Mizuno S5 Wedges Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These appeared in Luke Donald's bag.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-03%20at%207.50.32%20PM-L.png

Looks a whole lot like the Cally Jaws wedges.

Seems like a familiar design...

71EToNOPQnL._SY355_.jpg

Woah, those are gaudier than I expected.

I do like that they are blue though, such a sweet finish on wedges.

Gaudy is a great word for those. Yikes.

Defidently digging the blue! I'm sure they will have the usual soft feel associated with Mizuno, making them a winner in my book.

A lot of people get over ugliness in favor of playability.

But jeez, these things are ugly!
Do like the blue though.

Time for mizuno to get some new people on board and focus on what made them great, nice color but someone else's idea doesn't cut it. Get back to fundamentals Mizuno

I like the blue.

Agree that these look familiar. But I'd give them a try.

Mizuno never copies anything (insert mike dean sarcasm)

Not sure what to think. I've never played with Mizuno wedges so not sure what tech they bring to the table, but aesthetically they aren't the worse I've seen.

I like the looks but I also had the Jaws wedges and loved those. Will be curious to see if they continue to offer wedges at 1 degree increments.

Those are hotttt. Any idea of a release?

Finish looks good but these don't scare my RTX 2.0's.

Look forward to hitting these.
I like the blue, wish they would come out
with a raw wedge.

Last edited:
Not sure what to think. I've never played with Mizuno wedges so not sure what tech they bring to the table, but aesthetically they aren't the worse I've seen.
Their wedges are legit and easily the most underrated wedges on the market. It always amazes me when people accept that Mizuno makes some of the best irons on the market but have doubts that they can make a decent wedge.

I have always liked the looks of Mizuno's wedge designs...until today. The finish is cool, but looks too round and long, similar to the Jaws, which I was not a fan of the look.

I have always liked the looks of Mizuno's wedge designs...until today. The finish is cool, but looks too round and long, similar to the Jaws, which I was not a fan of the look.
Im with you. I like Mizuno a lot but Im not a fan of these wedge. Not a fan of the blue and not a fan of the design. Mizuno needs to get back to just make simple, classic, teardrop blade wedges with minimal branding on them.

Want to hear about the sole grinds on them.

Woah, those are gaudier than I expected.

I do like that they are blue though, such a sweet finish on wedges.
Glad you (and others after) mentioned the blue. I thought they were, but couldn't tell from sure from my phone.

I like blue. And I guess that it…

I missed this thread initially, was really surprised to see these on Golfsmith today. They look much bluer too.

Back