2017/18 Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
It's July 1, so it seems like a good time to start the thread for the new season. The Summer Transfer season is in full swing and it will be interesting to see who goes where, as well as who stays put.

This thread is for all leagues and competitions (we're still in the middle of the MLS season) all over the world. I care most about the Premier League but all soccer talk can go here. I also named it the Soccer thread so as not to make the NFL fans mad, haha.

Here are the odds as of 5/29/17 to win the Premier League in 2018. This will surely change a bit before the season actually starts. I'm not getting too excited about Man City being the favorites because I think they have been favorites every year since they won it in 2012.

epl odds 5-29-17.png

https://news.wagertalk.com/2018-premier-league-championship-odds/

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Saturday, July 1
  • US Men’s National Team vs. Ghana (friendly), 4:45pm, ESPN, UniMas, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, fubo Premier and Sling Orange (7-day free trial)
  • Chicago vs. Vancouver, 7pm, TSN, MLS LIVE, CSN Plus and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Sporting KC vs. Portland, 7pm, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange (7-day free trial)
  • Montreal vs. DC United, 7pm, TVAS, TSN, MLS LIVE, NewsChannel 8
  • FC Dallas vs. Toronto, 7pm, TSN, MLS LIVE, TXA-21
  • Columbus vs. Atlanta, 7:30pm, MLS LIVE, FOX Sports Southeast, CW Columbus, Spectrum Sports OH, BCSN2
  • Colorado vs. Houston, 9pm, MLS LIVE, Altitude
  • San Jose vs. LA Galaxy, 10pm, Univision, Univision Deportes, Sling Blue and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)

Women’s soccer TV schedule
All times Eastern

Saturday, July 1
  • North Carolina Courage vs. Sky Blue FC, 4pm, Lifetime and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Boston Breakers vs. Washington Spirit, 4pm, go90
  • Orlando Pride vs. Chicago Red Stars, 5pm, go90
  • Seattle vs. Portland Thorns, 10pm, go90

Looking forward to seeing who United signs since they are back in the Champs League. Also curious to see if RMCF will go for the 3 peat.

10/1 for Liverpool and Arsenal seems optimistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not sell Alexis to ManCity

Confederations Cup TV schedule
All times Eastern

Sunday, July 2, 2017
  • Portugal vs. Mexico (third place final), 8am, FOX Sports 1, Telemundo, FOX Soccer 2GO, DIRECTV NOW, Sling Blue, TelemundoDeportes.com and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Chile vs. Germany (final), 2pm, FOX Sports 1, Telemundo, FOX Soccer 2GO, DIRECTV NOW, Sling Blue, TelemundoDeportes.com and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Sunday, July 2
  • Philadelphia vs. New England, time TBD, FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes, FOX Soccer 2GO, DIRECTV NOW, Sling Blue and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)

Eastern time

Sunday, July 2
  • Kansas City vs. Houston Dash, 8pm, go90

NBC Premier League Extra Time is gone for this season. https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06...q-nbcs-replacement-premier-league-extra-time/

With NBC Sports’ launch of Premier League Pass, soccer fans will no longer be able to get “every game, every weekend, all season long” of the Premier League unless they’re willing to pay extra. The surprising change means that the Premier League will no longer be as accessible as what we’re accustomed to. But what does the Premier League Pass mean for you, and how will it change your viewing habits? We’ve compiled all of your questions from our comments section and compiled them into one page below, along with the answers.

Q: What is Premier League Pass?
A: Premier League Pass is a brand-new paid streaming service that will allow soccer fans to watch all of the Premier League games that are not shown on television. So on a typical Premier League weekend, subscribers will be able to watch three games that are available exclusively via the new service. In total, there’ll be 130 games available season-long.

Previously, those three EPL games per weekend (typically the 10am-Noon ET games that were not on NBCSN, CNBC or USA) were shown exclusively via Premier League Extra Time (on TV) and NBC Sports App (via streaming with authentication). With the launch of Premier League Pass digital service, it means the end of the Premier League Extra Time channels that were available by many TV providers as extra channels on DIRECTV, DISH, Time Warner and others. It also means that those three games will no longer be available via the NBC Sports App.

More Q&A at the link above. More info about Premier League Pass is here: https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06...s-new-digital-streaming-subscription-service/

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Tuesday, July 4
  • Atlanta vs. San Jose, 7pm, MLS LIVE, FOX Sports South, CSN-Bay Area and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Minnesota vs. Columbus, 7pm, MLS LIVE, My29, Spectrum Sports OH, BCSN2, MyTV Columbus
  • FC Dallas vs. DC United, 8:30pm, MLS LIVE, NewsChannel 8, TXA-21
  • Colorado vs. Seattle, 9pm, MLS LIVE, Altitude, Q13 FOX
  • LA Galaxy vs. Real Salt Lake, 10:30pm, MLS LIVE, KMYU, Spectrum SportsNet

NASL TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Tuesday, July 4
  • New York Cosmos vs. Indy Eleven, 7:30pm, beIN SPORTS, WISH-TV, Sling World Sports, MSG Networks and fubo Premier [TICKETS]
  • North Carolina vs. Miami FC, 7:30pm, ESPN3 and Sling Orange (7 day free trial)

