What inspires you to TRY a new club series?

What inspires you to TRY a new club series?

• Internet/forum member reviews

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Major golf magazine reviews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Television Advertising

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tour Pro use

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Name brand loyalty

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
With the golf season in full swing and new golf gear entering the market at an amazing rate, what inspires you to TRY a new club or set of clubs? I didn't say what inspires you to BUY because for most of us that's totally different.

There has to be something in particular that gets your juices flowing. Now if your clubs are old that certainly is a reason, but go a step further for this poll and tell us why you choose to test out particular brands.

Make sure you vote!

hit em long and straight,

Ken

Last edited:
Lots of pages in a THP preview or review thread

THP information and feedback.

Reviews are a big part of it for me. And honestly being selected to participate in big events Grandaddy and Legacy have opened doors that I had never given much thought to. Especially Legacy and Wilson Staff.

Reviews. I research everything to death! It's a sickness. :D

Anything worth trying will have already been reviewed on THP, often before the release date. My interest in new equipment is usually spurred by such reviews.

Reviews from here and curiosity.

If a club is just beautiful to look at, I want to try it. Ugly clubs are a no-go for me for the most part.

Not proud of it, but it's how I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews and info on THP. Also an occasional club that catches my fancy, then I come back here to get the 411. lol

Multi manufacturer demo days. It's the only way to compare club a to club b apples to apples and make the best educated decision. They are the single most impressive golf functions that I have ever seen to maximize the golfer getting the best equipment for their game.

I went thru the reviews here for a driver in my head, swung it on sim in big box store, THEN sale this weekend is $100 off plus I got a $250 gift card, pulling the trigger Sat am.

I went thru the reviews here for a driver in my head, swung it on sim in big box store, THEN sale this weekend is $100 off plus I got a $250 gift card, pulling the trigger Sat am.
Nice! What are you picking up?

BBA 815 10.5 with Adilla Rouge 60 stiff

Reviews and feedback from thpers...and of course new bright shiny things always get the attention

THP reviews are the main thing and well, shiny.

THP reviews or THP in hand club testing whether at an event for that like Bstone U or at the range trying everyones clubs. I dont think there is a single club that I bought since I joined that I didnt read about on here first.

THP Reviews/information and feedback, is a great starting point. Followed by a demo evening if/when possible and/or a session with a simulator.

Multi manufacturer demo days. It's the only way to compare club a to club b apples to apples and make the best educated decision. They are the single most impressive golf functions that I have ever seen to maximize the golfer getting the best equipment for their game.

Well outside of THP Events of course...And in that case, the ability goes much much further.

THP reviews.

Performance and looks for me, along with THP reviews spike my interest.

Knowledge gained and informative reviews found right here on THP. Prior to becoming active on THP, I had a Callaway phobia. Now they make the top end of my bag. The new iron set (Srixon Z545) would have likely been Mizuno JPX-850 Forged had it not been for the feedback from Morgan Cup participants. And the vast information on THP regarding SeeMore putters is what encouraged me to try the brand and really what brought me here for good.

There are so many previously unavailable sources of information today. When I was getting back into the game after a decade off I quickly found that I should begin to replace my c.2002 equipment.

The internet and forums (such as THP) seemed to have an infinite source of information. When purchasing clubs before one had to depend on magazines and salespeople. Today I can connect with independent testers and ordinary players who have been using the equipment.

Marketing might pique my interest but the biggest single thing that gets me to try a club is reading here on THP about it in Review threads.

THP influences each and every one of my golf decisions!

Back