Ping Ditching Their "i" Series/Line?

I'll always have a soft spot for Ping. Can't wait until these are released to see how they are.

The Ping homer in me is itching to get a set of their irons back in my possession. I loved the i20s and wish I kept them, and the i25s didn't look like enough of an advancement to me, so I'm hoping these new eieio irons fit the bill.

I just hit the i25 4i, 7i, and W the other day (the guy who owns the course next to me has some and let me try them) on the range. They don't seem like a huge advancement, but they are definitely even better than the i20's. People thought the long irons were really good in the i20's.... Well they are noticeably better in the i25's. I've never elevated a long iron the way I did those. Every club flew even higher than the i20, from long to scoring irons, but in a much more flat path. Gradual rise and fall. Every club was also about 5-6 yards longer than the i20's. I didn't notice a difference in "feel", but then again, I haven't hit my old i20's in some time. I'd definitely suggest these. I'm going from the Callaway X-Forged to these as soon as I can, and I'm hitting my X-Forged really well. They are that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently end of July.

Apparently end of July.

I have a hard time believing they would be released this soon, especially since we haven't seen them hit andy tour bags yet.

I have a hard time believing they would be released this soon, especially since we haven't seen them hit andy tour bags yet.

Time will tell I guess. With all the fuss over the i-E1 irons, I'm really curious to see the new GMAX line.

I was thinking fall, but now I think earlier. Esp since you can't custom order i25 through places like global golf anymore.

I was thinking fall, but now I think earlier. Esp since you can't custom order i25 through places like global golf anymore.

The i25s were also in the closeout section at the store near me, and "in stock only".

The i25s were also in the closeout section at the store near me, and "in stock only".
Yup. Makes me think that the end of July is a possibility.

It will be interesting to see if they go with the Karsten/G30 length/loft progressions in the i series, or if they stick with more "traditional" lofts and lengths. That's the biggest question I have. This is a series of irons I pretty much lust after every iteration of, so I'm guessing I'll enjoy these when I try them at a demo day.

Yup. Makes me think that the end of July is a possibility.

You may be right.

I'm not really a huge fan of the way PING irons look to begin with, so after seeing that pic I'll give it a solid 'ok'. I do like the color scheme.

Really like the new look of these.

I love the color of the heads that ping puts out. Will be very eager to give these some swings when they are released.

was talking to my buddy that took over the range by my house. he said 7/15 for release date. he mentioned he had the chance to hit them when the rep was at the shop the other day and he likes them alot. will have to swing by their ping demo day in a few weeks

Apple isn't giving them trouble about the "i" in front of their club number are they?

Apple isn't giving them trouble about the "i" in front of their club number are they?
Still using the i, just not with woods since they have 3 different g options which have basically absorbed the i's.

I believe Ping have been using the "i" much longer than apple.

I'm not really a huge fan of the way PING irons look to begin with, so after seeing that pic I'll give it a solid 'ok'. I do like the color scheme.

I would say the S55s are one of the sexiest irons in the market at the minute IMO

I really like the looks of these, can't wait to give them a shot

I believe Ping have been using the "i" much longer than apple.

If you don't count "eye", I think Apple has Ping beat by a couple years. The iMac came out in 1998, and the i3s were a 2000ish club, IIRC.

Back