Bridgestone J15 Dual Pocket Forged Irons

This irons are great, definitely everything you could want in a Forges iron.

I'm starting to get really comfortable with these had two great shots today where i pured them and the shots were fantastic.

Don't sleep on these irons gents.

This irons are great, definitely everything you could want in a Forges iron.

I'm starting to get really comfortable with these had two great shots today where i pured them and the shots were fantastic.

Don't sleep on these irons gents.

Oh and definitely second the gap wedge...

Hit probably the best shot I've hit ever with the 4I today. 205 carry, slightly off line, but I felt the DG Pro kick and oh man the ball flew.

I need to tighten up the 4I and 5I but I'm settling in with all of these clubs and I'm still in love.

I know for a time and even not that long ago I wished I had gone cast, but after today and the last round, I'm definitely committed with these. Can't wait to show them off on June 13th!

I got a chance to hit these again today and man so they feel wonderful when struck properly I was seeing some outrageous distance for me, 6 irons in the 180 range. But for my amateur swing the mishits are way too penalizing.

I got a chance to hit these again today and man so they feel wonderful when struck properly I was seeing some outrageous distance for me, 6 irons in the 180 range. But for my amateur swing the mishits are way too penalizing.

Are you going J15 Cast? When I started gaming these that was more noticeable too the mishits were not as forgiving as the MTs, but as I've grown more comfortable with these my mishits aren't as penal.

Are you going J15 Cast? When I started gaming these that was more noticeable too the mishits were not as forgiving as the MTs, but as I've grown more comfortable with these my mishits aren't as penal.

I am going to try and hit them one more time before I have to choose but if I had to today it would be the Cast.

I am going to try and hit them one more time before I have to choose but if I had to today it would be the Cast.

What advantages are you seeing of these over the cast? Just wondering if those advantages are worth the difference in forgiveness, as I'd be deciding between these two sets as well.

These are straight gamers, My consistency is getting better and my approach game is improving, I feel comfortable hitting the 4I, I can move the ball and the feel is definitely there compared to my last set and they just look so good, love these clubs, looking forward to having them I play at The Invitational.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are straight gamers, My consistency is getting better and my approach game is improving, I feel comfortable hitting the 4I, I can move the ball and the feel is definitely there compared to my last set and they just look so good, love these clubs, looking forward to having them I play at The Invitational.

I hope I remember at the range, would love to do a quick side by side with the j40.

You were hitting these really well the other day. I really like this iron set - fits into that great "tweener" range where the Apex and 545 sit.

Mind if I ask how it's going w/ the DPF's? I've been following your progress because I'm in a very similar situation. Had been playing GI airing (Ping G25's) but have played i20's w/ quite a bit of success. I hit the J40 DPCs last year & wanted to love them, but I hated the PX shaft. So when I saw the DPF I just jumped all over them. Ordered them sight unseen & I have to say, so far I'm having mixed emotions. I love the way they look, but I'm struggling a bit w/ anything higher than an 8 iron. My miss is on the toe & im experiencing a lot of harsh feedback & significant distance loss on mis-hits. I want to love these. How long did it take to get used to them & how much work was it to get to where you were seeing as good of results as you were w/ your old clubs? I'm a 12 hp, by the way....

Sorry... Thought my first question didn't post so I wrote it again. I guess posted same question twice...

No worries, software issues happen from time to time.

Mind if I ask how it's going w/ the DPF's? I've been following your progress because I'm in a very similar situation. Had been playing GI airing (Ping G25's) but have played i20's w/ quite a bit of success. I hit the J40 DPCs last year & wanted to love them, but I hated the PX shaft. So when I saw the DPF I just jumped all over them. Ordered them sight unseen & I have to say, so far I'm having mixed emotions. I love the way they look, but I'm struggling a bit w/ anything higher than an 8 iron. My miss is on the toe & im experiencing a lot of harsh feedback & significant distance loss on mis-hits. I want to love these. How long did it take to get used to them & how much work was it to get to where you were seeing as good of results as you were w/ your old clubs? I'm a 12 hp, by the way....

Traveling today. I'll have a write-up from this weekend, and I'll answer your questions as well.

Sorry for the delay in posting this.

My miss is typically off the heel and there is distance loss, maybe 5-10yds on slightly off center hits. I know when I've taken hits off the toes the distance loss is more significant.

I want to say i fit seamlessly into the short irons, but the first 5 rounds I was not comfortable at all, call it winter rust, bad swing, what you want.

I have game these for 15+ rounds and range sessions and it definitely took me 10+ plus rounds before I was comfortable with the whole set after 5 rounds I was comfortable with 7-PW (4I i still have some trouble with, more accuracy than distance though)

I also am a fan of the DG Pros, they are a very good stock shaft I feel the kick on pure strikes and I get a slighlty higher launch than with my KBS Tours.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Oh and yes the looks are stunning as well, love looking down at address.

While at the PGA SS today I got a chance to hit these. BY FAR my favorite irons right now! Solid feeling and enough forgiveness. I went in to hit the Z545 again but these have now become my front runners. Was not expecting it caught me by surprise!

Hit these against the Z545 and FG V4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X.Man, please post more details about your experience hitting these irons. Why are the J15 Dual Pocket Forged now "BY FAR" your favorite irons? I'm trying to decide between the Z545 and these. Thanks.

