KPMG Women's PGA Championship

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
It's the second major on the LPGA Tour and Brooke Henderson is defending the title she won last year.

TV Times (all times Eastern):

06/29 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. (Golf Channel) Replay at 7:30
06/30 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. (Golf Channel) Replay at 7:30
07/01 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. (NBC)
07/02 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. (NBC)

Wie has been playing great the last few weeks, id like to see her win again.

It's the second major on the LPGA Tour and Brooke Henderson is defending the title she won last year.

TV Times:

06/29 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. (Golf Channel)
06/30 12:30 - 3:30 p.m. (Golf Channel)
07/01 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. (NBC)
07/02 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. (NBC)

Glad to see it's getting some network coverage even though it will be competing with the Quicken Loans. I'll probably be flipping back and forth.

They had a Flop Wall Challenge before the tournament, and not surprisingly, Gerina Piller of Big Break had the closest shot.

They also had a shot from the Grandstand that Stacy Lewis had the closest shot, Charley Hull of Europe was closest in the Bunker Challenge.

The pre event stuff they did with Phil was very cool, loved watching them all break the glass!

I didn't realize Brooke Henderson even choked down on her putter.

I didn't realize Brooke Henderson even choked down on her putter.
I saw the other day that she's playing a 48" driver. 48…does she choke up on that?

I saw the other day that she's playing a 48" driver. 48…does she choke up on that?

Yeah, probably a good few inches. Still, probably playing at 45.5-46.

Yep and she gained 25yards with driver after the switch

It seems a bunch of the girls play really long drivers, but I can never tell for sure if it is actually really long or they are just short. If you can still hit the center of the face then no reason not to take those extra yards.

Up until yesterday's 70, how many rounds in a row was Wie in the 60s. It has to be close to the longest of her career.

Up until yesterday's 70, how many rounds in a row was Wie in the 60s. It has to be close to the longest of her career.

She has been playing some good golf despite putting woes and/or what seems like changing putting grip every tournament. Her being healthy lets us see what the potential everyone talked about when she was coming on the scene as a teen

I thought i remember them saying something like 8? Definitely been playing much better recently which is nice to see.

interesting seeing Wie using the Toulon Indianapolis

Good to see Bam Bam up on the leaderboard this week. she is still my favorite of all the GG interviews.

Did they really need to put a PIP of Tom Abbott talking? I mean he wasn't doing anything other than commentating. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend.

Never heard of Kim Kauffman who is having a very good week. She is very untan.

Head scratchers after three rounds...
Lydia Ko +1
Paula Creamer +6
Ariya Jutanugarn MC

Go Gerina!

Head scratchers after three rounds...
Lydia Ko +1
Paula Creamer +6
Ariya Jutanugarn MC

Ko has been struggling on the greens and not scoring.

Creamer hasn't really been playing well for awhile so I'm not surprised when she shoots higher scores.

Jutanugarn is the interesting one because she doesn't play driver and is long but she has had times where accuracy is an issue. This is her first missed cut in about a calendar year iirc

Ko has been struggling on the greens and not scoring.

Creamer hasn't really been playing well for awhile so I'm not surprised when she shoots higher scores.

Jutanugarn is the interesting one because she doesn't play driver and is long but she has had times where accuracy is an issue. This is her first missed cut in about a calendar year iirc

Not sure how much you watched yesterday, but it wasn't Ko's putting that really did her in. She missed WAY too may greens, threw an iron in frustration too.
She is also shorter off the tee than she has been in a while, averaging about 215 this week according to the broadcast yesterday compared to the near 240+ normally. Part of that is because when she has missed (which is rare for her) its bad.

Then add they were speaking about her wedge play, because it has somethig that has been pretty darn good over her career, but she continues to struggle with that part of the game, including bunkers where she really struggled yesterday.

Not sure how much you watched yesterday, but it wasn't Ko's putting that really did her in. She missed WAY too may greens, threw an iron in frustration too.
She is also shorter off the tee than she has been in a while, averaging about 215 this week according to the broadcast yesterday compared to the near 240+ normally. Part of that is because when she has missed (which is rare for her) its bad.

Then add they were speaking about her wedge play, because it has somethig that has been pretty darn good over her career, but she continues to struggle with that part of the game, including bunkers where she really struggled yesterday.

I didn't get to see much of yesterday's round when no was playing. The first two days I think was similar with missing greens but looked like her putting was off the first two days.

I didn't realize she was that short off the tee but from some of the rounds I've watched I did notice her wedge game wasn't near what we have seen from her. Crazy that she has had some top 10 finishes lately with where her game has been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get to see much of yesterday's round when no was playing. The first two days I think was similar with missing greens but looked like her putting was off the first two days.

I didn't realize she was that short off the tee but from some of the rounds I've watched I did notice her wedge game wasn't near what we have seen from her. Crazy that she has had some top 10 finishes lately with where her game has been

It will be very interesting to see if it turns around, or if she ends up like many of the other dominants for a few years and then fade back. The LPGA is rather interesting that way.

It will be very interesting to see if it turns around, or if she ends up like many of the other dominants for a few years and then fade back. The LPGA is rather interesting that way.

That is definitely a trend on the LPGA. 2-3 years seems to be the run for most now. Makes it fun in a way to see new domination for a bit then have someone else do it. I think if lexi can ever figure out a way to improve on the greens she could have a Lorena Ochoa type career. Time will tell but I think Henderson can be that type of player. I though Ha NA Jang was going to be the next dominant Asian to rattle off a good 2-3 years and was surprised when she decided to quit the tour to go back and play the Korean tour

I do miss the dominant runs that we saw from Ochoa, Annika, Webb.

Back