabrics stretch too fast and the thumb always rolls on me.

Leather ,just like the feel.

Leather only, have used synthetic but didn't like the feel.

Back