JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Please answer on Twitter and here. Thank you.

Superstroke stands out to me the most. They're always great at promoting and updating on their players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THPers Sound Off

Superstroke and Callaway seem to stand out to me.

Don't recall seeing much from titleist for as big of a brand as they seem to have been/want to be.

THPers Sound Off

Callaway
Cleveland/Srixon
Snell
Lamkin
UST Mamiya
pX/True Temper

Are the best

Kentwool is solid, Bridgestonegolf had gone downhill
Taylormade is lacking Honma is solid, Titleist is solid, Matrix shafts is good could see more, Nead is okay, cure is good, seemore is good, Cobra is improved but still a ways to go

Callaway and Srixon/Cleveland do a very good job.

Would like to see more out of Titleist

• Admin
Callaway
Cleveland/Srixon
Snell
Lamkin
UST Mamiya
pX/True Temper

Are the best

Kentwool is solid, Bridgestonegolf had gone downhill
Taylormade is lacking Honma is solid, Titleist is solid, Matrix shafts is good could see more, Nead is okay, cure is good, seemore is good, Cobra is improved but still a ways to go

I think Wilson is really good too.
I do think there is a difference in being good on social media and good with engagement though.

callaway and project x/true temper are my favorites. i really like to see the zoo crew show their personalities on twitter. maybe i'm just not paying enough attention, but i feel like cobra could step it up some which is weird given their "cool" image branding

I replied Callaway is the best OEM for social engagement. I'd love to see more from Cobra/Puma though to be honest I haven't tried to engage with them. Project X and UST Mamiya are both very good as well. Srixon was good with Eli and Noelle at Cleveland is very good as well.

I can't answer. I don't engage in those sort of engagements.

I've been out of the game a bit so unable to adequately chime in but watching. From what I do see, UST Mamiya does a good job and I enjoy seeing the Callaway crew always engaged with fans.

I think that Social Media engagement is slightly different than just having good Social Media. Engagement is the quality and personalization of the interaction. Companies that are really good at this, are building brand loyalty.

Best:
Srixon/Cleveland - Eli (before he left) & Noelle do an excellent job with engaging people. The experience becomes personalized, and I think they have done a great job building awareness in their brand. Also their # game is the best w/ #PlayABetterBall, #SwitchToBetter, #JourneyToBetter, #Own125.

Callaway- They do a great job with content and interaction. At a company that is doing a lot of things well, they are among the best in Social Media.

Needs to do better:

Snell- it's not that they do bad, but (just my opinion) if you have the business model that they have, you can't just be ok on Social Media, you need to be great.

Titleist- I think if they were better at Social Media they would do a better job overcoming the misconceptions about their brand. They need to be more accessible and interactive.

I am very bias and think Callaway hands down takes the award for most and best interaction and overall content, Honma is trying (I also have a bias there) but Cleveland /Srixon and Wilson have come a long way in a fairly short time IMO.

Titleist may or may not care either way since their core market is quite loyal to the brand and with Cobra as a link into the younger market maybe a smart play.

I think Wilson is really good too.
I do think there is a difference in being good on social media and good with engagement though.

I read it as social media, engagement i guess I dunno i corrected and added Wilson with my tweet Corey is fantastic and it was definite sleight nit including them here

I feel kind of like an echo but:
Srixon/Cleveland
Callaway
Super Stroke
Wilson
UST Mamiya
Budget Golf

Please answer on Twitter and here. Thank you.

Cleveland/Srixon does social VERY WELL.

UST and Honma is also very engaging and responsive.

Callaway is really good but I think there's room to grow still. Titleist seems to be absent in true engagement with consumers on social but they post on their social accounts which is good.

Many of the other companies I'm not familiar with their social accounts.

UST and PX/TT get the nod for good content plus engagement when liking and responding to posts from golfers.

Titleist has stepped up in the last couple months with tins of content in different forms and their interaction has been there as well. Abby is great at her job.

CPG needs improvement

I think Harry and team do the best at engagement while project X has stepped up their game significantly. I think TM could do a lot more with less focus on main stars and focus on staffer totals in general kinda like how odyssey does with the putter count.

This is ****ing brilliant engagement...haha

Obvious answer is Callaway. But a sneaky one is Wilson. They have a lot of great content as well. I would say Srixon sticks out to me as well.

From my experience Cleveland/Srixon and Callaway do the social engagement well. Ping is another solid one. Least i am unsure as I have not had to deal with a company which could be added to this list

I'm not massively involved on social media but I'm slowly increasing my activity. From my perspective Toulon, Wilson Staff, Callaway, and Cleveland/Srixon seem to be the most willing to engage in a back and forth with the consumer which is all I really care about.

Callaway, Superstroke, Odyssey, Project X/TT, UST Mamiya stand out.

Companies that have upped their social game recently:

Titleist, Srixon, Cobra,

Fallen off the map:
Bridgestone, TaylorMade, Nike, Footjoy

Superstroke and Callaway seem to stand out to me.

Don't recall seeing much from titleist for as big of a brand as they seem to have been/want to be.
If you join team Titleist you'll hear from them non-stop. They must prefer email over social media

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you join team Titleist you'll hear from them non-stop. They must prefer email over social media

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But to me there's so much more meaning behind a retweet or a favorite or even a mention than a blast email

I haven't tried engaging w Titleist but I think their social media presence has definitely been on the uptick. Think Cobra and TM have opportunities for growth that need to be exploited.

Back