How Electronics has helped your Golf Game.

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Stopped to think on how a couple of electronic instruments have helped my golf game.

1. The ShotScope that I won on THP last fall has been really important on telling me my club distances. By monitoring all of my shots, it has given me a graph on what I can expect to hit my clubs
f777d19c33d08a345828f0f6b0fb125a.jpg

2. My Leupold GX-2i3 Rangefinder is amazing.
c636cd038d93589a70fff9b6dbaed50e.jpg

With Its True Golf Range (TGR) :
003093d169d03aac5ab74d5c3f4cc685.png

and Club Selection mode:
a1a93a19c2b7c27a217e4ea530f41b08.png

If I just trust the club it tells me to use and not overthinking it, I'm playing better golf.

Just wonder what other electronics THPers use to help them with their game.

The rangefinder definitely helps me when playing different courses. Rarely have a need to use it when playing my home course.

Yes, I use arccos and I believe it had helped me hone in areas that are week spots for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My scores have improved this year and I'm sure that it is due to a large extent to the GPS watch that I received for Xmas. Having exact distances has ensured that I choose the right club ... not that hitting it correctly is guaranteed thereafter! Assessing distances by eye, particularly across drops or rises in the ground, is just too hit and miss.

My handheld GPS is very useful especially on tracks I haven't played previously.

Rangefinder is always useful but using slope has helped me better judge elevation changes (use in casual rounds but obviously can't in tourney play).

I play with a rangefinder and I can't image playing with out it. I would love to buy Arccoss system to get my club stats but I haven't broken down yet for that

My game has not improved; but the holes and shots that always played mysteriously long, or short, are no longer a mystery. While most yardage markers are accurate; there are some that are off enough to make for some unfortunate club selections. It doesn't mean so much on a familiar course; but certainly helps to flatten the learning curve on a new one.

Rangefinder was the best investment. The other stuff was just more or less gimmicks.

Back