What is This Really For?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a question we get a lot, and figured what better way to answer it, than go right to the source and have it explained. While many assume it is strictly for versatility when opening up the wedge, there is another reason and in this THP TV spot, Jose Miraflor explains it.

makes a lot of sense! Thanks THP and Jose

The scallop makes perfect sense now thanks to Jose.

Since, 1997 with the original trusty rusty, that's crazy, 20 years of the same consistent tech.

The lower leading edge and the versatility around the green, makes sense and explains why they've helped me.

The Jos and Yag videos are fantastic!

Interesting. I had heard some of the talk about versatility, but never really knew about the scalloping's relationship to the leading edge. Cool design feature.

I could sit here and say I knew that but I totally did not. Jose did a good job of explaining that. I Actually thought it was more of a signature cobra aesthetic thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so interesting how creatively this team thinks in implementing minor changes that yield major benefits. I honestly thought the scallop was more for aesthetic appeal, but after listening to Jose, it makes perfect sense. Some of the Granddaddy alumni have talked about Roger Cleveland's focus on "using the bounce". I think this puts that front and center. Great Quick Tech episode!

I, too, was curious about the scallop...now I know; thanks!

Very cool and I had no idea of the scallop's purpose. A really great video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learn something everyday on THP! good stuff

Nice simple explanation. I have to say, if there is one area THP has improved my golf knowledge the most, it has to be in wedge design and functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Great explanation! These wedges are the first wedges to really peak my interest in a long time

Interesting. Definitely did not know that. Have never tried a Cobra wedge, I might have to give this one a shot.

Hah.. pretty cool little piece of info.

Great info! Heck...I didn't even remember it was called a scallop. #themoreyouknow

Interesting. I would have thought it was a weight re-distribution thing, but this explanation makes a lot of sense.

I knew it but only because I'd bought the original Trusty Rusties shortly after they first came out and had read up about them then. It was actually the selling point that inspired me to take the leap.

Played them and the more recent release for years and years.

Good info, I had no clue.

Great info! Loved the trusty rusty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes a ton of sense and I like the easy to understand explanation

Huh, that makes sense. Now it'd be interesting to hear from companies that don't have a similar feature why they don't.

Great, east to understand explanation by Jose. It was a pleasure to get to hear him talk about these types of things at the MC. Super thankful to THP for these quick hits of info.

some good info from Jose. I just like how that part looks, and have since I had the Trusty Rusty wedges. But there is certainly a performance aspect of it that many probably look past or didn't understand.

I really had no idea, makes total sense. I originally thought it had something to do with weight distribution or something along those lines.

Did not know that. Pretty simple tech that makes sense

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back