Golfing alone - boring or fun?

It's relaxing and fun. For eight bucks how can you go wrong. If your bored after nine your not missing out if you walk away. Who knows maybe you'll really like it.

It doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy it sometimes, especially when no one is in front of you.

Well, I booked it thanks to your guys' feedback. Hopefully it'll be a good time!

I think its peaceful.

I agree. I play 99% with someone, but I don't mind the all alone round now and then. Just me, the course and nature is good at times.

I love playing alone, always will. I can get lost in my game, listen to music and take chances I might not always take. It helps me.learn my game.

Playing with people requires and investment that I love making but it takes away from the 'you' factor.

I love playing alone, always will. I can get lost in my game, listen to music and take chances I might not always take. It helps me.learn my game.

Playing with people requires and investment that I love making but it takes away from the 'you' factor.
I second all of this. Exactly how I think about it.

I usually love.olaying alone, but today stunk. I was in a bit of a hurry and just didn't feel right. Some of my best rounds have been played alone in the evening, though.

Very boring really and did this my first rounds of the season. Golf is social for me and I just enjoy meeting new or old friends on the courses. Except if someone tells me they are online golfers, than I will prefer to play single instead of wondering what their screen name is online :beat-up:
Didnt you and someone just post in the region thread about a "random" meeting last week tho? He said you shot even par with your wooden driver remember?

That was fun meeting a online guy from this site. I attended an teaching seminar from online about 5 years ago. Before that was a online group meeting which was a disaster beyond disaster

good here ; other place was awful

I find it very peaceful and relaxing. Playing with friends and getting grouped up with strangers is fun too but playing alone is great too.

I play alone 10-20% of the time and don't mind it at all. Usually very peaceful and can play through quickly as well. I wouldn't want to do it all the time but golfing>not golfing

didn't read the whole thread (forgive me for that) but I don't care for playing alone. I'd rather have good company and I also have a huge problem when alone. I cant find my balls for anything. terrible at it and lose balls in the friggin wide open areas. I get aggravated with that part and it ruins my good time.

I like to walk a local nine hole course by myself sometimes. It gives me a chance to practice. Otherwise I would rather have friends with me on the course. I really enjoy the camaraderie and banter.

I cherish rounds to myself. They're peaceful, relaxing, the competitive edge is gone, I can take my time (especially on the greens). I typically play some of my best golf when playing alone.

I'll play alone of I'm on the course during the week. It's very "zen" and peaceful. Plus, I'll stop at a hole or two practice a bunch of shots around the greens or play another ball with a different club.

Sent from iPhone+Tapatalk

I enjoy playing alone when I can. Usually doesn't happen often. Came close to a hole In one once. Luckily it was early morning and the greens person was getting ready to change out the cup, so he would have been witness if it went in.

Question for you solo guys: Ever play 2 balls and keep 2 scores for an entire round when it's not crowded?

Course was empty today, so it will likely be tomorrow. I might give it a shot.

Question for you solo guys: Ever play 2 balls and keep 2 scores for an entire round when it's not crowded?

Course was empty today, so it will likely be tomorrow. I might give it a shot.
Yes, all the time

I play alone alot during the week. Enjoy it very much.

Boring...I'm a man of the people

I play alone once in awhile and never find it boring. It is kind of peaceful with no conversation other than the few voices in my head.
It's a good time to work on different shots for me in a playing mode rather than on the range.
I prefer to play golf with others, but the loner rounds are a good change of pace.

I enjoy it sometimes and with THP I feel like I always have golfing buddies. If the wife say I can go play golf, I go no matter if I play alone or with others.

one of my favorite things in the whole world. it's peaceful, you can be as disconnected as you want to be, you can do everything on your own pace. my only complaint is that it's over far too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pros/Cons?
I play alone all the time. There is something to be said about being alone with your thoughts. When I work and am at home, there is no time to simply just slow down and relax. Being out on an empty course allows me to do just that. Boring? Never. Relaxing? Definitely.

I can see it being a problem for some extroverts, but that's not me.

Back