#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

Sounds good. To summarize, we need rooms Weds-Sunday for me, Barry, Ryan, and Tim. (Barry and I are already booked for the Embassy. He called dibs on the pullout sofa and I'll have one of the double beds, so that leaves 1 double bed open)

Awk needs Weds-Sat and Dave Weds-Fri. I can't seem to find if James needs Weds-Sat or Weds-Fri (might have to PM him since I haven't seen him on here in a bit).

Looks like we would have everything covered with 2 Embassy rooms if someone is willing to go air mattress or if 2 guys wanna share sleeping space (I'm sure you are all awesome, but I'm out on that one).

However y'all want to do things is all good by me. Just wanted to put a summary up for reference.

This is how I understand hotel needs (also put in first post):

Hotel nights needed:
8/18: cpljohnst
8/19: cpljohnst, chumphries, SkiBumGolfer, StanTheCaddy, Spivey, Jman
8/20: cpljohnst, chumphries, SkiBumGolfer, StanTheCaddy, Spivey, Jman, Awkward silence
8/21: cpljohnst, chumphries, SkiBumGolfer, StanTheCaddy, Awkward silence
8/22: cpljohnst, chumphries, SkiBumGolfer, StanTheCaddy

So based on this, I think we'll only need the air mattress Thursday night, otherwise we're covered. Not sure if James needs Friday night as well, but if he does we're only at 5 folks so we have room.

Thanks Ryan! Think you've got everything as needed on the room nights. I'm sure James will respond soon.

Since I don't have to pay up front, I went ahead and reserved a 2 room 2 dbl bed premium suite (regular suites are all booked :banghead:) for Aug 19-23. $247/night + taxes at AAA rate works out to $1109 for the whole 4 nights. Also, so everyone knows there is a $25/night parking charge, so we may want to minimize the number of vehicles if possible.

I will continue to look around at other hotels to see if we can work out a better price per person in this area, but I figured we should at least get something on the books for now.

Premium just means y'all get the air mattress for the bigger room :) (and to reduce the split cost some)

the closer this gets, the more excited I am to follow along on this great event. Also to be able to talk with you guys then day after, if willing or able to talk, is going to be very informational and fun. And, another round with THPers is always a major positive.

and it looks like we have a fourth for the second group at Torrey on Sat.

Last edited:
and it looks like we have a fourth for the second group at Torrey on Sat. Looks like it will be his first time playing with a group of THPers (besides me).

The AM or PM round?

AM round. He will fill out the second foursome.

Cool. THP be rolling into Torrey like
hellride.jpg

So it will be Spivey, Me, Ken, New THPer for the second 4 some

Sweet deal! Who's our fourth? Editing first post.

I sent him the thread. He said he would stop in and introduce himself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Jacob Mandoza from Lamkin.
Not sure I get it being this event is a shaft company but it is what it is.

Fun times will be had when THPers get together to play golf, thats a fact.

Fun times will be had when THPers get together to play golf, thats a fact.

I dont doubt that at all. Jacob is a great guy. I just look at things a bit differently I guess. If this was a Callaway Event, would you have invited someone via social media from TaylorMade? Of course not. Now obviously it's a bit different, and I love Jacob and Lamkin is a proud partner to THP. Just was a bit outside the box is all.

Dang, that was quick considering I just spoke with him two days ago about it.

I dont doubt that at all. Jacob is a great guy. I just look at things a bit differently I guess. If this was a Callaway Event, would you have invited someone via social media from TaylorMade? Of course not. Now obviously it's a bit different, and I love Jacob and Lamkin is a proud partner to THP. Just was a bit outside the box is all.

FWIW, initially I think we had just planned to play extra rounds after the Project X event with just the guys coming to the event. Then we ran head first into the Torrey Pines booking policy and it's just evolved from there. I think a few of us had planned to invite TT/PX guys to play with us on Saturday and we found out they were out for extra rounds.

Hey fellas. I live in LA so depending on how early the event begins I was thinking I could drive down early Thursday and the missus is expecting me home Friday evening. Four additional people can fit in the car (Honda CR-V) for the Project X festivities and if anyone needs rides to the airport Friday night I don't have a problem dropping them off. I wish I could stay longer but August is our busy season at work and I'll already be on thin ice asking for two days off.

Cant wait though. This was the event I had been eyeballing and everyone in the forum has been super cool.

It begins at 8 am thursday morning. I believe at the PX head quarters. I am in Irvine which about an hour and half South of you. I will be leaving that morning as well. I plan on leaving at least by 5:30 to beat traffic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm specifically in Hacienda Heights and will be coming down the 57. If you want to carpool let me know. I get up at 4:00 AM for work so I can be trusted to get up early.

I'm staying in SD to play Torrey Pines on Saturday but thanks for the offer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is there room for one more in your guys' bachelor pad? If so what am I looking at for cost?

Thanks in advance!

Is there room for one more in your guys' bachelor pad? If so what am I looking at for cost?

Thanks in advance!

Galen, what nights would you need a room?

Also, can we get a real name? Unless you're really Galen Marek and we're gonna have to send some Jedi after you.

Back