Golfing alone - boring or fun?

I used to play alone all of the time when I worked nights and weekends. I always really enjoyed playing alone or joining random folks at the course. Now that I can play on the weekends I love being able to play with friends, I don't even care that I'm not good any more. Well at least not as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun. Always easy going and fun to try different shots and practice situations along the way. I do most of my golf ball scavenging during these rounds as well

I don't mind taking my self to the woodshed on occasion

I prefer to play golf alone. Besides being able to try different shots, I find it easier to concentrate and it allows me to do different things. For example, on some holes I will play from the tips and then use the women's' tees on another hole. I find that this forces me to be more creative with my shotmaking.

I mostly play alone, but it's not really by choice as I would rather play with others. Playing alone is nice once in a while though, for most of the reasons already posted, but it does suck when you hit a great shot and no one is there to witness it but you.

I really like it.

I like being able to drop another ball near the green and try a different shot.

The negative is no one will believe you if you hit a hole-in-one.

That has always been my fear but I figure that it has not happened yet and folks that know me would know I would not lie about it. If I was going to lie about it I don't think I would have waited until I hit 67 to do it. :smile:

I prefer to share a round with others, but I have no problems play a round solo. In my previous job I found it as an escape from phones and emails. I still enjoy that aspect as it is peaceful but gives me a chance to try different shots and get some on course practice in.

Like has been said, it can be quite peaceful. Especially early in the morning.

I really like it.

I like being able to drop another ball near the green and try a different shot.

The negative is no one will believe you if you hit a hole-in-one.

The boldest is always my biggest worry. I think I've settled on if it ever happens, I will sit down on the tee box and wait for the next group to come through and make them walk down to the cup with me. I'm not sure what I'd do if I was the last one out there...

I just like to get out and play.

I play solo a few times a month....its good for me, gives me time to work on things and take me time without worrying about slowing anybody down

I prefer to play with someone, but there is something nice about playing by myself. I can hit a couple of balls and try something different if I want to.

Love playing alone. I can really get into a place of zen, no worries or cares in the world.

Question for you solo guys: Ever play 2 balls and keep 2 scores for an entire round when it's not crowded?

Course was empty today, so it will likely be tomorrow. I might give it a shot.

I do this every time I play a weekday round, usually from two different sets of tees just to switch it up. I have a rotating day off during the week so I play quite a few solo rounds during the year.

I enjoy golfing by myself, I tend to play faster then average keep me in good rhythm

I prefer to play with friends. I have done a few rounds alone for training purposes. One problem I have is that I tend to loose more balls when playing alone. Even balls that I know have landed on the fairway can magically disapear...

Like others have stated, alone is great for practice and getting in a quick nine holes at twilight. As a high handicapper, less pressure and better scores alone.

I've got no problems with playing alone. Where I am, I only have a couple of pals who play and they are 40 odd miles away (and married with young children) so every game with them has to be booked and arranged weeks in advance! Whilst I'd like to have a regular group to play round with, it just means that it's me on my own that tends to turn up to the course. I don't mind it so much, but I'm always a wreck when it comes to playing through people. I'd rather hang back and play another ball or two round the green.

I have played alone a handful of times, usually just on a par 3 course to practice as it was a quiet course that I could play a few balls into each hole

I prefer being out on the course with friends though

I find golf fundamentally fun so therefore golfing alone must = fun

Truth is I prefer to play with my normal golf friends but they have differing schedules, family obligations, monetary situations etc. and do not have the flexibility to play that I do. Given that I play about half my rounds alone and enjoy it just fine. As others have said it is a good opportunity to work on some things. I have also had good experiences pairing up with others during solo rounds and over the last couple years this has given me the opportunity to get to know several other pretty good guys that also play my home course.

Back when I played golf a lot I loved to go out by myself. As many said it's quite peaceful and you can take a few extra shots.

The hardest part for me was following and finding my ball. I am the worst at that! And since I was such a beginner my ball would end up in some interesting spots.

Love to get out alone. The me time is as important as golfing time.

I love playing alone and being able to get some solitude on the course. In todays ridiculously busy world being able to turn off the phone and shut everything off for a few hours is simply paradise.

Most of my rounds are alone. I enjoy it and find it relaxing. It also makes rounds with friends that much more fun.

I like solo golf.

Back