Mack Daddy or Sure Out???

stryper

Reaction score
Handicap
n/a
Currently loving my 64 SO and now thinking of replacing my worn out 56-10 SM5. So I'm tempted to just go 58 SO, but I'm wondering how much more versatility I might get from a Mack Daddy PM grind? Would probably be switching from a 51/56/64 setup to 51/58/64, making the gaps a little more uniform.

Suggestions/input?

Currently loving my 64 SO and now thinking of replacing my worn out 56-10 SM5. So I'm tempted to just go 58 SO, but I'm wondering how much more versatility I might get from a Mack Daddy PM grind? Would probably be switching from a 51/56/64 setup to 51/58/64, making the gaps a little more uniform.

Suggestions/input?

Those are some pretty large gaps between wedges. I would recommend not having more than 4-5 degrees variance from wedge to wedge.

I think it depends on what you need help with as the Sure Out is definitely more forgiving IMO

I carry and use both. I always open the face on the Mack Daddy PM but never on the Sure Out. I use the SO on tight lies and the Mack Daddy in higher or fluffier lies. Love both!

Currently pitting a 58* Sure Out against a 58* PM Grind. I've been using the PM since it was released but figured I'd give the SO a try. Honestly they are very similar and I could go with either. The PM looks better in the bag but I'm nowhere good enough that I should care about that stuff...but I do unfortunately.

Back