2017/18 Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to Nashville tomorrow to watch the ICC game between Manchester City and my Tottenham Hotspur. I've been driving my wife crazy out of my own excitement. Should be a great atmosphere with over 60K expected and a high temperature of only 83.

Thats awesome man. Should be a blast. I was watching Barcelona vs. Man United and they had 80k people there.

Heading to Nashville tomorrow to watch the ICC game between Manchester City and my Tottenham Hotspur. I've been driving my wife crazy out of my own excitement. Should be a great atmosphere with over 60K expected and a high temperature of only 83.
You'll have a good time Donne! City looks pretty decent after their 4-1 win the other night vs Real Madrid.

come on you spurs!!
Nope, that should be, "Come on City!"

You'll have a good time Donne! City looks pretty decent after their 4-1 win the other night vs Real Madrid.

Nope, that should be, "Come on City!"

I was excited that City was the opponent, since I will recognize a majority of their players as well. Spurs has been trying out some of their youngsters to mixed results in these past two games, and of course there is the Kyle Walker angle after the transfer earlier this summer.

I know there are only a few Spurs fans in here, but I just saw the below posted on Twitter...a specialty drink menu from the Legends Night being hosted in Nashville tonight prior to the ICC game tomorrow...funny stuff and very creative.

d50c1407c95a77b7d8522368d5a57a39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

International Champions Cup TV schedule
All times Eastern

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Chelsea vs. Inter Milan (International Champions Cup Singapore), 7:05am, ESPN2, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange (7 day free trial)
Manchester City vs. Spurs (International Champions Cup USA), 6pm, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange [TICKETS]
Barcelona vs. Real Madrid (International Champions Cup USA), 7:30pm, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange [TICKETS]

MLS TV schedule

All times Eastern.

Saturday, July 29
Atlanta vs. Orlando, 5pm, FOX, FOX Deportes, FOX Soccer 2GO, DIRECTV NOW (in select cities), Sling Blue and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
New England vs. Philadelphia, 7:30pm, MLS LIVE, CSN-NE, CSN-PHI and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
New York Red Bulls vs. Montreal, 7:30pm, TVAS, MLS LIVE, MSG
Dallas vs. Vancouver, 8pm, TSN, MLS LIVE, TXA-21
Minnesota vs. DC United, 8pm, MLS LIVE, NewsChannel 8, My29
Real Salt Lake vs. Columbus, 8pm, MLS LIVE, KMYU, CW Columbus, Spectrum Sports OH, BCSN2
Sporting KC vs. Chicago, 8:30pm, MLS LIVE, CSN Plus, FOX Sports KC and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)
Houston vs. Portland, 9pm, MLS LIVE, ROOT Sports NW
LA Galaxy vs. Seattle, 10pm, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange (7-day free trial)
San Jose vs. Colorado, 10:30pm, MLS LIVE, Altitude, CSN-Bay Area and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)

International Champions Cup TV schedule
Eastern time

Sunday, July 30, 2017
Roma vs. Juventus (International Champions Cup USA), 4pm, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange [TICKETS]

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Sunday, July 30
Toronto vs. New York City, 2pm, ESPN, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange (7-day free trial)

Well I hope you had fun at the game at least, Donne. :eyepoke:

City dominated the whole game and should have scored at least three or four more goals.

It's all pre-season though.

It's still been weird seeing United be such high buyers the past couple years, as my entire life growing up they never really played that game. A few big names and big prices, sure, but the past few years have been buying almost half of the starting line up it's felt like. United completed the signing of Namanja Matic from Chelsea today, and are apparently still in the market for more.

It's still been weird seeing United be such high buyers the past couple years, as my entire life growing up they never really played that game. A few big names and big prices, sure, but the past few years have been buying almost half of the starting line up it's felt like. United completed the signing of Namanja Matic from Chelsea today, and are apparently still in the market for more.

Ugh. I hate seeing teams get better.

I certainly hope they are actually better because of it haha
UTD have not gotten worse this off season. I just know they Arsenal haven't gotten that much better.

Academy has been lacking in talent (not that you'll come close to the Giggsy Scholesy Becks and Neville bros)... Now with the mega owners it's an arms race essentially and with the amount of games they are playing you need a deep squad.

I've fallen off Soccer the last few years, but this year I am really excited for the leagues to kick off and watch some games.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Tuesday, August 1

Altona 93 vs. West Ham United (friendly), 12:30pm, ESPN3 and Sling Orange (free 7-day trial)
Bayern Munich vs. Liverpool (Audi Cup), 2:30pm, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, Sling TV and fuboTV (free 7-day trial)
Burton Albion vs. Leicester City (friendly), 2:45pm, ESPN3 and Sling Orange (free 7-day trial)

Alexis Sanchez shows up to training today with Arsenal. Hoping all the speculation of PSG and ManCity dies down and he finishes his contract with Arsenal.

MLS TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Wednesday, August 2
MLS All-Star Team vs. Real Madrid (MLS All-Star Game), 9pm, FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes, Univision, Univision Deportes, FOX Soccer 2GO, DIRECTV NOW, Sling Blue and fubo Premier (7-day free trial)

Premier League TV schedule

All times Eastern.

Wednesday, August 2
Audi Cup third place match, 11:45am, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, Sling TV and fuboTV (free 7-day trial)
Audi Cup final, 2:30pm, Univision Deportes, DIRECTV NOW, Sling TV and fuboTV (free 7-day trial)
Manchester United vs. Sampdoria (friendly), 2:30pm, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3, DIRECTV NOW and Sling Orange (free 7-day trial)

Excited to see how the MLS All Stars do tonight against a big boy of Europe.

Neymar to PSG for £198 million or $261.7 million. Crazy crazy money. £450 million in fees and wages over 5 years. £520,000 a week!!!!! This is insane.

Neymar to PSG for £198 million or $261.7 million. Crazy crazy money. £450 million in fees and wages over 5 years. £520,000 a week!!!!! This is insane.

I don't think he's worth it

I don't think any single player is worth it.

Sorry if its been posted already but anyone fancy a THP fantasy football league?

Sorry if its been posted already but anyone fancy a THP fantasy football league?

Scroll back a few posts, I set up a league and the access code is posted on here.

That's me in.

Current team, thoughts:

GK - Foster/Fabianski
D - Trippier/Cresswell/Cedric/Lowton/Mariappa
M - Milivojevic/Pogba/De Bruyne/Mane/Carroll
F - Lacaette/kane/Chicharito

Going to D.C. United vs Toronto FC tomorrow at RKF. Tickets via IG with a drink voucher. Yes, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back