Weirdest Or Most Obscure Club in Your Bag

pitabread101

Reaction score
I love hearing people's approaches as to why they use certain clubs over others, so let's hear everyone's one club that might be a bit odd, but that you can't seem to take out of the bag. It might be really old, a really weird loft, have a crazy grip on it or it may be a brand we've never heard of... whatever it is post it in here! Can't wait to hear what everyone uses.

Callaway Sure Out 64. It has been a game changer for me.

I have a couple Ping G Crossover irons in my bag and I guess you could calll them unusual because I've never seen them in any other golfers bag.

Does still having a Cleveland Hibore XLS as my driver count as obscure/unusual?

It's not technically back in the bag yet and not necessarily obscure but my TaylorMade Nubbins putter is persistently trying to earn it's spot back on the game day roster. I used to love that putter at the course that I worked at because our greens consistently stimped out at 11+. The soft face on the putter was super useful to me on those lightening fast sons o' guns. Well the course that I've been playing lately has upped their green speeds (I won't go in to the stupidity of it) and when I took it to the practice green it made a hard push for the starting slot. I'll take it out as my primary this week and see if my putting speed improves (I've been rocketing the ball past the hole with my Daytona).

The only thing I have that might count is my Daito putter. It's Canadian and copper.

I carry 13 clubs and one "special guest." Currently the guest club is a left-handed Cleveland Niblick (42).

I love hearing people's approaches as to why they use certain clubs over others, so let's hear everyone's one club that might be a bit odd, but that you can't seem to take out of the bag. It might be really old, a really weird loft, have a crazy grip on it or it may be a brand we've never heard of... whatever it is post it in here! Can't wait to hear what everyone uses.

I've got nothing. Everything in my bag is about as normal as it gets (for the most part).

...unless an 18 degree utility is not normal?

Until a month or so ago I carried a Tru-Roll putter. A bit longer ago, I carried woods all the way to 13 (1-3-5-7-9-11-13). That was weird.

I've got nothing. Everything in my bag is about as normal as it gets (for the most part).

...unless an 18 degree utility is not normal?

That's totally not normal, bro. Better get it out of the bag.
:eyepoke:

I still carry a Callaway utility iron. I use it off the tee, in the rough, the fairway and anything else. Somedays it's used in place of my driver.

I carry a one putt wedge. It works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing unusual here. I dont carry any fw woods though. Just 2 hybrids.

My bag is pretty normal. Maybe the PM grind?

The longest iron I carry is an 8. After 3/5 W, I go hybrids in the 3-7 slots, and sometimes the 5W is replaced with a 19 degree hybrid. I don't see many 7 hybrids around, so I'll go with that.

And other than the 2 irons and 2 of the hybrids, nothing in my bag matches. Total mongrel.

hybrids 3-7 also

My woods and hybrid shafts aren't really typical weights. I've got an 80g class shaft in my driver, 90g class shaft in my 3W, and a 110g shaft in my 3 hybrid. That's a little unusual, but it works for me.

Back