TM M2 2016 irons steel shaft choice.

bowler484

Reaction score
Handicap
Some of you are going to think this is a silly question but I've searched all day and can't find anything really concrete.

A friend of a friend I played a round with a few weeks ago let me hit a couple of his 2016 TM M2 irons during the round. I came away really impressed.

So Golftown had a store wide 15% off sale this weekend and I decided to pick them up. But here's where I got lost, every set of irons I've had over the last 15 years have been uniflex.

These M2 have a steel shaft option of regular or stiff. I don't know which I hit at the course because I was of the wrong mindset that steel shafts are all the same.

So, the right thing to do would be hit both on the simulator. Except they have no stiff in stock and they only had 1 set of regular left. I picked them up so I had something before the sale ended.

Now typically when trying a driver with graphite shaft, I can feel the regular shaft being a bit whippy compared to stiff. The regular steel shafts in these irons don't feel whippy.

I'm 42 and my swing speed with a driver is about 98 mph. I play stiff graphite only because I find less dispersion.

They could order in a stiff set for me if I wanted. But I don't know which way to go.

Would love to hear some experiences with steel shafts in regards to flex to help me decide.

Thanks.

In my opinion most uniflex is closer to regular than stiff, but the easy way is hit your regulars and see if you have flight issues.

I played with them for the first time today. I think the regular fit is perfect for me. They launch high and land soft.

Thanks for the input.

Back