Trying to Break 80 Club

Put up a 40/42 for an 82. So close I can taste it.

Still battling to break 80. About 4 holes where I seem to double every round. If I can save bogey at least on those I'd be in the high 70s consistently

Still battling to break 80. About 4 holes where I seem to double every round. If I can save bogey at least on those I'd be in the high 70s consistently

It's tough to make mistakes and break 80.

Describing my issues to a "T". The dreaded "other" bites me way too many times.

Describing my issues to a "T". The dreaded "other" bites me way too many times.
Tell me about it. My rounds consist of about 14 holes with good mix par, birdie, and a couple bogeys. Then I play other 4 holes lol

Playing my best golf and still haven't broken 80 yet. But 9 of my last 10 rounds count toward my handicap, so I'm really pleased with how I'm playing. Like many of you, it's one or two bad holes that seem to keep me in the low 80s. For example, last round I had a 39 on the front, and then proceeded to spray my drive on #10 and card a double. Then it was bogie golf for a few holes and then it was...an 82 (sigh). And this is on the blue tees with 71.9/133 at 6,800 yards. Gonna keep working...

Been shooting pretty consistently in the low to mid 80s and absolutely can't make a putt so I'm confident that if I can turn that around I'll finally break 80. Here's to hoping!

Been shooting pretty consistently in the low to mid 80s and absolutely can't make a putt so I'm confident that if I can turn that around I'll finally break 80. Here's to hoping!

Looks like you and I are in the same boat. I've been hanging around the 11 - 12 range for the last few months (but down from a 16 at the end of last season). If I'm hitting fairways, then I'm not making putts. If I'm making putts, then I'm not hitting greens. Can't seem to get it all together for 18 holes. I can do it for 14, though ;)

I finally did it! 42-37=79. I stayed out of trouble off the tee and scrambled around the green. I might go all to pieces tomorrow but I'm pumped today!

Been on a roll here lately 4 of the last 6 have been sub 80, I play mostly 5,890 to 6,400 yd courses so it is a bit easier. But the all but 2 of the last 6 have been on different courses so that is a good feeling to see it travel better.

First post in this thread for me. I have spent some time in the "break 90 thread" and my last few rounds have been under 90 so now I move here:) Personal best is 82 and breaking 80 will be my target for this year!

First post in this thread for me. I have spent some time in the "break 90 thread" and my last few rounds have been under 90 so now I move here:) Personal best is 82 and breaking 80 will be my target for this year!
Good luck Mac!

Good luck Mac!

Thanks! I do have some work to do with my short game before it will be a reality, but it is good to have goals

Shot a 77 41/36 will esc to 76. Finally rolling the putts in. Scrambled my ass off. All this with a 52 degree wedge around the greens, forgot to bring my 58. Maybe I ought to do it more often.

Best round ever.

Shot a 77 41/36...Best round ever.

Congrats! I'm still searching for my best round ever. I have 4 wedges in my bag. Maybe I'll leave two at home next time and focus on getting better with those. Good suggestion!

Settled for an 80 going 40-40. Hit a really nice 7 iron into 18 to leave myself a pretty straight 12 footer but I lipped it out. Really hit the irons well today & had some decent looks at birdie, but just couldn't get the putter working. I don't think I made anything outside of 5 feet all day long. Starting to get things dialed in & my game is trending in the right direction, just need some more work with the flat stick to get under 80 consistently.

Congrats! I'm still searching for my best round ever. I have 4 wedges in my bag. Maybe I'll leave two at home next time and focus on getting better with those. Good suggestion!
I really did focus a lot more because I had no lofted wedge. Ended up doing well, the lethal ball performed phenomenally.

Shot an 83 last Sunday after making the turn in 38. I played as good a game of golf as I am capable, until I came back down to earth. Penalties killed the back 9 or the sheer amount of bourbon we were drinking.

Had a chance but blew it on 17 (double bogey) and 18 (triple) but also on 8 and 9 (doubled both)

86 today with more 3 putts than I can count. Fast greens and was burning edges all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88 today for me. I got off to a weird start when I had to hit from the first tee with unlaced shoes and zero warmup. I never really had a shot at breaking 80.

Started off slow bogeying 4 of the first 5 holes but I knew there was some good golf in me. Rallied around a smoking hot driver and kicked 80 in the balls with a 75.

I tell you what, you are posting a hell of a lot of low scores for a guy (still) carrying a 9.8 'cap. Well done.

I tell you what, you are posting a hell of a lot of low scores for a guy (still) carrying a 9.8 'cap. Well done.

I can never find where to change that number, but it's a couple strokes lower now.

Back