New poster, here, and I think I'm screwed.

Welcome to THP, and these are definitely clubs that can serve you well now, but that you'll also be able to grow into. They'll fit a wide handicap gamut. Enjoy them and welcome again

Exactly what I was hoping to hear, my friend. Thanks for the welcome and reply.

Welcome. I think you will be fine with the Apex. Another Ham and Egg fan here. A blast from the past indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP. You're going to fit right in.

Welcome. I think you will be fine with the Apex. Another Ham and Egg fan here. A blast from the past indeed.

Thanks for the welcome my friend and.................

Nice! I don't remember a lot of the poster's names from Ham and Egg but that sure was a cool place to hang out. I bought my Cally X-12s and my Taylor Made Nubbins putter (still love the feel of that thing) from leftylen. I remember eudaman used to post daily about his rounds and he played more golf than should be humanly allowed (I think he was a trust fund baby. LOL).

Nice to see you Patrick-O!

Welcome to THP. You're going to fit right in.

Thanks to all you folks I already feel right at home, brother. Thanks for the welcome, my friend.

I don't think you'll have much of a problem with the Apex. Worst case, if the long irons give you trouble, you could switch to a hybrid at the 5i spot. The mid/short irons aren't too tough to hit.

I don't think you'll have much of a problem with the Apex. Worst case, if the long irons give you trouble, you could switch to a hybrid at the 5i spot. The mid/short irons aren't too tough to hit.

I was thinking the same thing, actually. When I was at the range the other day I was actually hitting my 4 and 5 irons pretty decent once I got into my second bucket. I ended up buying a X2 HOT PRO 3 HYBRID for $23.00 at Callaway pre-owned (waiting for that to arrive also). If I like it I may just go ahead and pick up the 4 also. As it stands I'm sitting on a gap between my 3 and 5. Que sera sera, I suppose.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome

Welcome to THP. The original Apex were great clubs, I gamed them for over a year.

Welcome!!

I was thinking the same thing, actually. When I was at the range the other day I was actually hitting my 4 and 5 irons pretty decent once I got into my second bucket. I ended up buying a X2 HOT PRO 3 HYBRID for $23.00 at Callaway pre-owned (waiting for that to arrive also). If I like it I may just go ahead and pick up the 4 also. As it stands I'm sitting on a gap between my 3 and 5. Que sera sera, I suppose.

Hit 'em a bunch before deciding on slotting something in there. 5 irons are getting longer and longer... that gap may be manageable for the time being.

Hit 'em a bunch before deciding on slotting something in there. 5 irons are getting longer and longer... that gap may be manageable for the time being.

This is good advice and if it works without the 4 allows you to consider another wedge.

Welcome! This is a fantastic forum and my one tip, sign up to the Albatross club - a worthwhile cause with the added benefit of entry to some seriously good competitions.

Good advice. Thanks for the heads up!

Welcome! This is a fantastic forum and my one tip, sign up to the Albatross club - a worthwhile cause with the added benefit of entry to some seriously good competitions.
Thanks for the welcome, Deano!

As I've been perusing the site, I've seen the tags for the Albatross Club. In my infinite wisdom, my first thought was: "This board has more liars than a fishing forum. There's no damned way that this many guys have carded an albatross!" :lying:

I didn't figure out what the Albatross club was until I read about sign ups for the Cleveland sponsored outing. That lead me to spending, literally, a couple of hours reading the Grandaddy recap thread from last year. The whole concept is really cool and once I get some other things in order, I'm certain I'll be a perpetual member of the club. Between upcoming vacations sandwiched together and some new club purchases it will be a couple of weeks before I spend ANY cash but it's now a life goal to attend a Grandaddy event. The club certainly qualifies you for some amazing opportunities. I'm loving this forum so much already!

Welcome to THP!

Back