What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom your game is coming along well my man. Hope we can tee it up in the future
Thanks, appreciate it and I hope we can too. Slowly but surely my game is coming along. Playing two to three times a week has certainly helped (so have the lessons)!

didn't my a game today. 43-47. really lost concentration on the back. good warm-up, then got to #1 and posted an 8 on an easy par 5, NOT counting my OB breakfast ball! putted very well, but wasn't close enough for many realistic chances at birdie. I put an a.x.e tour sl shaft into my r1 for today's round, and it's coming out ASAP. not for me, which is odd given that I'm having success with the fw version in my 3w. still had fun, but was frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out for 9 right after a good downpour this morning and played well.

Put up a 41 (1 birdie, 4 pars, 2 bogeys, and 2 doubles). I lipped out my par putt on number 9 for what would have been a new PB for 9.

Hopefully I continue playing well for my round tomorrow.

42 with 15 putts GIR 4

41/38 hit 65% FIR and 55% GIR. Just finished up another 9 and shot a 39. Things are starting to click.

A questionable 47 and a 42 for an 89... Took a couple mulligans on the front, so I'm not counting it for real though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not that anybody who I played with last weekend will believe this, but I put up a 76 today at Rutgers. New PB by 3 strokes!! :banana:

GHIN said that my score was outside of my usual range (thanks for calling me a cheater again). Tee shots on #4 and #18 were far enough into the adjacent fairways that I had room to hit 5i over the trees back to the right hole.

rutgers%20070215_zpsqgwnha3y.jpg

39 on the front at my home course with the wife. Awesome time. 1 double cost me my best round of the year so far.

Not that anybody who I played with last weekend will believe this, but I put up a 76 today at Rutgers. New PB by 3 strokes!! :banana:

GHIN said that my score was outside of my usual range (thanks for calling me a cheater again). Tee shots on #4 and #18 were far enough into the adjacent fairways that I had room to hit 5i over the trees back to the right hole.

rutgers%20070215_zpsqgwnha3y.jpg

Congrats!!

41/41 for 82 at The Frog. Will ESC to 81. This was a league match and I should have jumped early for a big league but kept making mistakes when I had huge openings to put holes away. Felt like I was playing worse than I did just because of so many bogies. Did not putt well, but no 3 putts. Only one blow up hole, without that I would have been sub-80. Ended up winning the match 1 and 0.

9 FWY, 8 GIR, 33 putts ( no 3-putts), 2 penalties
1 birdie, 8 pars, 8 bogies, 1 triple

42/43 - 85

44/43-87. Started off par, birdie then went downhill from there. I've been a little under the weather lately and felt exhausted walking up #3. It was really strange but it felt like I had walked a full 18 and I was only on 3. It was a struggle but made it through. Had a couple big numbers but for the most part played bogey golf (went 9 straight holes with a bogey). Seemed every hole I would have one bad shot that would set me back.

Today was a tale of 2 rounds. Played both courses at World Woods. First we played Rolling Oaks and I played horribly and shot a 48/45 93. We then stopped and had lunch and I had what must of been magic chicken wings. We then went out on the Pine Barrens course and I shot a 41/39 80. What a great course though. It's a far ride for me but it was soooooooooo worth it.

Only nine holes this evening and it wasn't good.......46

Went out tonight and played my harder course 71.6/133 slope (Lick Creek) Shot 46/40-86 Had 39 putts. 8/14 FIR... I was doing alot of scrambling tonight and man I couldn't get putts to fall. Had some great shots into the greens but couldn't dunk that ball.. Happy though i shot in the 80's for that course though.

41 on the back nine before league and 40 on the front. Triple boogie on the 5th after going ob. I didn't let that bad hole ruin the round that's what I'm happiest about

Fyre Lake in Sherrard, Illinois (Brown tees)

A very disappointing 43/45=88 with 1 birdie, 8 pars, 3 bogeys and 3 holes that simply destroyed me. I was a combined 11 over on 3, 11 and 15 with 15 being the only hole that I completely lost my swing on by fatting my second into the water short, then blading my 4th over the green into the water long. The other two I actually hit the ball in center of the club face, I just made compounded directional mistakes (into the water) that added up quickly.

