NHL 2014-2015 Season

Jim Benning is just another freaking moron running our team.

Let me see if I have this right.
We gave a 2nd round pick for Linden Vey.
We gave a 2nd round pick for Beartchi
We gave a 3rd round pick for Dorsett.

...and we get a 3rd for Lack.

I need some blood pressure pills, now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just got the NHL notification.... Not a Canucks fan, but can see why you're upset Army. Horrible return.

It's like the Canucks aren't even trying.

It get's better. Talbot fetches WAY more. Lehner already fetched WAY more.

Canucks are, and should be, a laughingstock to the rest of the league.

:banghead:

Devils have Schneider under contract for 6 years and draft a goalie in the 2nd round despite needing goalscoring. I am just shaking my head.

Devils have Schneider under contract for 6 years and draft a goalie in the 2nd round despite needing goalscoring. I am just shaking my head.
Maybe they plan on trading that 2nd round goalie back to the Canucks for a 1st next year :)

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Maybe they plan on trading that 2nd round goalie back to the Canucks for a 1st next year :)

Don't give Canucks management any ideas. They are about as useful as a steaming bag of dog poo.

Ducks keep adding depth in the net. I suspect they will be moving someone and the Canes are just fighting to get to the cap floor.

As someone who hates the Canucks I think that is a great trade for Lack. lol.

Must say, for the first time, possibly ever, I really like who Toronto has drafted. Of course, it's basically all potential at this point, but if they pan out, some great talent this year.

Oilers just got a great goalie. Excited for Cam to get his shot at #1.

Oilers just got a great goalie. Excited for Cam to get his shot at #1.
What did it cost them?

I believe that both Fasth and Scrivens were highly sought after goal keepers but neither had the chance to be the number 1 similar to Talbot and neither of those two decisions paid off. Dubnyk is awful in Edmonton then moves on and ends up being one of the best in the game while plying with skill and mature players with the Wild.

To me the Oilers need an attitude adjustment and it looks like they are slowly headed that way with the front office moves they have made in the off season.

What did it cost them?

A second, third and seventh rounder. Pick numbers 57, 79 and 184

So how would have ranked the 3 goalies traded, Lehner, Lack and Talbot. Based on what it cost it would be:
1.) Lehner (21st overall)
2.) Talbot (see above)
3) Lack (3rd & 7th)

So how would have ranked the 3 goalies traded, Lehner, Lack and Talbot. Based on what it cost it would be:
1.) Lehner (21st overall)
2.) Talbot (see above)
3) Lack (3rd & 7th)

From a performance stand point imo.
Talbot
Lehner.
Lack.

Seeing a lot of surprise that the Rangers didn't try to get more for him.

From a performance stand point imo.
Talbot
Lehner.
Lack.

Rangers 192 goals against.
Oilers 283 goals against.

The Oiler's could make any goaltender look average or worse. Lets see what happens in free agency. Word is they might go after some RFA's if allowed to, and they are looking at free agency with hope, but whatever happens the back end needs lots of help. The good young defencemen need a good old one to learn from. Yes we got some back end help by face it, they still have 3-5 years to develop.
Chiarelli must have a plan which gives me hope. No doubt Talbot was well scouted when he was in Boston. At least everything he has done appears to be according to a plan which is better than the rash and random acts of Lowe and company.

Lets face it Katz is inspired to make his money back....
s5lNVmkaQeuRWYUokhE_nz6tvMNfiTKolLG-98kS8Nw=w1517-h1008-no

Last edited:
Rangers 192 goals against.
Oilers 283 goals against.

The Oiler's could make any goaltender look average or worse. Lets see what happens in free agency. Word is they might go after some RFA's if allowed to, and they are looking at free agency with hope, but whatever happens the back end needs lots of help. The good young defencemen need a good old one to learn from. Yes we got some back end help by face it, they still have 3-5 years to develop.
Chiarelli must have a plan which gives me hope. No doubt Talbot was well scouted when he was in Boston. At least everything he has done appears to be according to a plan which is better than the rash and random acts of Lowe and company.

Lets face it Katz is inspired to make his money back....
s5lNVmkaQeuRWYUokhE_nz6tvMNfiTKolLG-98kS8Nw=w1517-h1008-no

You guys need a boat load of help on the back end. Getting Gryba was a smart move and other than Ference he is now the oldest defenseman at 27 in your system. Should be an exciting off season for you guys.

Looks like the new stadium is going up in a nice neighbourhood. Is that close to 95 st and Jasper?

You guys need a boat load of help on the back end. Getting Gryba was a smart move and other than Ference he is now the oldest defenseman at 27 in your system. Should be an exciting off season for you guys.

Looks like the new stadium is going up in a nice neighbourhood. Is that close to 95 st and Jasper?

103A ave between 101 and 104 st. (Just west of the CN building) I think its awesome. The other places I have been that have done this like St.Louis its been nothing but good for downtown.

I like Gryba. Good, big, hard nosed, and he looks out for his team mates. Guys like that get everybody standing up for each other - and we need a lot of that too. It's funny how Chiarelli got him, traded him, moved here, and then picked him up again.

Last edited:
103A ave between 101 and 104 st. Its quite the project as there are 5 towers and the arena going up. I think its awesome. The other places I have been that have done this like St.Louis its been nothing but good for downtown. Except in terms of traffic disruptions. I took the photo from mom's place and getting anywhere downtown is a gigantic pain, like usual. After all it is a two season place, winter and construction.

I lived around that area for a short time. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. lol. I actually can't wait to see the finished project.

So the sports talk idiots in Buffalo are suggesting Legwand is worth less than a bag of pucks and be waived or sent directly to the AHL. He's got to be good enough for the third line for the Sabres. Some veteran leadership couldn't hurt.

I think Legwand is still carrying that stigma of being a second overall pick. He's not a bad player for a 3rd line (or 2nd line in a pinch), but at this point in his career that's what he is. Veteran leadership is always a good thing, something that was a bit lacking last year in Boston.

Of course, with Lucic and Dougie gone, it's even worse. I'm just crossing my fingers that there's a deal for a good d-man coming up, with either Jones or Subban as a trading chip.

I think Legwand is still carrying that stigma of being a second overall pick. He's not a bad player for a 3rd line (or 2nd line in a pinch), but at this point in his career that's what he is. Veteran leadership is always a good thing, something that was a bit lacking last year in Boston.

Of course, with Lucic and Dougie gone, it's even worse. I'm just crossing my fingers that there's a deal for a good d-man coming up, with either Jones or Subban as a trading chip.
I was really shocked at the moves Boston made. Hamilton was really coming into his own and I thought Lucic would be a Bruin for life. At least you won't have to see them much being in the west now.

So the sports talk idiots in Buffalo are suggesting Legwand is worth less than a bag of pucks and be waived or sent directly to the AHL. He's got to be good enough for the third line for the Sabres. Some veteran leadership couldn't hurt.

He should be able to get 40/50 points. Win some key draws and provide strong leadership for a developing sabers team. He was with Nashville for a long time so he knows all about the ups and downs and at 34 he can teach the kids about sacrifice for the greater good of the team. It would have been interesting to see how his points totals would have changed if he didn't play in Trotz defensive system that entire time.

The Talbot trade is interesting. Oilers get, yet another goalie who could be a #1, but hasn't proven it because of another goalie. Having great stats with the Rangers, is a lot different than with the Oilers.

A little shocked that haven't traded some of their stock for a proven #1.

Back