Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Whats your favorite? I prefer Woodford and Dr Pepper

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paging Panda.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulleitt is pretty good, but Woodford you could just throw on the rocks and call it a day.

If I'm cutting bourbon with something as strong as Cola, then it might as well be cheap. Usually it'll be Seagram Seven and diet Coke for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you're cutting it with soda, the Bourbon doesn't matter - get something inexpensive.

Another idea is just a splash of soda over bourbon and rocks to soften up decent bourbon. I do it sometimes with 7up. Just a splash.

But most of the time, it's a good quality 80 proof over one big rock.

You misspelled rum.

Coca-cola and Kirkland Signature Canadian Whisky.

That stuff is good, tastes just like Crown and a handle costs $20. It is a better deal than the Kirkland golf ball.

This thread is a travesty

If I'm cutting bourbon with something as strong as Cola, then it might as well be cheap. Usually it'll be Seagram Seven and diet Coke for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I enjoy a Seven and 7 every now and then. I'm more of a Whiskey with a splash of lemonade guy though.

Straight!!! Or on the rocks. Never mixed unless rail brand like JD or Jim Beam.

I only drink bourbon neat with 1 exception. I will drink a mint Julep on the first Saturday in May,

If I were to drink a whiskey and coke, it would have to be with cheap stuff. Its probably the only way I could ever stomach anything from Jim Beam.

I'm not mixing anything good with Coke. I usually put rum or Canadian Club in Coke and have Bulleit (either bourbon or rye) with a splash of water.

nerp. not gonna do it. sweet + sweet = fat chris with a wicked hangover.

I would only stick a JD in with a coke, not that I'm a whisky snob, it's just what I like.

My recipe for a bourbon and Coke, adapted from Churchill's martini recipe:

Ingredients
Bourbon or rye of your choice
Rocks glass or bourbon snifter
Ice is optional
One bottle of Coke - the Mexican version, made with real sugar, if you can get it

Instructions

1. Add ice to glass/snifter (if desired).
2. Pour bourbon/rye into glass/snifter while looking at the Coke bottle
3. Enjoy

First, Woodford Reserve is not my favorite bourbon, but I don't think I would even put it with coke.

Second. Coke and Dr. Pepper are two different things.

Third. Bourbon must be distilled and aged in the United States. It must be aged in newly chard oak barrels. It must have a mashbill of 51% corn. Canadian whiskey is not bourbon. Seagram's Seven is not bourbon.

I have had plenty Jack (not labeled as a bourbon) and Cokes. I have never mixed a bourbon with a cola. I don't want to.

If somebody wants to enjoy their bourbon with Coke, Dr. Pepper, or whatever else will fit in the glass, that is just fine by me. Whatever allows you to enjoy the quintessential American spirit.

nerp. not gonna do it. sweet + sweet = fat chris with a wicked hangover.

fact, no carbs in whiskey!

This thread is a travesty
@blugold Comes in with the save. There's a difference between bourbon and whiskey.
First, Woodford Reserve is not my favorite bourbon, but I don't think I would even put it with coke.

Second. Coke and Dr. Pepper are two different things.

Third. Bourbon must be distilled and aged in the United States. It must be aged in newly chard oak barrels. It must have a mashbill of 51% corn. Canadian whiskey is not bourbon. Seagram's Seven is not bourbon.

I have had plenty Jack (not labeled as a bourbon) and Cokes. I have never mixed a bourbon with a cola. I don't want to.

If somebody wants to enjoy their bourbon with Coke, Dr. Pepper, or whatever else will fit in the glass, that is just fine by me. Whatever allows you to enjoy the quintessential American spirit.
I like Eagle Rare, 1792, and Woodford. I wouldn't necessarily mix any of them with coke but not opposed to it if someone else is buying!

How to ruin a good bourbon -- put coke or any soft drink in it.

When you put coke into bourbon, you're just trying to feel the effects of alcohol.

Generally I'm with Desmond on this one.

I'm a bourbon fan who drinks my daily treat neat or over a large cube of ice that won't melt much. Buffalo trace, 1782, Elija Craig and Jim Beam black label in my house right now.

Over the summer I bought a bottle of Makers Mark. I've not had any in over 30 years and said what the heck. It is a decent bourbon but not really my taste. So one hot day I mixed it with Coke and I was impressed. Somehow the flavor of Makers made the coke taste even sweeter to me and I had a hard time detecting any alcohol taste. I guess I know why this was the tailgate bourbon/coke drink of my parents generation in Lexington. I've never had a better bourbon in a coke.

Basil Hayden's but the coke will be in a separate glass ;)

@blugold Comes in with the save. There's a difference between bourbon and whiskey.

I like Eagle Rare, 1792, and Woodford. I wouldn't necessarily mix any of them with coke but not opposed to it if someone else is buying!
I mean, telling somebody the right way to enjoy their spirits seems...arrogant.

Drink your whiskey however you want to. Hell, people who work at the distilleries mix their bourbons with soft drinks.

Whiskey people telling other people how to drink their whiskey is as bad as golfers complaining about what other golfers wear.

Back