Best Cell Phone Camera

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The camera on my G3 was amazing, so I am not surprised about the results of the G4.

I am hoping the rumors on the iPhone 7 (not 6S) are true and Apple has true DSLR quality imaging coming.

I'd take higher end Nokia's over any of them (especially Lumia 1020)...but guess they limiting to Android and iOS. Not suprised at all to see the iPhone be in the bottom half of the pile though. Underwhelmed with my iPhone6 camera.

The camera on my G3 was amazing, so I am not surprised about the results of the G4.

I am hoping the rumors on the iPhone 7 (not 6S) are true and Apple has true DSLR quality imaging coming.

I'm on the "S" cycle for getting phones, but if that rumor ends up turning out to be true, I will be getting the 7.

I'd take higher end Nokia's over any of them (especially Lumia 1020)...but guess they limiting to Android and iOS. Not suprised at all to see the iPhone be in the bottom half of the pile though. Underwhelmed with my iPhone6 camera.

When people are doing PC tests they don't include Linux for the same reason. No market share = no coverage.

I have the Sony Xperia Z3. The camera is awfully awesome. I'm sad it's not on the list.

• Admin

Cant happen. Certainly can make a good camera, and software to get it done, but size restraints make that truly impossible to fit mirrors. The video camera on the 6+ with stabilization is solid.

Cant happen. Certainly can make a good camera, and software to get it done, but size restraints make that truly impossible to fit mirrors. The video camera on the 6+ with stabilization is solid.

Maybe not traditional DSLR imaging, but something that can emulate the performance I am assuming.

https://medium.com/@mattsayward/whatever-happened-with-apple-s-primesense-acquisition-bb7dd950d911

Yeah, I'd imagine this would be closer to something like a mirrorless system w/ a prime lens. Either way, I'm intrigued to see how imaging moves forward on that platform - there's been a big push in terms of advertising video and photos with the "shot on iPhone" campaigns.

When people are doing PC tests they don't include Linux for the same reason. No market share = no coverage.

I don't really see them as comparable examples...if you are just judging cell phones for camera quality, the OS is pretty irrelevant. They all use the same cell towers, so as phones they all function the same. In the Linux/Windows comparison, when you have something they could both perform the same in natively, you do see comparisons quite often. Put another way, if you just wanted a phone with a good camera, then what does the OS matter? If you want a good camera and a lot of fart apps...then yes, market share is relevant.

ADORE my Note 4 camera, not surprised to see it mentioned.

I don't really see them as comparable examples...if you are just judging cell phones for camera quality, the OS is pretty irrelevant. They all use the same cell towers, so as phones they all function the same. In the Linux/Windows comparison, when you have something they could both perform the same in natively, you do see comparisons quite often. Put another way, if you just wanted a phone with a good camera, then what does the OS matter? If you want a good camera and a lot of fart apps...then yes, market share is relevant.

Because tech articles are about generating clicks from ad revenue. No one is reading articles about OS's with less the 3% market share.

Sony Xperia. All of the photo editing tools that it gives you puts it at the top for me. People tell me all the time how much they love my phone and how they didnt know Sony made cell phones. Yes, its awesome. Yes, Sony makes phones.

I'm amazed at the quality of photos on my S6, clarity, detail and color are all excellent!

Xperia wont shoot raw however.

Because tech articles are about generating clicks from ad revenue. No one is reading articles about OS's with less the 3% market share.

I apologize if I'm derailing the thread, but under the same logic, we should never see golf websites do reviews or shootouts of any golf OEM's who have less than 3% of the market share? If you're in a specific market, in this case phones with cameras, I fail to see what market share has to do with it. In fact, a large majority of windows phone users I have met did so specifically because of the Lumia camera quality.

They took the best selling phones and compared cameras. Nothing more and nothing less. My goodness.

I'm amazed at the quality of photos on my S6, clarity, detail and color are all excellent!
That's good to hear...Might be my next phone

The camera on my Lumia Icon is amazing. Like the rest of the high end lumia line it takes two pictures (one a high res version) and has a ton of options when taking a picture.

Wouldn't matter which phone you give me, if I take a pic it's gonna suck, camera's & me just don't get along

Honestly all camera phones are soooo good now I can't tell the difference!

Wish the Iphone 5 took better quality photos, as I am a photo geek its rough on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly all camera phones are soooo good now I can't tell the difference!

Guessing you didnt click the link? The reason I say that is that was the point of the article, they show the pictures of items side by side and there are definitely major differences.

Good stuff. Having just picked up a G3 I hope it is as close to the G4 as possible. It got a lot of really good YouTube reviews. I hadn't taken a pictoee yet with it. Gotta practice up before next week!!

Back