WITB - US Open Champion Brooks Koepka

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Koepka doesn't have an equipment contract after Nike stopped making hard goods last year, so this is definitely a mixed bag. Link for full details: http://www.pgatour.com/winners-bag/2017/06/18/brooks-koepka-u-s-open-winner-s-bag-erin-hills.html

Driver: TaylorMade M2 2016 (Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ 70TX shaft), 9.5 degrees

3-wood: TaylorMade M2 2017 3HL (Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana D+ 80TX shaft), 16.5 degrees

Irons: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (3-iron; Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X shaft), Mizuno JPX-900 Tour (4-PW; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM5 (48-10 F-Grind and 52-12 F-Grind degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shafts), Titleist Vokey Design SM4 TVD (60 M-Grind degrees; True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100 shaft)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 SLT T10

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

His bag doesn't look a lot different than some THPer bags. Not surprised by this set up at all given no equipment contract. Pros are loving those 900 tours.

I love the mixed bad. Vapor fly pro. Didn't see that coming.

It's a shame that a win like this is going to stop him from gaming what works for him. Love seeing bags like this and what the pros put in play once they're done being paid to play it

It's a shame that a win like this is going to stop him from gaming what works for him. Love seeing bags like this and what the pros put in play once they're done being paid to play it
Will it though?

Will it though?

It depends. Someone is gonna throw an equipment contract at him after a win like this, no?

It depends. Someone is gonna throw an equipment contract at him after a win like this, no?
His bag looks like the standard bag made up of OEMs that like to sponsor select spots. Taylormade for woods, Mizuno for irons, Titleist for ball and putter.

He may not have a 14 club deal, but it looks like a piecemeal bag of sponsors.

More than likely, but it doesn't automatically mean he will take it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a mixed deal. Especially after reading the story on the irons.

Awesome mixed bag. He really put this clubs to work. Great win!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Big wedge gap from 52 to 60?

He could have got a deal if he wanted one, no question.

Issue is he isn't going to get anything from TaylorMade after the Rory signing and Mizuno can not afford him.

dj does the same thing. he and brooks are close. wonder if that plays in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love seeing the 2016 M2 still racking up some wins!
Great bag here and it's so fun to see what the Pros bag when they aren't under contract.

Cool set up. Great story

Like seeing the Mizuno JPX-900 Tour irons in the bag of a major winner

Love the mix.

Interested to see where this goes after a huge win.

Another win for a TM driver, seems like the billionth this year

More than likely, but it doesn't automatically mean he will take it. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a mixed deal. Especially after reading the story on the irons.

I didnt read the article when i made my first post. That makes more sense now but i still feel like if the right deal comes to him hes taking it. The way that guy swings a club, any shot can be the one that wrecks his back and hes done earning winnings.

Ability to play different shots to different distances allows for less wedges. It's the part of the bag that's interesting to see what pros do.

When Cleveland started the own 125 campaign they had a stat about number of wedges in players bags and it broke down to something like 13 hdcp and below played 3 or more wedges and 18 hdcp played two or less.

Anybody know where I can get a set of these headcovers? Im in love with them but cant find them anywhere

https://twitter.com/BKoepka/status/876150471098028036

Anybody know where I can get a set of these headcovers? Im in love with them but cant find them anywhere

https://twitter.com/BKoepka/status/876150471098028036

They are from stitch golf.

dj does the same thing. he and brooks are close. wonder if that plays in.

Definitely. Read somewhere that Brooks hit DJ's 3 wood on the range and fell in love with it and ordered one very similar.

Back