Need a fairway club

Jamie4127

Reaction score
Handicap
Besides my driver my longest club in the bag is my 3i. I'm looking for a club that I can get more distance with on the fairway. I'm getting a little more consistent my with irons but I still hit a little shorter distance then the average golfer.

My current setup:
Driver - Nike sumo sq
irons 3 through 9 - Taylormade rac os
Putter - No name

Also I was given a Adams golf gt tight lies smart 3 club that I've never tried hitting. Is this club worth keeping?

Callaway Heavenwood.

/thread

:D

In all seriousness, the HWood is so easy to hit it's silly. As a 22 hdcp, I can't recommend it enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of good fairway metals out there that can be had for a song. The Adams Tight Lies clubs were the hottest thing going at one time. Other bargains include the Orlimar Tri-metals and the Taylormade V-steel fairways.

Really like hitting my Aeroburner HL 3 wood. It is also very easy to hit.

Great, I will look these up. I may try to get by the range and I'll try this adam tight lies out.

What are you looking to spend?

Current clubs, I would look hard at the Callaway Steelhead XR and the Cobra F7. the rails on the F7 really do work.

Used clubs, there are a lot of really good clubs available, Adams was making great stuff for a long time and can be had real cheap, the XHot and X2Hot were really good and are crazy low priced. Aeroburner was really solid and fun. So many options it really depends on what you are looking for.

I recently added a TM M2 7 24* fairway wood, I love the club easy to hit. I think the Callaway Heavenwood is also a great choice for someone that's not really fond of fairway woods the additional loft makes it easier to launch and its long for a 20* club because of the extra length.

I love my "V" series Heavenwood, super easy to hit plus I can still hold the green with it and as a short hitter that's important.

Adams produced some of the best fairways out there for many years and they are available for super cheap. Tour Edge Exotics "Trilogy" series are another great option that is really easy to hit and should be reasonably inexpensive now.

Back