Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

So automatically, because Bubba bought a car called the General Lee with a confederate flag on it, it is proof he is a bigoted racist and a supporter of slavery?

Perhaps he just bought a iconic car from a TV show. Should we accuse all those who attended Washington & Lee university of being racist slavery supporters? Or anyone who watched the Dukes of Hazard? How could someone watch that show with that symbol and a car with that name and not be cognizant of what it represented and therefore a supporter of everything it represented?

Or, perhaps it was just a really stupid TV show....

How the crap did you construe that out of that post?

For any reason? No....

Although his big thing for religion and then seeing how he treats his caddy on national television is quite ironic.

As I said to Jman Bubba definitely has done some suspect things that deserve criticism. This I don't feel is one of them. But Bubba seems to be seen in only one of 3 ways which I've come to categorize is this.

1. Bubba is a Deuche a I hate him and everything he does annoys me.

2. I really enjoy how he plays, and his quirkiness won't take away from some of the magic he produces on the golf course

Or the rare 3 option

3. I love Bubba, everyone else is dumb, he's misunderstood.

This is just what I've seen on my observation. I fall into the #2 category

What's a deuche?

:alien:

bubba-4b.jpg

#Cookie, you hater. Its supposed to be Poulter.

As I said to Jman Bubba definitely has done some suspect things that deserve criticism. This I don't feel is one of them. But Bubba seems to be seen in only one of 3 ways which I've come to categorize is this.

1. Bubba is a Deuche a I hate him and everything he does annoys me.

2. I really enjoy how he plays, and his quirkiness won't take away from some of the magic he produces on the golf course

Or the rare 3 option

3. I love Bubba, everyone else is dumb, he's misunderstood.

This is just what I've seen on my observation. I fall into the #2 category

I just can't stand his holier than now attitude.

Although I do believe that him owning this car had ZERO to do with slavery or racism. And I think he's using this opportunity and time as a chance to be in the spotlight.

Northeastern vernacular I believe.

Is that not how u spell it or is that not a nationally known term? Maybe it is a Northeastern thing, I've never ventured west of NC

#Cookie, you hater. Its supposed to be Poulter.

Bubba is a Poulter. And I also can't stand the third person references.

#youarewelcome

"George likes spicy chicken" "Jimmy is down"

and out

Completely agree with JB.

If he was that offended by the confederate flag, he shouldn't have purchased the General Lee.

I get the impression Bubba bought it because he wanted to be BUBBA and extreme and such.
I would like to give bubba the benefit of the doubt. That he wasn't offended by it until the underlying hate associated with the symbol was brought kicking and screaming into the light of day a few weeks ago.

Either way, good for him that he's removing that symbol. There's NO reason for it, anywhere.

W

Not sure how anything I posted could even be construed to what was just posted above....My goodness.

My apologies then. That's what I thought you were insinuating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's NO reason for it, anywhere.

Anywhere? Schools? Museums? History?
Cmon now, you dont believe that.
Without history and an understanding of why things happen, there is no better future.

Its called the General Lee.

I would like to give bubba the benefit of the doubt. That he wasn't offended by it until the underlying hate associated with the symbol was brought kicking and screaming into the light of day a few weeks ago.

Either way, good for him that he's removing that symbol. There's NO reason for it, anywhere.

I actually disagree with this.

If you want to fly the confederate flag at your house, or on a shirt or on a car, have at it. Constitution protects that.

Of course, Constitution also allows people to be critical of your decisions...

Anywhere? Schools? Museums? History?
Cmon now, you dont believe that.
Without history and an understanding of why things happen, there is no better future.

Its called the General Lee.
You're right. Anywhere is a little strong. I do believe it shouldn't be celebrated in anyway.

I actually disagree with this.

If you want to fly the confederate flag at your house, or on a shirt or on a car, have at it. Constitution protects that.

Of course, Constitution also allows people to be critical of your decisions...
I do support the constitutional right to fly that flag. I just really don't understand why somebody would want to. besides the obvious.

Not everybody associates the confederate flag with hate and racism. Believe it or not, it is a heritage and one many of us are proud of.

The translation post above is spot on. I think Bubba bought it because it's the General Lee, and any hardcore Dukes fan (as I have been since I was very little) hold that car in the highest esteem. Not because of the flag on top or what it stood for, but because of what that car was to our childhood. I always dreamed of owning that car, and I bet Bubba did too. I think that Bubba fulfilling a childhood dream got in the way of some political BS.

yup when I see that car it brings back memories of an era I grew up in, maybe I was young an naive but growing up back then we never associated the car or flag with anything other than the duke boys and Lynrd Skynrd

It's crazy to see all this unfold about the confederate flag really. More is being said and done with regards to this, than when people burn the American flag. My take on this latest with Bubba is that just like he fed his ego with purchasing the General Lee. Taking a stand feeds that ego as well. It's all about being in the spot light. He's a troubled man that has insecurities that are rooted back to his youth. That's my take on it.

Back