Android Users: THP Mobile App is Here

Downloaded, will poke around. Looks good so far, Thanks!

Also, hoping you get the forums on here so I can do away with Tapatalk

Thanks to those that have downloaded and continue to offer feedback. We know a lot of the Android users were excited to finally have the mobile app here.

the article that hit this morning has some additional media to it, and when looking at both iOS and Android app side by side, the Android app presents the article better IMO. The video is embedded in the same spot that one would find it on the homepage, whereas all the way to the bottom on iOS. Also the spec listings look better on the Android app. One thing I did notice is that the photo which was supposed to the main title image(with the putter and headcover) is shown as the that image on the homepage, but for both mobile apps it's a different one. In fact its the image that would be 4th in the list.

Been having problems downloading THP radio shows. Not sure if it's my phone, the app, or a Samsung issue.
Not a big deal as I just listen to them when I get the chance then.

Been having problems downloading THP radio shows. Not sure if it's my phone, the app, or a Samsung issue.
Not a big deal as I just listen to them when I get the chance then.

Can you be more specific to the problem you are having? The Android in its current state only streams the podcast, it doesn't download them for offline playback. There are some technical differences between platforms as to why it was done that way but if there is enough demand I could look into offline playback.

Can you be more specific to the problem you are having? The Android in its current state only streams the podcast, it doesn't download them for offline playback. There are some technical differences between platforms as to why it was done that way but if there is enough demand I could look into offline playback.
That's the problem, period. It shows a download button, but I couldn't download it. If it's not activated, no big deal.
When JB used to load these on the homepage before, I was able to download them.
I thought there might be an issue, but sounds like it's just not set up for that. I'm good then. Thought there might be an issue there.

That's the problem, period. It shows a download button, but I couldn't download it. If it's not activated, no big deal.
I thought there might be an issue, but sounds like it's just not set up for that. I'm good then. Thought there might be an issue there.

You can subscribe and download right from Google Play store to make it easier.

Any chance you could take a screenshot? For me there was always a play button.

You can subscribe and download right from Google Play store to make it easier.
I thought about this and realized that I could also go to the thp website and download straight from there. That works fine. Just need a way to download to listen to THP radio while I was out.

Any chance you could take a screenshot? For me there was always a play button.
There is a play button, and also a down load button.
The play button works fine. I just usually download the broadcasts for when I have time to listen.
The site works like it should, just had me confused because of the download option wasn't working for me.

I just tried to download it as well as i listen at work without data so have to have it off line. Now that you have said its not enabled i know why it didnt download. I use podcast addict to download it and listen off line.

There is a play button, and also a down load button.
The play button works fine. I just usually download the broadcasts for when I have time to listen.
The site works like it should, just had me confused because of the download option wasn't working for me.

So if you download from the website where on the device does it put the file? I could look into downloading to that same location. Or it is capable of creating a folder to organize them.

On the iOS side there is a specific cache folder in the app sandbox I used where it will cleanup after itself if the system needs the storage but I'm not aware of something like that on Android so that wasn't added. First priority was just to make it stream-able but I can look into it further to see what improvements could be made.

Since I'm here, I haven't been able to get the app to work on my table. Is there something I need to do to get it to work? Android, old, junk, but it's what I have at this time.

Since I'm here, I haven't been able to get the app to work on my table. Is there something I need to do to get it to work? Android, old, junk, but it's what I have at this time.

Do you know what version of Android it is running?

So if you download from the website where on the device does it put the file? I could look into downloading to that same location. Or it is capable of creating a folder to organize them.

On the iOS side there is a specific cache folder in the app sandbox I used where it will cleanup after itself if the system needs the storage but I'm not aware of something like that on Android so that wasn't added. First priority was just to make it stream-able but I can look into it further to see what improvements could be made.
I'll have to look. I'm going back an forth between my phone and my tablet. The app works on the phone only. And I download it from the website on my tablet.

On my phone, it downloaded into my music folder, as unknown but titled WedgeJR.

It looks to be running 4.4.2

Here's a screen shot of how its being stored on my phone.
27e65ad3267cbf9682096fb636318463.jpg

I only realised last night that the App was available. Downloaded it and like what I see. I didn't get a chance to listen to the whole Talking Wedges: The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 30 last night, so hopefully over lunch later today. Great job Folks.

Installed, not sure if it's because I'm pressing the "once" button (repeatedly) but it keeps asking if I want to open the forums using Tapatalk or Brave Browser. (I wanted to see how it interacted with TT before making a permanent choice)

Installed, not sure if it's because I'm pressing the "once" button (repeatedly) but it keeps asking if I want to open the forums using Tapatalk or Brave Browser. (I wanted to see how it interacted with TT before making a permanent choice)

It asks that because we have Tapatalk installed on the backend of our website. We strongly urge people to use the browser, since Tapatalk lacks all of our features and is an app that has security issues.

There is an update in the works where the forum is included in the app similar to how it works on iPhone.

It’s actually ready except for one technical difficulty needing fixed.

It asks that because we have Tapatalk installed on the backend of our website. We strongly urge people to use the browser, since Tapatalk lacks all of our features and is an app that has security issues.
Thanks for the information. I'll remove Tapatalk and just use the browser. (y)

Edit: I did that and going from the app to the forum in browser gives me this error

Screenshot_20200130-172626_Brave.jpg

Thanks for the information. I'll remove Tapatalk and just use the browser. (y)

Edit: I did that and going from the app to the forum in browser gives me this error

View attachment 8925800

That error is fixed in my local build. Public fix coming soon.

Back