Please evaluate my swing

CB67

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi Freddy I am about a 12 handicap left-handed golfer and my biggest tendencies have been to get quick on the down swing with a big loss in spine angle causing my lead foot to jump off the ground at impact losing balance at times and my misses are usually a pull hook or a big block push / fade - however the pull hook is probably the most common ugly miss.

I have been trying to really work on keeping everything quiet and maintaining spine angle in my golf swing while slowing down my tempo.

Ive been hitting the ball a lot better lately and I've managed to finally get rid of that nasty tendency to jump my lead foot off the ground.

My my ball striking has been much better - straight with a slight draw and my misses have been tiny push fades.

My main swing thought now is to keep my body quiet during the swing while staying down on my shot and not coming up out of my swing on my toes while losing that spine angle.

I have videos of me hitting a driver and a six iron in which both shots went straight with a slight draw and I was wondering what you may be able to pick up from my swing that I can address and work on some more. It would be greatly appreciated thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_0DdGUoOw - 6 iron

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKLy80zjeI - driver

Last edited:
There is nothing glaring to speak of. You say you have issues maintaining spine angle. My guess is that is due to you swinging way too hard. These two swings you posted looked solid but guarded. Impact sounded solid so I'd keep working on your current swing thoughts. It's all about reps.

There is nothing glaring to speak of. You say you have issues maintaining spine angle. My guess is that is due to you swinging way too hard. These two swings you posted looked solid but guarded. Impact sounded solid so I'd keep working on your current swing thoughts. It's all about reps.

Thanks for the response ! Good idea about the reps. It's been a while since I've struck the ball consistently well and it feels good so Im definitely focusing on simple thoughts and simple feel and just trying to repeat what's been working.

You said my swing looks guarded, can you elaborate on that? Does that mean I'm swinging a little scared / reserved or does it refer to specific mechanics? Sorry I'm not farmilar with the term lol.

Thanks a lot Freddy!

Thanks for the response ! Good idea about the reps. It's been a while since I've struck the ball consistently well and it feels good so Im definitely focusing on simple thoughts and simple feel and just trying to repeat what's been working.

You said my swing looks guarded, can you elaborate on that? Does that mean I'm swinging a little scared / reserved or does it refer to specific mechanics? Sorry I'm not farmilar with the term lol.

Thanks a lot Freddy!

By guarded I mean not 100%. It's not a guided swing but it's close. It's seemed a bit tentative but that's fine Unity you 100% comfortable.

Thank you very much !

Only problem I see is you're set up on the wrong side of the ball. :D

Back