The key here is "engagement." Callaway and Wilson actually engage with the consumer pretty well. I don't think I've ever sent a tweet that didn't get a response from these companies. And it's not a response from the 'generic' account, its a response from an actual person's account that works there. Srixon does as well, but twitter wouldn't let me list a third company with the character restriction. Titleist has been improving, no doubt. And Titleist is on social media (and I see a lot of them now). However, I don't see them interacting with the consumer as much. I'd like to see that improve. In fact, I think that could do wonders for their reputation of being "standoffish snobby" among OEMs out there. I think that would do wonders to "humanize" Titleist as a company.

~Rock

I just had an interesting DM exchange with VolvikUSA about my recent exchange (or lack there of) in social media interaction w/ them coming from my reply to JB's tweet.

I just had an interesting DM exchange with VolvikUSA about my recent exchange (or lack there of) in social media interaction w/ them coming from my reply to JB's tweet.
Interesting that it was in dm form

I'm a bit surprised by the folks saying Titleist doesn't do social media well. Look, I'm not a huge fan and I don't have a Titleit club or ball in my bag but they are very present on social media. Each wing has an account so Vokey, Cameron and Titleist all have separate accounts. Also, Titleist had the Team Titleist forums and community before any other manufacturer did this type of thing. I consider this a part of their social media. You can find archives of their forums dating back into the early 2000s. They also have Club Cameron and this generates tons of media for them. I may be looking at this wrong. I'm not much of an Instagram user but they are all over Twitter and Facebook. I don't see many companies using Snapchat much at the moment though.

Interesting that it was in dm form

Basically said he was a 1 man gang doing social media, sales and marketing and just didn't have the man power. Then I used JB's liner he used back to 59 belts that it only takes 30 minutes a day to respond to questions/requests/etc for smaller co's. Sounds like they are trying to just do enough to keep their heads above water in the Twitter world.

Basically said he was a 1 man gang doing social media, sales and marketing and just didn't have the man power. Then I used JB's liner he used back to 59 belts that it only takes 30 minutes a day to respond to questions/requests/etc for smaller co's. Sounds like they are trying to just do enough to keep their heads above water in the Twitter world.
Thanks for sharing that. I can see how it can really be a lot for the smaller companies.

I'm a bit surprised by the folks saying Titleist doesn't do social media well. Look, I'm not a huge fan and I don't have a Titleit club or ball in my bag but they are very present on social media. Each wing has an account so Vokey, Cameron and Titleist all have separate accounts. Also, Titleist had the Team Titleist forums and community before any other manufacturer did this type of thing. I consider this a part of their social media. You can find archives of their forums dating back into the early 2000s. They also have Club Cameron and this generates tons of media for them. I may be looking at this wrong. I'm not much of an Instagram user but they are all over Twitter and Facebook. I don't see many companies using Snapchat much at the moment though.

The question was about engagement however, not social. I think many believe for content, Titleist is doing really well. We have some great friends involved in making sure of it.
One of the things that is really cool during this is watching a number of the companies engage with THPers that answered the question.

Thanks for sharing that. I can see how it can really be a lot for the smaller companies.

Honestly, it depends how bad you want it.
One man bands can get a whole lot done if they choose to...

Honestly, it depends how bad you want it.
One man bands can get a whole lot done if they choose to...
Oh of course. Like you said, have to set aside the time for it.

The question was about engagement however, not social. I think many believe for content, Titleist is doing really well. We have some great friends involved in making sure of it.
One of the things that is really cool during this is watching a number of the companies engage with THPers that answered the question.

That's where I'm probably missing out. I should have answered the tweet. I'm not "active" on social media much myself. I use it more of a news feed and probably have a different perspective because of the way I personally use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway is by far the best at social media.

Who would I like to see get better? Taylormade

Saw this tweet from Eli This evening. Don't necessarily agree with his take but it's an interesting POV.

e6b0a90ed28a6ab2eb9f8b12e26d35e0.png

THPers Sound Off

Not a huge consumer of social media but I pay attention and getting more active with participation.

The top shelf includes Callaway, Srixon/Cleveland, UST and Wilson.

Most brands have embraced social media but the one that stands out to me is Callaway. Srixon/Cleveland, Wilson, Snell are also ones I see frequently.

Back