His Name Is RALLO.

rogt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The story is simple what a great guy and THP member. I met rallo at the Illinois,Missouri,Minnesota, Wisconsin RR in Iowa a few weeks back. He's from Iowa like me. I Played Fridays practice round with him, first time we met. Very outgoing and was a great host around the course. And boy he got around the course quite well , I believe a 77? Well he was rolling the flat stick so well that I asked what it was, a Odyssey Big T CS. I was struggling to get my speed and setup down that day and Saturday during the RR. And it continued my rounds of league the last week. Well I contacted him by pm asking about his putter. Well he texted me back right away( forgot we exchanged phone # was stalking him Friday night to hang out before the meet and greet) I told him what I was struggeling with putting and he told me about his putter he was using and the feel of it, then the unexpected, he offered to send me his putter to give it a try. I was blown away by this we had just met a week ago, who'd a thought. Well he took my info and said he would get it out to me. Roughly a day or two later a box was at my front door all I could think was wow! I go inside open the box and what do I find?? Not one odyssey Putter but two with a weight kit to play around with again I am floored. Well I went into the carpet putting mode the rest of the night and then hit the course the next couple days trying to get a feel for a different putter. Loved the feel of both but tough to gauge on such a critical stick over two days. I defiantly didn't want to keep them from him for too long. So boxed them back up today and sent them back and decided to write this. Just a huge thanks goes out to rallo and THP as you make it possible to meet some genuine and just top notch guys, everyone I met that weekend were just great, many new friends for life. Thanks. Long winded sorry just want to let everyone know if you don't get involved you will miss out on some great people. Oh by the way going to purchase a odyssey o works V line ch.

Very cool story! I've met quite a few great THP'ers who are very giving with time, advice and equipment. Hope you have great success with your putter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogt - great followup story to a fantastic RR weekend. Good luck with the new putter.

Rallo is da man!

Thanks bud. You made it a comfortable first even for me to and many others. I'm coming your way this year some time to check out some tracks up there.

Thanks bud. You made it a comfortable first even for me to and many others. I'm coming your way this year some time to check out some tracks up there.

Looking forward to it! Another option is Amana Colonies. Guessing we could get a few players from IA and/or MN, including Rallo.

Great story Rallo is awesome

Good ol Rallo. Great guy for sure.

Rallo is a phenomenal guy. Loved talking to him

Hey dude, this thread was completely unnecessary, but I appreciate the sentiment. Golfing with you and Dave was a blast on friday! Hopefully that o works ch becomes an instant success for you, oh, and I second @Vortex 's idea, we should get together and play Amana!

When a man offers up his Grandaddy putter on loan you know he's a good one. FYF rallo you awesome sob

Rallo is awesome and this isn't a surprise. Well done!

Hey dude, this thread was completely unnecessary, but I appreciate the sentiment. Golfing with you and Dave was a blast on friday! Hopefully that o works ch becomes an instant success for you, oh, and I second @Vortex 's idea, we should get together and play Amana!
Understood, but from my perspective what you did was huge. The group of golfers I use to hang around were not very nice people took more pride in destroying people not in there click group, making them leave the club they belonged to and spreading viscous lies. So to meet good people like I have at the 3 events I have been to, makes me live for this game again and wanting to meet new people. And yes there are some great people " genuine " people in this game let alone this country. I thank you again.

Understood, but from my perspective what you did was huge. The group of golfers I use to hang around were not very nice people took more pride in destroying people not in there click group, making them leave the club they belonged to and spreading viscous lies. So to meet good people like I have at the 3 events I have been to, makes me live for this game again and wanting to meet new people. And yes there are some great people " genuine " people in this game let alone this country. I thank you again.

That's what playing with THPers is all about dude. Great people, fun golf and not being a Richard

When a man offers up his Grandaddy putter on loan you know he's a good one. FYF rallo you awesome sob
To be fair, there was no way that I would let him keep it...

And we get to follow rallo at the Shaft Up #2 coming up. Everyone that I met at the RR made me feel accepted like we new each other for a long time. THP' ers are an unique group of people that I am glad that I joined this forum.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Awesome story...how can you not love THP and THPers?! I seriously cannot wait to get in my first event to meet some of you awesome people. :D

rallo is a good dude for sure!

Wow that's an awesome story. I've heard nothing but good things about Rallo and this adds to the list.

I'll echo the sentiment as well. I met Rallo at the RR and you can immediately tell he is a good guy and just gives of a vibe that makes you feel comfortable.

Very cool gesture rallo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rallo is a stand up guy for sure.

~Rock

Back