Random comparison question.

caseyrc

Reaction score
Handicap
I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone can answer this. How does the R15 stack up against the Nike Covert driver from last year when it comes to forgiveness? I've been focused on getting a club with CG more towards the back for forgiveness but as of late I've been hitting the Nike a lot straighter and since the CG is forward on that as well I thought maybe if the R15 is a tad more forgiving I could get away with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random*

Personally, I think the Aeroburner would be a better choice if you want distance and forgiveness. The R15 is a great club, but if your swing is not on point then it can be very penal on misses.

Personally, I think the Aeroburner would be a better choice if you want distance and forgiveness. The R15 is a great club, but if your swing is not on point then it can be very penal on misses.

That's kind of what concerned me. I've heard plenty of feedback about bad repercussions for mis-hits. I want to look into the Fly-Z so I'll check the Burner out as well.

That's kind of what concerned me. I've heard plenty of feedback about bad repercussions for mis-hits. I want to look into the Fly-Z so I'll check the Burner out as well.

I played the SLDR for some time and the R15 plays very close to it. Probably the longest driver I have ever gamed when hit on the screws, but man when I made a bad move on it I wanted to pull my hair our. Low and Forward is not the best idea for many amateurs. If you want the best of both worlds and like the Fly-Z, look the Fly-Z+ which has the weight you can move from low and back to low and forward and you have the best of both worlds and can adjust to suit your swing and performance.

I played the SLDR for some time and the R15 plays very close to it. Probably the longest driver I have ever gamed when hit on the screws, but man when I made a bad move on it I wanted to pull my hair our. Low and Forward is not the best idea for many amateurs. If you want the best of both worlds and like the Fly-Z, look the Fly-Z+ which has the weight you can move from low and back to low and forward and you have the best of both worlds and can adjust to suit your swing and performance.

I never really took into account the Fly-Z+ because again, I was looking for low and back CG but that could have an advantage if my swing gets better I can just flip the weight forward. Also, I noticed a price drop on the Cobra's too so that's always a plus.

Thanks ?

I can't compare the R15 against the covert, but I do think it is an improvement over the SLDR. Another couple to consider would be big Bertha 815 or the 915 line from titleist.

Agree with above, the Covert will be more forgiving, although I never really bonded with any Nike driver ever.

Back