How far apart is your best game and your worst game?

This season on my home course the low round is 79 and the high round is 92. On "non-home" courses the low is 84 & the high is 105.

It's mostly about an inconsistent driver for me. On my home course I know where I can miss and manage it much better. On other courses the lack of familiarity leaves me more vulnerable to penalty shots and big numbers. I also tend to play higher end, tougher courses when playing away.

My spread is normally around 10 with an occasionally pushing 15 or so on the spread.

Depends on the course but if it's tight and my tee game is off it'll cost me every one of those strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guess you're not talking the distance between my ears on this one. But normally I'm +/- 4 of my handicap.

18 shots. From 80-98, at least so far in 2015

my scores have become much more consistent since I got a couple lessons and have focused on getting my swing right. High round for the year is 92, low is 82. I have gotten away from taken many if any max allowable scores (at my handicap a 7) so there isn't much on my card that isn't legit.

I am hoping to get the scores trending closer to that 82 and my "high" about 90.

What I have noticed for myself, the variation is really the course and more to the point the yardage played. When I play a shorter course (60-6200) I will usually be in the mid 80s. If I am playing 63-6500 I will be high 80s low 90s. Really that is the difference with a few hybrids/FWs instead of irons into greens.

I've got a pretty big window. I've shot as high as the low 100's this year, and as low as the low 80's. In past years I've shot high 70's, but it hasn't happened yet this year. For me it all comes down to the tee game. It has the ability to get really atrociously bad from time to time, and whether I can score at that point boils down to whether I can work a miracle. When it's good though, I can almost always make it to low 80's, usually threatening the 70's if I could make a putt.

As such, the tee game is an area of great focus for me this year. It used to be a strength but it became a point of concern late last year. It's crawling back now, and if I can get it locked down I will be in really good shape because my short game and putting are better than they've ever been in the past.

Current swing is at 19 strokes. Best score was posted on an easier course, rated 69/122. Worst score was posted on a course rated 73.3/136.

About 80% of my rounds fall in the 75 - 79 range. About 10% go 1 - 4 strokes lower and about 10% go 1 - 4 strokes higher.

Why does it take so long to get it back on track. The bad hole can not be played over. It's done and in the past. Focus on the shot at hand and close that gap.

That's an excellent question and I agree with you. I've always been hard on myself. I'm working on it though.

I can shot 80 one day and 90 the next. Health and age plays some issue for me.

I tend to be close when it comes to my best and worst. When I swinging well and healthy I know I will be with a few shots of either score and generally in the middle of the two. When I was injured I was all over the map but well above m usual high scores. Now that I am healthy I have been right were I expect to be.

I do not feel there should be a huge gap between the two. I feel you should be close to you high or low, some where in between. If there is a huge gap between the two, we may need to visit the old swing or head doctor. So what are you? Are you close, in the middle. Or are you all over the map and have no clue what you will shoot on a given day?
It's definitely in my head. On any given day I can easily play bogey golf or I will have 2-3+ holes during a round that I apparently forget how to swing a club (repeatedly topping/chunking, hitting well behind the ball)

so far my best is 108 and my worst is 153+ (stopped keeping score after 153) coincidentally those were my most recent round and my second round of this year.

For me it is all about how my drives go. Bad drives and I am guaranteed something in the low 90's. When it is working as it should I am in the 83-85 range. My short game and irons are almost always consistent, the driver on the other hand has a mind of its own.

My window is probably larger than most. I have a career best 73 and the next day I shot 86. I'm normally at around 79-82 but I would say my range is 75-85

Lol I got that beat
Best...78
Worst. ..103
That's this year

2 years ago I went 77/94 on back to back days

I've got a pretty big window. I've shot as high as the low 100's this year, and as low as the low 80's. In past years I've shot high 70's, but it hasn't happened yet this year. For me it all comes down to the tee game. It has the ability to get really atrociously bad from time to time, and whether I can score at that point boils down to whether I can work a miracle. When it's good though, I can almost always make it to low 80's, usually threatening the 70's if I could make a putt.

As such, the tee game is an area of great focus for me this year. It used to be a strength but it became a point of concern late last year. It's crawling back now, and if I can get it locked down I will be in really good shape because my short game and putting are better than they've ever been in the past.

I feel ya dude. When I get off the tee well I always think I should be in the 70's. I have been doing more practice than playing lately so I need it to translate to the course and I should be back on track.

My game has a lot of peaks and valleys.

When my game is on, it can be really good. When my game is off, avert your eyes.

I have a wide spread, and blow up holes have always been, and still are the main reason. The sad part is that I don't always have a consistent reason for the blow up holes, or the blow up scores. I'm pretty sure I'm in need of a golf whisperer more than anything at this point.

A best of 85, worst of 103. My usual is 94 +/- 2 strokes.

Jack

I am WAY far apart.....I can go out and break 80 and then turn around a week or so later and struggle to break 100.

Last Saturday in the 90's, then today I hit tons of greens and shot 79 on a much tougher course. When I play a ton on vacation or non-busy weeks together they start coming in around the same level, but with limited play time lately I can have drastically different rounds depending on how the game is ready that day.

75-85 is my range right now. Really disappointed with anything over an 80 right now. I feel like I'm playing that well.

My recent scores per GHIN range from 73 to 85. 9 rounds in the 70's and 11 rounds in the 80's. Not as consistent as I'd like but that's pretty much the way it is these days. I've had a couple rounds where my swing was off but the higher scores are mostly due mental errors/choices and lack of focus. I'm more consisten than last year but it's a work in progress! :rockon:

It's a big window. Never over 100 but close at the beginning of the season down to low 80's by summer. A lot has to do with the lay off for winter and early season conditions here.

I can go from shooting mid 70's to high 90's on the same course, so bloody miles. I don't necessarily want to get better, just more consistent.

Back