Most Golf In A Single Day?

JonD

TEAM JB - 2024 Quest Cup w/Edel Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So my FIL has a hair and wants to play his age in golf holes this year... In one day. He's 65 and doesn't know if he'll ever be able to again. As such, I'm headed down to visit Wednesday as it's the longest day of the year. We tee off at 6am and play until we accomplish the goal. It's at his home course where he's a member and he's worked it out with the staff. I know, it's nuts. I'm going to take a cart as he wants to walk as much as possible. Figure I can put his bag on there with mine and serve as a support vehicle later in the day. :D

Anyhow, what's the most golf you've played in a single day? Other than the obvious, any tips for enduring such a marathon?

54 for me and a couple of friends. Could have gotten to 72 but we had to wait for rain before we started, and one of the guys had to go pick up his parents in St. Louis after we got done with the 54th hole.

36 is the most I've done so far. I'm not sure I've ever finished the 2nd round and wanted to play any more haha.

36 is the most I've done so far. I'm not sure I've ever finished the 2nd round and wanted to play any more haha.
Yeah thats me too. Idk if im a whimp or not but after that im bout done lol

54 holes a couple weeks ago. If you guys have the energy you should have plenty of daylight to get that many in as long as the course has good pace of play

54 holes a couple weeks ago. If you guys have the energy you should have plenty of daylight to get that many in as long as the course has good pace of play

Having the energy is the main reason I'm riding. It's a flatter track, so I could probably walk a lot of it, but I don't want him to get stuck on the opposite side of the course from the clubhouse and lose all his steam. It's mid-week at a smaller local course. Hoping we don't see any pace issues. Definitely going to pack my battery pack for my phone and GPS though!

45 holes for me. And it was too much. I wasn't even really trying the final 9, just going through the motions to get done. Can't imagine playing 65 holes in a day. Good luck.

Played 54 holes in 27 hours this weekend.....

36 for me. No desire to do anymore than that.

didnt we do 45 holes in treetops? Granted that was the par 3 course but i thought we went back out for another 9

didnt we do 45 holes in treetops? Granted that was the par 3 course but i thought we went back out for another 9

Did we? I don't remember. Maybe we did and it was 45 then

36 for me and couldn't wait to be done the last few holes.

36 holes then I need eight hours sleep and two bowls of wheaties before I could do it again.

Apologies to Richard Pryor.

Last edited:
63 holes in one day at Northstar in Truckee a few years ago.

54 holes in just over 6 hours, was good times.

54 holes is my most, done it multiple times including at the old THP outings. Man I miss those.

I've done 36 holes but I'd like to do 54 or more at least once. Just hard to do with public courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once played 81 holes, make sure to take next day off if capable

40 something holes in Abilene, Tx. Freezing temperatures with a light drizzle of rain and my putter would have a small sheet of ice on it by the time I got to each green.

Almost got to 72 holes once at Yale golf course. Oh, to be young again.

The most I've ever done is 36 holes. I've done it a few times, and only enjoyed it a couple of them (which happened to be back to back days). I have a hard enough time staying engaged for a full 18, much less anything more than that.

90 holes in one day and 144 holes over 2 days is the most I've played.

About 60-62 holes. Way back when Ocean trails just lost 3 holes to earthquake and Trumph took over. For $99 all you can eat. We started at 6:30 the breakfast after the first round , then lunch after the third. No one was there.

Now it's $300 a round.

Last edited:
So far 36 in an event. I rather liked it could see myself going another 18 at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back