Most Overrated Course You Have Played

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This could be something simple like everybody told you it was awesome and you thought otherwise or the "rankings" show it high and you just don't get it.

This could be something simple like everybody told you it was awesome and you thought otherwise or the "rankings" show it high and you just don't get it.

I've played some pretty crappy tracks. But honestly, I'm just happy to be out on the golf course... any course. No complaints.

Rees Jones course at Pinehills in Plymouth Ma. Just does nothing for me. Nicklaus course on same property much more appealing to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Torrey south wasn't bad but not worth the cost and didn't seem like anything super special to me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Trump national so cal.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Turtle bay Palmer course. They make it sound if your playing golf next to the beach/ocean and that further from the truth. Only one hole can you see the ocean and that's not till you reach the green at 17. The front 9 is boring and not one hole is memorable. Back 9 not to bad but not worth 2 bills or $100 if your local.

For me, Doral's Blue Monster was very over-rated. Extremely expensive, highly ranked, but just didn't do a ton for me. 18 was a memorable hole, but outside of that all I really remember was just sand everywhere and very flat. I played it pre-renovation, so maybe it is better now.

Harding Park in San Francisco. A forgettable course with no great holes, poor greens, and lousy overall condition. It's a muni and feels like one. The foggy weather is persistent and renders any rangefinder other than a late model Leupold useless. I get invited to play in a scramble work event there each year and I've made up excuses not to go the last couple years.

I can't believe they have recently hosted World Golf Championships and the PGA Championship returns there in 2020.

Torrey south wasn't bad but not worth the cost and didn't seem like anything super special to me.

I would agree. I guess my expectation was this course is impossible. It was hard but wasn't blown away by it. In the end it was just a really nice golf course, nothing special.

Thanksgiving Point.

You know I am sure there is one I am just forgetting but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Prairie Club,Forest course in Nebraska was highly overrated. Wildhorse, which was in Gothenburg, NE is a better course than either of the courses at the Prairie Club.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Plantation course in Maui. The scenery is beautiful and the course is very nice. Unfortunately, the buildup exceeded reality. Guess that's one of the problems with expensive courses... expectations are influenced by the green fees.

Pasatiempo. I can remember a couple of holes, one with a world class view, and it was a fun day. I will play it again some day. But I had built it up too much in my head before the round and it couldn't meet those expectations.

Both the course, Wolf Dancer, and the resort, Hyatt Lost in the Pines, in Bastorp Texas were not what I thought they'd be. The course was OK but nothing really stands out other than a driveable par four. The resort was probably OK but we didn't see much as there were kids everywhere, including the bar, all hours of the day and night. Nothing like a relaxing weekend of parents yelling at their feral beasts everywhere you go coupled with just a bad golf course.

I'll add Royal links in Vegas. I'm sorry not at one time I felt like I was in England or playing a course from England.

Furry creek, it is always highlighted as a top course in the province. Yes the scenery was second to none. But the course layout and conditions did not stand out. Plus the price during high season is insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... I'd have to think about this one...

Ithe Liks of Glen Eagles im Cochrane.

I'm too cheap to play overrated courses...and the nice courses I've played have been because of THP and none of them have been overrated.

Torrey Pines for me also. Its a really nice muni course for 200

Torrey Pines for me also. Its a really nice muni course for 200

You're lucky you're with Galen or you'd be dead to me.

Definitely have Torrey on the list for me.
Bay Hill is another that was just okay. The AP connection helps more now though.

Almost anything that has TPC in the name - only Sawgrass is worth it, can only say I haven't had a desire to replay any of the others I've played.

Back