2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Only Phil.

what hapenned?
He went with iron off the tee to play it smart and appeared to mishit it. His ball did not clear a swail, leaving himself an uphill side hill second shot. He they hit that shot to about 10 feet, when most everybody else has done much worse from the fairway.

I may have overestimated at 25 feet.

Kooch with a nice approach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New alignment aid: cigarette butt.

Great Scott!!

New alignment aid: cigarette butt.

guess he didn't have a swimming tube available. Chalk this under common items you can use to help your golf game haha

I know this golf isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's cool to see the pros having to hit different shots because of the wind instead of just bombing and gouging their way around the course like at most PGA Tour stops.

I know this golf isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it's cool to see the pros having to hit different shots because of the wind instead of just bombing and gouging their way around the course like at most PGA Tour stops.

one of the reasons I love this major. Look at the first 3 majors of the year and how different they all play(generally). To think that 1 person is in the hunt to win all 3(albeit very early) is so incredibly impressive. I really enjoy watching links golf, esp when the wind blows. Part of the reason I was angry with what they did last year in round 3 to avoid playing in bad weather.

Most pure and best form of golf, IMO. There's a reason that Nicklaus (I think, or maybe it was someone else) called the Open "the one to win."

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The shot making of these players are way more impressive than the distance they can hit on a dry tree lined course.

one of the reasons I love this major. Look at the first 3 majors of the year and how different they all play(generally). To think that 1 person is in the hunt to win all 3(albeit very early) is so incredibly impressive. I really enjoy watching links golf, esp when the wind blows. Part of the reason I was angry with what they did last year in round 3 to avoid playing in bad weather.

I think that the storm that came in after round 3 last year had lightning associated with it, which doesn't happen all that much in the UK, so I understood the decision last year.

What a shot by Stensen!

haha Phil, "Go! Blow it!"; still 8 feet short.

oh Phil, that putter need to change

In fact, keep it for now

It's so interesting how to the naked eye the course looks wide open and easy but playing it gives you a different experience. I love the subtle ways it forces shot making. From a PNW perspective, the course is so open and rolling with huge greens it makes me think of Old MacDonald at Bandon. I love it.

Phil! Love his short game

Saw Rosie having a good day so far. Hopefully it'll continue

Not AT ALL a fan of TM's new commercial.

Back