But to me there's so much more meaning behind a retweet or a favorite or even a mention than a blast email
I was sort of being facetious. I agree there's no meaning behind mass emails. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think Callaway has to get the gold medal here, as they have paved the way for the additional engagement we're starting to see from more groups, and that's fantastic. PING is consistently one of the least engaging on social to me. Which is too bad because I love the brand. A week ago I'd have included Titleist right there, but I like what I'm seeing with the 718 release.

On the component side, I think UST Mamiya and Project X/True Temper are both great. They put interesting content/one off designs out there, and they are both EXTREMELY helpful answering questions asked to them on various platforms.

Best = Callaway
Good = Srixon/Cleveland, Wilson, Project X, UST Mamiya
Needs to Improve: Titleist, Taylormade

But to me there's so much more meaning behind a retweet or a favorite or even a mention than a blast email

And Abby has been very engaging in response to any of the acushnet brands as well as her personal account.

I hate that I've been so busy that not only do I barely have a free moment for THP, but I can't tell you the last time I even opened my Twitter app.

Which means, I'm missing gems like this:

This is ****ing brilliant engagement...haha

Hahaha.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not a big twitterer and don't even check any other social media. The only thing I care about on social is being able to reach a company for customer service issues and contests. The rest is all noise to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon ?
TaylorMade ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I see a lot from Srixon/Cleveland. I also see a bunch from the employees of Callaway but not so much from the Callaway company twitter page.

Callaway - runaway favorite. Srixon/Cleveland is clear second to me. Big time improvement over the last year. Clear number 2. 3....... open spot. Titleist has been better. Might stick them 3rd? Ping has improved as well. TM and Bstone are nowhere to be seen as others have mentioned.

Cleveland/Srixon and Callaway are right up at the top, as so many others have said. Some of it is the company's "official" message, but a lot of it is their employees being open and available on Twitter. Wilson/Staff is very close to them in both of those aspects.

Cobra's getting better, and I think SuperStroke is a great follow as well as far as interaction.

Then there's the middle grounds, like Titleist and Fujikura. Lots of talk and content about their stuff which is good, but I don't see interaction as much. Cure's an interesting case, they seem to like to respond to just about every tweet sent out by other big OEMs and the PGA Tour. Ping seems to be hot and cold - sometimes they post a lot of good stuff, then they're silent for a while.

Way down at the bottom is TaylorMade. Zero engagement from what I've seen.

Just threw it up on Twitter but my top 5 would be: Callaway, Cleveland, Srixon and Cobra.

Think a lot of this has to do with your definition of engagement. Callaway seems to have folks who make themselves available to everyone here and interact a bit more on a personal level. Same with Cleveland/Srixon (Eli/Noelle). I think Cobra and Wilson do a fantastic job of keeping a presence in the various outlets, maybe not AS much personal interaction as the others but I do see clubs daily or close to it from both.

Callaway is a given. Wilson Staff is really good at engaging. I like UST Mamiya and True Temper as well. Mizuno has zero engagement and would love to see more from Aldila.

Callaway and Bridgestone I see the most. Some Superstroke as well. Bridgestone I am seeing more and more lately.

I read it as social media, engagement i guess I dunno i corrected and added Wilson with my tweet Corey is fantastic and it was definite sleight nit including them here
Shame! Shame! Shame!

This is ****ing brilliant engagement...haha

Harry is f-ing hilarious. I love this stuff.

I recently started following AJ on instagram and commented on one of his photos and almost immediately got a response.

Callaway's people make you feel like you are part of their stable, and I like that about them.

I wish ping would get better at social media outreach. I love their brand, heritage, and quirkiness, and I think they could fully embrace that in social media.

I've learned that there is so much fantastic, hilarious, and fun content out there on social media if you have the time to search it out and engage in it but I honestly just get lost in it all. There's literally just way too much content out there for me to sift through so I stick to THP and hope that the best stuff from twitter/Instagram will make it's way to the forum.

I look at this a couple of different ways. There are companies that use social media for promotion and advertising. There are other companies that use social media for consumer interaction. The best do both.

I believe Taylormade and Titileist do the social media self promotion better than almost any others. It's a look at me approach but it gets attention. They also have so many staffers winning all the time, it becomes easy. Titleist has Bob Vokey chiming in, Scotty is always on SM, plus it seems every week they are congratulating another brand ambassador on a win. Taylormade is always calling out their driver count, showing off their staffers bags, etc. One of the coolest things TM did was the anatomy of their players bags before the Masters with all the clubs disassembled. These things are catchy.

From a consumer interaction standpoint, I would say Cleveland/Srixon is a winner here.

The company I think does a combination of both the best is Callaway. IMO, they aren't the best at either spectrum but when you combine their self promotion and consumer interaction, they win the overall prize.

I've had some nice interaction with Ping Tour and I am biased towards their clubs but they need more presence. Mizuno does an "under the radar" good job as well. Their #NothingFeelsLikeMizuno campaign has paid off and with Brooks winning, they are making the most of that.

THPers Sound Off

I see a lot of stuff from Srixon/Cleveland, Callaway and IMO kentwool does well too. Believe it or not Cut Golf does well too. Funny stuff on their Instagram.

TaylorMade used to do well but nothing they ever post catches my eye these days. Would like to see them step up some.

I think Callaway is leading the pack right now in social media followed closely by project x, Wilson and Cleveland. Although I have seen a lot out of Mizuno in the past few weeks for some reason. Haha

Srixon and cally are at the top to me.
UST does a good job as well

Callaway is always good
Cut is active and responds from time to time
SeeMore is pretty good
W/S has made huge improvements

Titliest and TM are lacking

Callaway and Srixon do well in my opinion.

Callway, Cleveland/Srixon, and Wilson seem to do the best in my opinion. Titleist and TaylorMade not so much....

Callaway leads the parade by a large margin. They did it right and it grew. A solid base that they added too. I feel other companies are just doing social media because they feel they are losing touch. And this is evident in their efforts. Callaway was proactive so it's very fluid and really right on time.

Back