GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

PIQ AND MOBITEE UNVEIL NEW WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY THAT TRACKS GOLFERS’ EVERY MOVE FROM TEE TO GREEN

All-*‐Encompassing Game Tracking Device, Compatible With Android and iPhone Platforms, Gives Golfers A Wearable Rangefinder, Scorekeeper, Shot-*‐Tracker and Swing Analyzer

i-2QZbLMV-L.jpg

JUNE 30, 2015 – PARIS, FRANCE – PIQ, the creator of the most sophisticated multisport sensor technology announces its first wearable golf device that provides golfers with more instant data than ever before.

In partnership with leading golf app developer, Mobitee, the very lightweight PIQ golf device easily attaches to the golfer’s glove and can display yardage to the green while transmitting swing metrics, shot tracking and specific club data onto the golfer’s smartphone. This comprehensive breakthrough technology of a wearable rangefinder, shot tracker and swing analyzer is all thanks to PIQ’s $5.5 million funding round led by Foxconn in May.

“We realized it was time to inject new innovation into the game of golf, and PIQ device makes the game more enjoyable and offers new ways of improvement,” said Cedric Mangaud, PIQ co-*‐founder and CEO. “With a partner like Mobitee, the leader in golf apps and software, we were able to develop the very best wearable sensor technology, connectivity and software that dramatically improves the golfer’s experience during and after his round, ultimately making the game more exciting.”

i-KSZrbnk-L.jpg

Unique and Easy To Use Wearable Rangefinder

The PIQ sensor is the lightest and sleekest GPS rangefinder that comfortably clips onto any golf glove and provides instant, easy to read yardage to the front, center and back of the green. Instead of having to look through a viewfinder on a handheld device or pulling a smartphone out of his pocket, the yardage is shown on a vibrant LED display on the back of the golfer’s glove.

Using Mobitee’s database of over 35,000 golf courses across the globe, the 65 million golfers worldwide have accurate distances no matter what golf course he or she is playing. The app automatically detects the course and then displays hole-*‐by-*‐hole yardages based on the golfer’s GPS location.

“We wanted the user to experience our Mobitee app without having to take their smartphones out of their pocket,” said Stan Chapus, Mobitee CEO. “Now they are able to quickly view precise yardages with a glance at their hand using the PIQ golf sensor.”

Statistical Club Data and Shot Tracking

Data is captured from every club that the golfer uses during his or her round through the use of near-*‐field communication (NFC) sensor tags that are inserted onto the end of each grip. Fifteen NFC sensor tags are labeled specifically for each club in a standard set and an additional three customizable sensor tags are also included for a total of 18.

During all the golf cession the on glove display feature allows the golfer to control in real time his or her key action even in sunlight situation.

With a quick tap of the sensor tag to the golf device on the player’s glove before every shot, the shot-*‐tracking and distance data is then recorded onto the Mobitee app. That real-*‐time data is instantly viewable on the smartphone or can be analyzed afterwards.

Mobitee and PIQ will track all shots and record yardages to give the golfer the ability to analyze their distances with each club providing helpful averages over time for future club selection. Golf should be fun and PIQ highlights the golfer’s best moments of the round including longest drive, best swing, top score and other highlights that can be shared via social media and text messaging.

Innovation Through In-*‐Depth Swing Analysis

In addition to a rangefinder, scorekeeper and shot-*‐tracker, PIQ captures important data of the player’s swing including swing tempo, club head speed, and the swing path. That information is then displayed in a 3-*‐D swing analysis on the smartphone.

By integrating the latest sensor technologies along with NFC tags, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and cutting-*‐edge micro-*‐processing technology, PIQ incorporates 13 axis points and accurately measures performance metrics such as velocity, height, airtime, G-*‐force, amplitude, trajectory and others.

The wearable PIQ sensor can be positioned in the ideal place for data collection whatever the sport. PIQ is a small, ultra-*‐lightweight, waterproof and flexible multi-*‐sport motion sensor connected via BLE.

To view the PIQ product video click here https://youtu.be/T1Hb0sOCN3U

Pricing and Availability

Mobitee and PIQ golf offering can be pre-*‐ordered on www.piq.com for $269. Preorder customers will also have exclusive access to the device prior to retail availability in select golf shops in September.

