Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Cant believe in just 3 weeks I will be there looking back on my first practice round preparing for this amazing weekend. So excited and yet a little nervous for it.

Getting together with my dad and brother this weekend. We've got 54 holes lined up Saturday and Sunday. Should be a good little test.

I feel like I am stumbling across the finish line. A lot of life stuff getting in the way, and my wife sort of dropped the hater foot when I shared my plans for final preparation with her. My chipping is back to being questionable.

I feel like I am stumbling across the finish line. A lot of life stuff getting in the way, and my wife sort of dropped the hater foot when I shared my plans for final preparation with her. My chipping is back to being questionable.
If you want some match play practice we can work something out for the AM practice round in KC. We'll make sure your game is in tip top shape!

Im pretty sure I owe my wife another vacation this year. She has "tolerated" the amount of time ive been gone this year for golf, but i know it has taken a toll on her.

Excited to hear one of the sponsors will be delivering our equipment very soon.

It almost doesnt seem real, but it is so close now. Does everyone have it in them to finish out this home stretch? Leave nothing on the table, finish strong, no regrets.

~Rock

My wife has been so amazing about the whole thing and she is probably within her rights to be a tad upset. I've tried to keep my golfing in check and only play/practice at the most convenient times for her but I'm sure I've gotten carried away a few times.

Either way she's incredible and I couldn't be here trying to make my Legacy without her and her constant support.

My wife has been so amazing about the whole thing and she is probably within her rights to be a tad upset. I've tried to keep my golfing in check and only play/practice at the most convenient times for her but I'm sure I've gotten carried away a few times.

Either way she's incredible and I couldn't be here trying to make my Legacy without her and her constant support.
My wife has been pretty good about it. I signed up for KC before I knew I was in Legacy, so Legacy will be my 3rd THP event in a 2 month period and 4th out of town golf trip in that time. She supports me trying to put in the work, but I can tell it's grinding on her. 4th of July weekend seems like a great chance for me to get in 54 holes, but I fear I have pushed the line a bit too far lately.

I felt like I was ready last Saturday, when I had my best round ever (though we rolled the ball in the fairway and gave one another gimmes). However, my 7 hole run the other day made everything feel foreign. Maybe my wife is right. Not playing all the time could be good for me.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

My wife was not thrilled at all when I first told her about it. She has come around or I have just annoyed her enough where she wants to get rid of me for a long weekend. It helps that I take care of our little girl all summer long so I am putting some deposits in the bank.

I've got a match scheduled with #Cookie on Sunday morning.

Nice, will be a nice test to see where you're at.
I took that test a few weeks ago and failed miserably, but I've gotten better at the mental aspect. It was one of my big learning experiences.

#Cookie is a great guy to play with though, he's willing to help out and gives great advice, but he's also willing to stomp you into the dirt if you don't bring your A+ game. :beat-up: :act-up:

Hey Guys, after today we are only three weeks from Legacy!!

My plane touches down in 2 weeks & 4 days. Woot!

Playing 18 tomorrow. I know that it won't count towards my handicap for Legacy but as I have stated I have been playing some of the best golf of my life. I just want to continue to go out there and shoot low. We are so close to Legacy but the grind will continue.

... We are so close to Legacy but the grind will continue.

This is the truth, CJ. I played 18 this morning and pretty well, though missed some putts. Cap is what the cap is; still need to seek some better performance to hopefully be even more ready for MB.

I played a new-to-me track the other day and carded a round in the 70's, and followed that up today with 3 nines of 44/42/40 on another new-to-me course. Today's course was as tough a putting challenge as I've ever seen...reading the greens was next to impossible and then navigating the swails and slopes on the greens was a guessing game.

Played with Jed today. Pretty happy for the most part with how we play together.

I'm not sure this has been covered, but will there be video at this years event? Maybe something different? I know there will be a live update thread.

Going to be a great event! Can't wait to follow along!

How did this match end up?

Greggdrews played well most of the day and no doubt he helped win many of the holes on the front 9 and the back 9 might have been a push with him and Pete playing well.

gregg definitely passed the test

Back