Course Management

Asden105

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually leave myself in poor position to get up and down. Normally, when I end up getting up and down, it's when I leave myself in good position to do so.

My course management is terrible, I leave myself in bad positions off the tee when I mishit, and off my second shots.

How can I think my way around the course? Where should I leave myself to have a better chance of making scoring easier?

Tommy Armour talked about in his book about how he took someone with a 90's average game, and with simple course management, the guy shot 79 first time out with Tommy's guidance. He really doesn't go into detail as to how to manage the course, but that intrigued me. I'm a mid 80's shooter, a great ball striker, have great touch around the greens, but always seem to leave myself in a bad enough position I make bogey more often than not. When I really play bad I make two doubles a round just because my positioning was terrible.

Any way to manage my way around the course better?

I usually leave myself in poor position to get up and down. Normally, when I end up getting up and down, it's when I leave myself in good position to do so.

My course management is terrible, I leave myself in bad positions off the tee when I mishit, and off my second shots.

How can I think my way around the course? Where should I leave myself to have a better chance of making scoring easier?

Tommy Armour talked about in his book about how he took someone with a 90's average game, and with simple course management, the guy shot 79 first time out with Tommy's guidance. He really doesn't go into detail as to how to manage the course, but that intrigued me. I'm a mid 80's shooter, a great ball striker, have great touch around the greens, but always seem to leave myself in a bad enough position I make bogey more often than not. When I really play bad I make two doubles a round just because my positioning was terrible.

Any way to manage my way around the course better?

None of this makes a bit of sense. How are you a good ball striker and great touch around the greens and make bogies. I would suggest have realistic views of your game and expectations that fit.

Course management is about playing to your strengths. If you're a good ball striker, make sure you're a distance from the green to take advantage of this great ball striking. And if you do miss the green make sure it's. or short sided so you can put that touch around the greens to good use.

Back