sQ1kGIT.png

The course is still in pretty average condition (understandable). The sand they are using in the bunkers was very dense, but the ball seemed to want to settle down into it just enough that making clean contact from a fairway bunker was very difficult. Still, I enjoy the layout of this course and I feel that my contact and timing were pretty solid today. 88 not withstanding. If I had to find a silver lining it would be that I was even on the par 3's and -1 on the par 5's. :)

Last edited:
Played 9 this evening before the thunder and lightning ran us off the course. Had one of the best tee shot and approach shot ball striking rounds I've had in a while. Shot a +2, 38. Bogeys on 1 and 9 that were kinda dumb on my part. Skulled a wedge over the green on 1 and didn't get up and down. Piped a 3 wood on 9 right down the middle then hit my wedge a little long and misread the chutt and didn't get up and down. Short game, short game, short game. Those bogeys combined with a 3 putt on a par 5 after getting on in 2 were the only bad shots of the round. Hard to complain about striking the ball the way I did tonight though.

76 today, another even par frint follow by a lack luster back 9

Good to see you went there and played. Don't be mad with that 88 man, that's still a good score. It's not like Coers shot lower than you today lol...But hey man keep up the good golf and you'll see less of those blow up holes. I just gotta make my flat stick work. Almost have my strokes tonight were putts.
Fyre Lake in Sherrard, Illinois (Brown tees)

A very disappointing 43/45=88 with 1 birdie, 8 pars, 3 bogeys and 3 holes that simply destroyed me. I was a combined 11 over on 3, 11 and 15 with 15 being the only hole that I completely lost my swing on by fatting my second into the water short, then blading my 4th over the green into the water long. The other two I actually hit the ball in center of the club face, I just made compounded directional mistakes (into the water) that added up quickly.

sQ1kGIT.png

The course is still in pretty average condition (understandable). The sand they are using in the bunkers was very dense, but the ball seemed to want to settle down into it just enough that making clean contact from a fairway bunker was very difficult. Still, I enjoy the layout of this course and I feel like I hit the ball pretty well today. 88 not withstanding. If I had to find a silver lining it would be that I was even on the par 3's and -1 on the par 5's. :)

Yeah, you beat the old man today. Rub it in. :beat-up: Solid playing there at Lick. My golf has always involved blow-up holes. Don't know why I let it happen. But generally in the majority of my rounds there are at least one or two. Guess I'm more comfortable shooting in the 80's than I am in the 70's. The sad thing is, looking back up the fairway from the green to the tees on these holes I'm saying how in the H377 could anybody take a 7 or 8 shots to get from there to here? Whereas on the tee or fairway looking at the green I'm thinking, wow don't hit it there, or there. Guess where I hit it? You'd think I could learn something from that.

Good to see you went there and played. Don't be mad with that 88 man, that's still a good score. It's not like Coers shot lower than you today lol...But hey man keep up the good golf and you'll see less of those blow up holes. I just gotta make my flat stick work. Almost have my strokes tonight were putts.

Yeah, you beat the old man today. Rub it in. :act-up: Solid playing there at Lick. My golf has always involved blow-up holes. Don't know why I let it happen. But generally in the majority of my rounds there are at least one or two. Guess I'm more comfortable shooting in the 80's than I am in the 70's. The sad thing is, looking back up the fairway from the green to the tees on these holes I'm saying how in the H377 could anybody take a 7 or 8 shots to get from there to here? Whereas on the tee or fairway looking at the green I'm thinking, wow don't hit it there, or there. Guess where I hit it? You'd think I could learn something from that.
Thanks man. I know when I shoot that low there I'm playing well. But hey man I do the same thing on the course. Had a great drive great shot into the green then three putt. But I had a lot of great shots to. Saw some good things and gonna try to do the same next time out.

What did you shoot today?

83. 45/38 (back 9 first). Greens were faster than a cheetah on fire while being chase by a leopard. Just couldn't roll it close on lags and pitches.

36/39 75. Started to play well and tuesday and everything just clicked today. Felt completely comfortable and confident over the ball and it resulted in a ton of fw's and greens. I was automatic with the putter from inside 8 ft. It was just a really fun round and hopefully I can keep playing well.

36/39 75. Started to play well and tuesday and everything just clicked today. Felt completely comfortable and confident over the ball and it resulted in a ton of fw's and greens. I was automatic with the putter from inside 8 ft. It was just a really fun round and hopefully I can keep playing well.
Hell yeah buddy! Nice round!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back