About Mobitee

Mobitee is the Best GPS & Scorecard golf application, already number 1 in Japan and Europe. Well ranked (4.5/5 stars on application stores), Mobitee is compatible with Android and iPhone devices. Improved month after month by its dedicated team, Mobitee is now the most complete with its unique features (Flyover, scorecard calculation for all the main games modes, rangefinder, hole view, club advice,) and its content of more than 35,000 courses mapped worldwide and updated daily. For more information please visit www.mobitee.com

About PIQ

PIQ is French based, subsidiary of Octonion, a Swiss-*‐based company specializing in software and services for sensors. PIQ is a team composed of seasoned executives, designers and engineers located in Switzerland, France, Eastern Europe and the United States. The team has applied its years of technology, design and go-*‐to-*‐market experience with creating and commercializing PIQ. PIQ is manufactured by Foxconn, the world's largest electronics contract manufacturer in the world. For more information on PIQ, go to: www.piq.com

PIQ Golf Sensor

PIQ Golf Sensor

Ran across this today. Currently only available in Europe but could have plans to bring to the US. Looks like a combo of Arccos and Game Golf with a smaller sensor and no need for your phone in your pocket. the sensor would have to be really light for me to wear it on my glove

Warning: video is excessively dramatic.

Anyway, I can't get to their website here are work so I have no idea if it is useful but here is were I read about it:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/30/piq-golf-sensor/

Here is their websote if you want o check it out:

http://shop.piq.com/products/mobitee-and-piq

These type of devices are really taking off now. not sure I would like that thing on my glove. But also I would need to start wearing gloves lol. How would it handle putting?

Maybe I skimmed to much, but I wonder if it's a pain when you take your glove off for putting and such. And there's a decent amount of people who play without a glove.

Maybe I skimmed to much, but I wonder if it's a pain when you take your glove off for putting and such. And there's a decent amount of people who play without a glove.

This is me. And do you have putt with a glove on?

Interesting! It makes sense adding swing data to a product like Arccos or Game golf is the next evolution in this segment.

• Admin
Ran across this today. Currently only available in Europe but could have plans to bring to the US. Looks like a combo of Arccos and Game Golf with a smaller sensor and no need for your phone in your pocket. the sensor would have to be really light for me to wear it on my glove

Warning: video is excessively dramatic.

Anyway, I can't get to their website here are work so I have no idea if it is useful but here is were I read about it:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/30/piq-golf-sensor/

Here is their websote if you want o check it out:

http://shop.piq.com/products/mobitee-and-piq

Merged with the press release I posted earlier on this.

Welp. #searchfail

from what i read it attaches to the glove and doesn't say if it can be placed on the belt or somewhere else, but it requires a tap of the sensor on the sensor so if it wasn't on your hand during a putt you could still get the stroke counted.

Some cool tech in this. I agree with others on wearing it on the glove, however. I would think one could wear it on a shirt collar or somewhere else on the body. In Florida, I go through several gloves during the round due to heat and humidity. Just doesn't seem to be the best place to wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, it just seems like these types are popping up all over!

I always find it weird when the sensor attaches to a glove, what about people who don't wear a glove? Or don't wear one on every shot???

shared the same concerns about removing your glove since I remove mine for all greenside shots and putts. If it works like the other systems it shouldn't be an issue though as the sensors go on the clubs so technically that's what records the data. Seems like the thingy that goes on your glove could technically go in your pocket or on your belt as emart said. just make sure you tap the sensor...wherever it is.

The "wearing it on your glove" approach is most likely a way to market ease of getting your yardage more than anything.

Also it appears to capture swing speed and weather or not you hit a block or hook and so forth. Is this recorded from the glove attachment or the sensor on the club?

Also it appears to capture swing speed and weather or not you hit a block or hook and so forth. Is this recorded from the glove attachment or the sensor on the club?

I would think that it captures the data from the gloved hand moving back and forth in the swing, meaning it would have to be on the glove if you wanted to know those metrics. I could be wrong but it makes sense in my head.

Wow this looks pretty good, but I do not wear a glove and would not start in order to sport this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that it captures the data from the gloved hand moving back and forth in the swing, meaning it would have to be on the glove if you wanted to know those metrics. I could be wrong but it makes sense in my head.

It doesn't look like it says for sure, unless I'm missing it, but if it is on the glove, I don't see how it could get all those swing metrics accurately.

Interesting, it just seems like these types are popping up all over!

I always find it weird when the sensor attaches to a glove, what about people who don't wear a glove? Or don't wear one on every shot???

I am along the same lines as you. Not sure how that sensor will hold up for me if I am constantly taking my glove off during a round. I am thinking that you can probably attach it to your belt.

I am excited to see there is an Android version and hopefully this puts Arccos on notice to push an Android version out sooner rather than later. Count me in the group that is interested in hearing more about this.

Anybody want to buy a GameGolf with one round on it?

Honestly, I would have to learn more about this to switch. I am finding, with only one round, that GameGolf certainly generates a lot of useful information and wouldn't really switch unless I found something significantly better that works.

This sounds like a pretty complete system. I will be interested in hearing more about it.

The weight product is only 9 grams.
Much less cumbersome than any GPS watch.

It also give remaining distance on the screen sensor.

Back