Mickelson and Gambling

flog2424

Philippians 4:13
Reaction score
Handicap
Sounds like Phil will not be charged since he was the better. Funny how he is connected to these unsavory people.

Sounds like Phil will not be charged since he was the better. Funny how he is connected to these unsavory people.

It's amazing how he seems to get a hall pass on all this but if it was a certain former world #1 he would probably be sentenced to death

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perception.

Phil is a family man so the general public loves him no matter his extracurricular activities.

It's amazing how he seems to get a hall pass on all this but if it was a certain former world #1 he would probably be sentenced to death

Yep. A little thumbs up and a $100 tip at a lemonade stand and dude is a hero.

He does seem to pop up in some odd conversations when you look at his TV image. He better watch out. He's managed to keep a pretty clean legacy thus far. Would be a shame to ruin it.

He should be banned from the Hall of Fame, or they need to finally let Pete Rose into Cooperstown

He should be banned from the Hall of Fame, or they need to finally let Pete Rose into Cooperstown

Well Pete bet on his own team that he managed. Slightly different situation.

interesting...very interesting indeed

He does seem to pop up in some odd conversations when you look at his TV image. He better watch out. He's managed to keep a pretty clean legacy thus far. Would be a shame to ruin it.

Agreed, having some friends with insides on Tour they feel the same way. They are amazed he has kept a spotless reputation with some of the rumors that are out there

Mickelson and Gambling

Actually I don't think he ever bet on his own team, or at least against them.

I could be 100% wrong though it's been so long since I cared .

Technically if there are bets on the Chargers or Padres could it be considered the same?

True. My comment was a bit tongue in cheek but I forgot to include an emoji :)

Actually I don't think he ever bet on his own team, at least against them.

I could be 100% wrong though it's been so long since I cared .

Yea, he did. I just read an article about it for some reason. No clue how I came across it.

Technically if there are bets on the Chargers or Padres could it be considered the same?

Sorry, I don't know what that means. Is he part owner? Either way, that's not the same thign.

2.75 Mil from illegal gambling from Phil's account. Sounds clean to me.

Not that it matters, but gambling is illegal in most states. You have a weekly home poker game with some buddies? It's probably illegal. Granted, we aren't gambling $3million, and law enforcement is much less likely to care.

~Rock

Yea, he did. I just read an article about it for some reason. No clue how I came across it.

Sorry, I don't know what that means. Is he part owner? Either way, that's not the same thign.

You're a smart man, I should have known better.

Believe he does have pet ownership..... What if he bet on a Ryder Cup team and that's secretly why he had so much beef with Watson last year??

Is betting on golf against the PGA Tour rules?

There are reasons why so many of his peers don't/didn't like Phil. The gambling is pretty low on that list.

Is betting on golf against the PGA Tour rules?

I would have a hard time giving a pass to any PGA player betting on golf, even if it's technically legal.

The article is vague on this, but I'm really curious about why Phil is not being investigated and/or indicted by the feds. Not for the actual betting, but for money laundering. It seems very clear that Silveira was laundering Phil's money, which means that it is almost certain that Phil was involved. Now, I'm not necessarily saying that it was as clear as Phil saying, "here's my money, make it clean," but nobody simply gives someone else $3 million to someone else to shuttle between bank accounts without having some idea of what is happening with it. It's not like this guy was Phil's money manager. My guess is that the feds wanted the bigger fish--the guy who was running the operation (meaning he was probably doing this for other clients too) and Phil cooperated in exchange for an immunity deal, which was sealed in some fashion.

I would have a hard time giving a pass to any PGA player betting on golf, even if it's technically legal.

I only ask because of the Pete Rose chatter.

I only ask because of the Pete Rose chatter.

I know. I think the whole team sport vs individual thing might be a factor but it's not to me. Especially if someone is getting on Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup matches.

Back