Mickelson/Bones Split - Mutual Consent

Phil's statement is phenomenal. But man, that is definitely shocking news.

Well, it had to happen eventually. I'm sure there is a bit more to this story than we know, and based on the statements from both, I don't think it's going to be to crazy.

Wow, this news sure came out of left field.

Does this mean Bones is available for The Grandaddy? :alien:

Never seen this one coming at all.....

Bones maybe didn't enjoy sitting out the US Open? Or maybe he decided he wants to make money again.

Either way they had a great run and glad to see them split amicably.

Wow, this news sure came out of left field.

Does this mean Bones is available for The Grandaddy? :alien:
"Josh you got 185 pin, 198 back and 170 front. Hit a solid 8 iron for me." - Bones

"Hand me my 5 iron."

Is this an example of Fake News that everyone's talking about nowadays?

Phil and Bones are built to last. They're just like Simon and Garfunkle, LeBron and Dwayne Wade, and/or Brad and Angelina.

Just kidding of course. I'm genuinely surprised by the news.

This is a shock.

Read the article. Kind of shocking but both guys seemed level headed about the situation

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I propose the idea that next year Phil plays an extremely reduced schedule and starts with whatever business venture he has planned indicated by him wearing his own logo now. This means Bones was probably still wanting to be a full time caddy so this gives them both what they want.

Surprised is an understatement

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I was shocked like everyone else, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Phil hasn't won in a long time, and a fresh perspective may be needed. Bones would probably enjoy getting a winning cut again.

I didn't see it, but my dad was saying Phil indicated that being at the top of the leaderboard got to him. That blows me away at this point of his career.

Very surprised. But liked each of their statements. Sounds like it was on very good terms.

Shocked but maybe this is good for both.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just saw this on Instagram. This is more shocking than Tiger going into rehab!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put me in the shocked category...wow...that veto comment at the end of Phil's statement is classic!

I propose the idea that next year Phil plays an extremely reduced schedule and starts with whatever business venture he has planned indicated by him wearing his own logo now. This means Bones was probably still wanting to be a full time caddy so this gives them both what they want.
Agree 100% with your proposed idea. Makes sense. Wonder who Bones talked too at the U.S. Open about looping for what player??? Wonder what young, up and coming player Bones will end up with?

Calling it now. Tigers new caddie will be Bones.

I'd love to see Bones change the career of a younger up and comer.

Calling it now. Tigers new caddie will be Bones.

Might as well wear the Nike troll face as a logo if that happened. That'd be strroonngg.

I heard a hypothetical while driving tonight that bones may have just said he can't quite keep up with it anymore after having both knees replaced last year. The biggest question is going to be if he shows up on another bag this year.

Not a fan of this but sometimes change can be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also cray to believe stat...Tiger has won more recently on tour than Phil....had to do a double take on that one

And Phil has made double the $$$$ on tour since tigers win.

Back