Unofficial DMV Outing July 22nd-23rd 2017

Crest when you get the chance would you C&P the list into this post so it's easier to find?

Plus that will put you in charge of updates
Why ur doing a fine job!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for setting this up guys. Hopefully we'll be able to fill up a couple 4somes. Look forward to meeting up in a few weeks.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Food for thought.

Played at my club yesterday and we picked up a single. We were talking about area courses and I mentioned our outing and that we were kicking around Pendleton as a venue. He said he played it a few weeks ago and the course was in pristine condition. Nicest he's see it in a while. Just want to put that out there. Personally I'm still good going wherever the group chooses. We should try and get confirmations around the 12th, that's 10 days out and if the numbers are good, we can do some wheeling and dealing. With that being said, I still like Viniterra as a venue, but if we can pick up a few more Northern players by going to Pendleton, that's an easy decision IMO.

Food for thought.

Played at my club yesterday and we picked up a single. We were talking about area courses and I mentioned our outing and that we were kicking around Pendleton as a venue. He said he played it a few weeks ago and the course was in pristine condition. Nicest he's see it in a while. Just want to put that out there. Personally I'm still good going wherever the group chooses. We should try and get confirmations around the 12th, that's 10 days out and if the numbers are good, we can do some wheeling and dealing. With that being said, I still like Viniterra as a venue, but if we can pick up a few more Northern players by going to Pendleton, that's an easy decision IMO.

Sounds good man. We could also add a poll to the thread just to see what people would prefer.

I am home now so I will have some time to update the thread and hopefully get some more interest.

Just looked it up and from me it is only an hour. That is very doable for me.

Ok let's do another redo of the head count.

Let me know if you are in or probable and I will update the first post.

In.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

3154467dd62b3221a39df77cca66b778.jpg

In and really looking forward to it. Let the "call outs" begin!

In like ... everyone else?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A maybe still.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Im a maybe

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well that is 5 in and 2 maybes. Let's go people make a decision and come play golf with awesome THPers at a sweet course.

Looks like I'll be in. My sister is coming the following weekend. I'll be at the Seniors Players at Caves Valley the weekend before. So this would make it 3 straight weekends I tied up. If one of you guys promise a couch to sleep on after I get the boot, I'll be there. LOL...

Also the latest reviews on Pendleton sound promising and it is closer. That said, I know courses in the areas are really starting to struggle right now condition wise with the lack of rain. If there's anyway to check back in on conditions at the last minute before committing it might not be a bad idea. Mesamann might know which course typically is more on top of maintenance? I don't suppose either of them are Bermuda fairways are they?

Keep me in as a maybe, leaning probable. Will know more about work travel schedules as we get closer.

oh and one request from those of us driving in from the northern reaches. If possible to avoid an early AM tee time, that'd be great. Maybe a 10:30 or 11:00 if that isn't too late for others. TKS

oh and one request from those of us driving in from the northern reaches. If possible to avoid an early AM tee time, that'd be great. Maybe a 10:30 or 11:00 if that isn't too late for others. TKS

Rob if you want to drive to my house I can drive the rest of the way down. That way I can have a car buddy

I would like to try and play with yall on the 22nd. Have you picked a course definitive course yet. I saw Vinterra mentioned and someone said Colonial Heritage. I can tell that Colonial Heritage is in great shape and will kick your ass but in a fun way. Vinterra is nice just played there back in May and it was in good shape. Vinterra is 45 minutes for me coming from Newport News and I know the wife has a hair appointment that day, so her and my daughter are gone. Please let me know what the course is as I would like to try and join you Northern guys again this summer.

PS: I am playing Colonial Heritage on Thursday, if that is still an option I can gladly speak to the pro about a group outing and possible rates.

Last edited:
I apologize but I will not be able to attend!

Rob if you want to drive to my house I can drive the rest of the way down. That way I can have a car buddy
Thanks Jessie. The time request was more about not having to get up at 5am on a Saturday than the actual drive. Ha

But it would be fun to carpool it with you. And more importantly maybe get to meet the Instagram sensations known as the Bash Brothers!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jessie. The time request was more about not having to get up at 5am on a Saturday than the actual drive. Ha

But it would be fun to carpool it with you. And more importantly maybe get to meet the Instagram sensations known as the Bash Brothers!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Haha I hear you man. I am up early these days anyways.

They will actually be at the beach that weekend. One of the reasons it is free for me to play golf

Looks like I'll be in. My sister is coming the following weekend. I'll be at the Seniors Players at Caves Valley the weekend before. So this would make it 3 straight weekends I tied up. If one of you guys promise a couch to sleep on after I get the boot, I'll be there. LOL...

Also the latest reviews on Pendleton sound promising and it is closer. That said, I know courses in the areas are really starting to struggle right now condition wise with the lack of rain. If there's anyway to check back in on conditions at the last minute before committing it might not be a bad idea. Mesamann might know which course typically is more on top of maintenance? I don't suppose either of them are Bermuda fairways are they?

I really can't answer either question Rob. I have not played Pendleton in a few years and am going by what I was told Sunday as far as condition. In regards to Viniterra, I have never seen that course in bad shape. They get their water from retention ponds. In fact, I played there last year with the guy who owns those ponds and leases the land to Viniterra. I met him at RNK the first time everyone took a trip down prior to the RR, he bought several woods from me that day and invited me to play V. He gave me the entire story about leasing and using his water, which included lifetime membership to the club. Not bad huh? Not sure about which species of grass. I think it's the green kind:act-up:

Back