2015 Greenbrier Classic Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
I didn't see a thread for this tournament and it's already underway. This tournament is usually a birdiefest, so there should be a lot of low scores throughout this weekend.

This is only one of 2 courses on tour where the 18th hole is a par 3 (East Lake at the Tour Championship is the other), and there has already been an ace at that hole this morning by George McNeill.

FWIW, let's talk about the golf in this thread with TW in the field at this event, discuss his off-course stuff in the official TW thread if you want to do that.

I hate par 3 18th holes.

TW looking good early.

From the tweets I've seen, I don't think Tiger has missed a fairway yet, and he has been using his driver as well. Will be interesting to see if he can keep up his good play.

I hate par 3 18th holes.

TW looking good early.

I'm trying to remember a course that I've played other than East Lake that has a par 3 finishing hole. I've played courses where I started on 10 and the 9th hole is a par 3, but there are very few courses where 18 is a par 3. I think this 18th is interesting with the big ridge in the middle of the green. But they have it playing short today at 137 yards.

From the tweets I've seen, I don't think Tiger has missed a fairway yet, and he has been using his driver as well. Will be interesting to see if he can keep up his good play.

Jinx. Just missed his first one.

I'm kinda surprised there isn't a live shot tracker on the PGA Tour website.

*Edit* Never mind, looks like they do have shot tracker going.

I'm trying to remember a course that I've played other than East Lake that has a par 3 finishing hole. I've played courses where I started on 10 and the 9th hole is a par 3, but there are very few courses where 18 is a par 3. I think this 18th is interesting with the big ridge in the middle of the green. But they have it playing short today at 137 yards.

Unless it plays 200+ yards, I don't feel like there's enough trouble on the hole to really cause much drama. The ridge makes it interesting, though.

Did Brian Harman WD?

That's twice in a row they've got me by leaving people in the lineup.

T. Finau is playing well again. He's been coming on as of late.

I like this tournament. I wish i wasn't going to NY or I would venture there to watch. SHould be some low scores to be had. Hoping for a better week than last in fantasy

And, of course, I swapped him out of my fantasy lineup at the last second :banghead:

Congressional

I honestly don't remember ever finishing on a par 3 hole.

Congressional

Didn't they change that course around so that 10 is a par 3 over the water and 18 is a long par 4 with water behind the green? I'm pretty sure that 18 was a par 4 during the US Open that Rory won there.

really hope he can pull out at least 1 W this year. He's been playing really well

Went outside the box on several picks this week. Trying to save starts for bigger money tournaments ahead. May payoff or I may get burned....

Didn't they change that course around so that 10 is a par 3 over the water and 18 is a long par 4 with water behind the green? I'm pretty sure that 18 was a par 4 during the US Open that Rory won there.

That downhill par 4 with the sort of peninsula green, right?

Im really thinking about driving down there tomorrow to watch. Its a three hour drive, but the wife is gone and otherwise I'll be bored up here. Anyone know where I can find tickets?

Back