Highest Hybrid You Have Tried

I've hit 3 and 4 hybrids. Never anything higher though. Might benefit from a 5 hybrid, but I have really improved my 5 iron this year.

I just recently added an adjustable 5H to my bag, set to 21*. It replaces my 5W and 3i. Easy swing yields good results, with distance ~10-20 yd beyond what I can get with my 5i, which is exactly what i was hoping to achieve.

I think my old Nike VRs was a 27* hybrid, hit it well, but eventually turned to the iron. Just have the one now.

I have 18* and 20* hybrid that I play, I never could hit a 4i (I have one) the 18* gives me about 220-230 and my 20* is about 210-200 and fills my gaps nicely.

I had my a12OS witha 6 hy, it was fun to hit, but I feel like I am more accurate with an iron

I have played the new Adams Tight Lies 3, 4, and 5. These were the only hybrids that I could find that I was pretty consistent with and the 5 is by far the easiest one for me to be confident and consistent with on the course.

5 hybrid. Love it. Fills the gap where a 4i would be for me and a lot easier to hit high in the air than a 4i.

Same here. Just picked one up. 25 degrees. Fills the need exactly as I had hoped

I had a 4 hybrid in my bag for a while, but I didn't use it as much as other clubs, so I ended up tossing it out. It wasn't bad club, I think I just needed to find the right loft and distance to carry between my 3 hybrid and 4 iron and that wasn't it.

For me its a 3h, not sure I would go higher. I can hit my 5,6 sky high so no need for me at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carried a 4H for years but just kept hooking the thing. Finally went with an Adams 3H last year. Heavier, stiffer shaft and really digging it so far.

I am playing a 5 hybrid now and love it....

I've had a bag full of hybrids just as recently as last year. X2Hot Pro 16*, 20* & 23* were in the bag and filling yardage gaps that I couldn't get with my long irons & fairway woods. Now that I found the VSeries fairway woods & have cleaned up my iron game, I only carry a 22* right now.

I play Altitudes down to the 9, so a 9 hybrid. ;)

I think the intent though was when you pull a iron and then replace it with a hybrid. Like that, the highest was a Ping K15 6 hybrid.

When I first started playing (I was late to golf) I gamed the original Bobby Jones 21, 25, 30. To show you how confused I was I also carried 5i/6i!

Due to swing issues I didn't hit them particularly long but they were pretty fun. I used to call the 30* my fairway wedge. I probably only hit it 155 carry (serious flipper in those days) but I could wrap the ball around trees on the draw or fade/slice and pretty much clear any tree that I could with my PW. I've never found any iron that I could hit better from a bad lie in the rough either. Not sure why I dropped them. Where is my ebay password...

6h.....Ping G10,,,I believe it is 32 degrees....Used to carry,,,3,4,5 & 6 G10 hybrids....Took the 5 and 6 out last year and replace them with normal irons........The way I have been hitting them recently my hybrids are probably not far from a return trip to the bag!!!!!

21°, reading all the comments I'm missing out!

I've been thinking about getting myself a 23°, but also a 17°.. Still uncertain :)

The Adams a12OS set I tested had a 6hybrid in it and I loved that thing.....wish I still had it!

I just ordered a Callaway XR 5 hybrid

Added my first hybrid, XR 3h 19*, two months ago and absolutely love it. Reading about how much fun Jman is having with the XR 5&6 hybrids makes me want try them also.

Currently got a 20 degree but seriously debating a 23 to replace my 4i

Have only gone as far as a 4H. For now, mentally, that seems to be my stopping point.

5 hy for me. The only problem was I hit the dang thing to far, it didn't fill the gap like I wanted so I got rid of it.

I have a 7H Adams V3. I feel like I lost my man card but it is super easy to hit.
The 7 iron used to be my favorite club then one day i could just not hit it.
I got the 7H and I love it.

910H 24* in the bag now and for the foreseeable future.

I have gamed (and currently game) down to 4h, but I've hit 7 and 8 hybrids before and they are very easy to hit for sure. I feel there is a bit of diminishing return to the huge MOI and hollow body in shorter irons, at least for me. I'm looking for precision in those irons, plus I want to be able to really dig the ball out with those - and the fatter hybrid sole doesn't help me do that as much.

I've also hit an 11 wood before (which is like a 5 hybrid) and maaaaan was it silly easy to elevate. Lost some turf interaction vs. iron or hybrid there though.

Back