NBC Premier League Extra Time is gone for this season. https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06...q-nbcs-replacement-premier-league-extra-time/

More Q&A at the link above. More info about Premier League Pass is here: https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06...s-new-digital-streaming-subscription-service/

Thanks, I totally misunderstood it, I thought it was some sort of stand alone service for "Cord cutters" to be able to watch all the games, but when I saw it was only $50 I did question my thought process. Anyway I doubt it will effect the big teams more than the required 3 times

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Wednesday, July 5
  • New England vs. New York Red Bulls, 7:30pm, MLS LIVE, CSN-NE, MSG and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Orlando vs. Toronto, 7:30pm, TSN, MLS LIVE, TV27
  • Houston vs. Montreal, 8:30pm, TVAS, MLS LIVE, KUBE 57
  • Vancouver vs. New York City FC, 10pm, TSN, MLS LIVE, YES and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Portland vs. Chicago, 10:30pm, MLS LIVE, CSN-Chicago, KPDX and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Thursday, July 6
  • Sporting KC vs. Philadelphia Union, 8:30pm, MLS LIVE, The Comcast Network, FOX Sports KC

Copa Libertadores TV schedule
All times Eastern

Thursday, July 6
  • The Strongest vs. Lanus, 6:05pm, FOX Deportes, FOX Soccer Match Pass and fubo Latino (free 7-day trial)
  • Nacional vs. Botafogo, 8:30pm, FOX Soccer Match Pass
  • Emelec vs. San Lorenzo, 8:30pm, FOX Soccer Match Pass
  • Sport Recife vs. Arsenal, 8:30pm, FOX Soccer Match Pass

Upcoming matches (US only)
All times Eastern

Friday, July 7

7:00 pm ET
  • Boston Breakers vs. Chicago (NWSL) go90, NWSL
  • French Guiana vs. Canada (Gold Cup) FS2, Univision Deportes, Sling Blue, DIRECTV NOW, fubo Premier (free trial)

9:00 pm ET

• Edmonton vs. North Carolina (NASL) ESPN3, Sling Orange (free trial)
  • Honduras vs. Costa Rica (Gold Cup) FS2, UniMas, Univision Deportes, Sling Blue, DIRECTV NOW, fubo Premier (free trial)

2017/18 Soccer Thread

United looking like they landed Lukaku. Big fan of the move as I've always been a fan of his.

Gold Cup TV schedule
All times Eastern

Saturday, July 8
  • USA vs. Panama, 4:30pm, FOX, Univision, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, FOX Soccer Match Pass, Sling Blue and fubo Premier (7-day free trial) [TICKETS]
  • Martinique vs. Nicaragua, 7pm, FOX Sports 2, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, FOX Soccer Match Pass, Sling Blue and fubo Premier (7-day free trial) [TICKETS]

NASL TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Saturday, July 8
  • Indy Eleven vs. New York Cosmos, 7:30pm, ESPN3, MSG Networks, MyINDY-TV 23 and Sling Orange (7 day free trial) [TICKETS]
  • Miami FC vs. San Francisco Deltas, 7:30pm, beIN SPORTS, Sling World Sports and fubo Premier (7 day free trial)
  • Puerto Rico vs. Jacksonville, 7:30pm, ESPN3 and Sling Orange (7 day free trial)

All times Eastern

Saturday, July 8
  • North Carolina Courage vs. Seattle Reign FC, 4pm, Lifetime and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
  • Washington Spirit vs. Orlando Pride, 4pm, go90
  • Sky Blue FC vs. Kansas City, 7pm, go90
  • Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns, 8:30pm, go90

First day of Gold Cup. Two pretty good games.
US tomorrow.

Upcoming matches
All times Eastern

Sunday, July 9

3:00 pm ET
Marseille vs. Etoile du Sahel (friendly) beIN SPORTS en Español, fubo Premier (free trial)

6:00 pm ET
Santos vs. São Paulo (Brasileirão) GolTV, GolTV en Español, fubo Latino (free trial)

7:00 pm ET
Curacao vs. Jamaica (Gold Cup) FS1, Univision, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, Sling Blue, fubo Premier (free trial)

9:00 pm ET
Mexico vs. El Salvador (Gold Cup) FS1, Univision, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, Sling Blue, fubo Premier (free trial)

Had a feeling it was coming eventually. Rooney to Everton.

Pretty sure that led to lukaku being finailzed but out of respect they kept it seperate announcement.

As a MUFC fan i am excited and if we can get a Matic or other Defensive midfielder i think that frees up Pogba.

Just want a draw free season after last years bs lol

Pretty sure that led to lukaku being finailzed but out of respect they kept it seperate announcement.

As a MUFC fan i am excited and if we can get a Matic or other Defensive midfielder i think that frees up Pogba.

Just want a draw free season after last years bs lol

I agree. And hopefully the draws can be limited haha.

Always repping though

0ebf43fe047819c5937ec228269af8e8.jpg

14 years ago after Rooney scored his first PL goal against Arsenal, my brother bought an Everton shirt with Rooney on the back. He's actually really happy to be able to wear it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back