X.Man, please post more details about your experience hitting these irons. Why are the J15 Dual Pocket Forged now "BY FAR" your favorite irons? I'm trying to decide between the Z545 and these. Thanks.

Yes absolutely, not a problem. Recently I have been able to make it to the PGA superstore because I have a project out near that area in town. With that said I have hit many new iron offerings. Initially I was set on Z545. Although as of late I have hit everything from the FlyZ+ forged, Nike VPC, Wilson FG V4, Apex Forged, RSi2 and the Z545.

It will be hard to argue with any of the irons in regards to feel. When struck dead center on the face all of the above mentioned Forged offerings feel fantastic. But there are a few of those that stood out to me and one of those being the J15's. My miss lately has been on the heel of the club, And I noticed that with the J15 DPF I have less distance loss (not by much) BUT NOTICEABLE. Also, the shot dispersion was much tighter for me with these as well.

One of the major reasons I think plays a factor for me is that the stock DG Pro shafts fit me better in the J15 DPF than the Nippons in the Z545. And as a stock offering with those heads it just felt better to me in general.

Now I did get fitted recently to Nippon Modus 3 shafts which I plan on putting in any of these heads. I found that the lighter Nippon shaft in the stock Z545 didn't mesh well with me, but as an "off the rack" performer with the stock offering provided at the PGA SS i felt the J15 DPF's are a better overall fit for "MY" swing

Note: SRIXON does offer other shaft alternatives to order at no up charge (I.e. KBS Tour) but I was solely basing my decision on what was readily available to try in store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, X.Man. I appreciate your reply.

Background: I have been fit for irons several times in the last 2-3 years, but these heads (and shaft combinations) were not available. I definitely want composite or graphite shafts because of previous severe tendinitis in my elbows and some slight wrist involvement. It is not bad now, but steel is no longer an option for me. My miss is usually slightly low out toward the toe.

I am deciding between the J15 Dual Pocket Forged and the Z545, as I mentioned. My shaft selection is between the Steelfibers and the Recoils.

I have hit the J40 DPC quite a bit both last year and this. To date, FOR ME, this has been the best iron, in both feel and performance. My experience with the Srixon is limited but early impressions are strongly positive. In the next few weeks, I expect to travel a few hours to the nearest PGA SS and, hopefully, do some A-B comparisons. I have not yet hit the J15 version, but am expecting it to be fairly similar to the J40. But, I shall see.

I have hit both the Steelfibers and the Recoils numerous times, but each in various heads.The Steelfibers perform well form me. They are a solid fit. I also really like the Recoils, but want to do more comparisons.

Bottom line: All of my demos have been with different heads and different shafts at different times. I need to do direct comparisons with a launch monitor and, ideally, observing ball flight.

Thanks again for sharing your observations.

Time to get in some work with my new friends.

76a40a7a54366fbe1a4f1b259a15a0ce.jpg

Sweet, Bridgestone irons rock!

Ok here are some initial thoughts from me. I hit the 5 - PW off mats. Not ideal, but my free time the next couple weeks is limited so I had to go to the closer range. At any rate, I installed a set of Nippon 950 GH's I had. I was fit into these shafts last year and they're lighter than the stock shafts, which I thought would benefit me a little more.

The profile on these is much thinner than the Diablo Forgeds, but is preferable to me. The finish appears to be chrome, which is shiny but also was nice to look at at address. After some practice swings, they felt lighter than the Forgeds, although the shafts are basically the same weight. The head is longer but a tad shorter than the Diablos as well.

I'll just come out and say I have a lot of positive things to say about them. Mind you, we're talking about one range session and I almost think it's cringe worthy when reading or writing reviews and getting the line about seeing more forgiveness, more consistency and more distance, but dammit that's what I saw! The big thing that stuck out to me were forgiveness. They are a lot more forgiving than I was expecting. And the forgiveness goes all the way through the set. What that did for me was I was hitting the 5- 7i as good as I could remember to the point where my 5h and utility iron might be coming out of the bag. I actually had a few hits out on the toe, which is almost unheard of since 99% of my misses are towards the heel. I was encouraged by these toe misses more than anything since I think it's easy for me to adjust. I had a few really bad mis hits with the 5i, but worked on squaring the face and the ball took off. For me, any time I can rely on the 5i as a consistent club, the iron set as a whole is pretty much already a winner. My biggest miss was a slight push, but it surprisingly held its line more than I expected and kept distance. I did not have any low on the face, which has been a big miss for me the last couple years, so that was promising.

In a lot of ways, these reminded me of the Speedblades. A thinner profile with lots of forgiveness that shined in the middle irons. That's a big compliment in my book, as the 6i in the Speedblades goes down as one of my favorite clubs ever. Based on what I saw today from the DPF 6i, it may have competition. But getting that confidence back in an iron set even down to the 4i is something I've been wanting for a while, so it'd be great if the good hits with these continue.

Feel-wise, they were terrific to me. A tad more muted than the Diablos, but I was getting that compression feeling at impact and was seeing a nice high ball flight that was about 10 yards further than I've been hitting the Diablos recently. I was basically getting the distances I see when I'm hitting the ball well. But with these irons, that seemed to be the entire range session.

I'm putting these in the bag immediately. Although I love it, my utility iron is coming out for now and if the 5i keeps it up, my Jetspeed 5h might be out too.

Back