When is it too hot to golf?

HERRINGBONE

Reaction score
Handicap
Let's here it....it has been mid ninety's super high humidity here in the midlands of South Carolina and it is no fun now....

Let's here it....it has been mid ninety's super high humidity here in the midlands of South Carolina and it is no fun now....
Same here in Shreveport. 80%+ humidity and 96 this weekend.

Never...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't found that breaking point yet. I've golfed in 100* with some serious humidity

When it gets to the point you're not having fun.
You're just trying to get it over with.
Then it is too hot for YOU!

I'm sorry, but I'd rather be hot than cold. And yes I've played in SC in the middle of the summer as well as Phoenix and Scottsdale and Las Vegas and Palm Springs :act-up: I just don't mind it as much as the cold. Now, after the round? Well a pool or a cold shower and a nap may be in order, but I'll still play in the heat.

I don't drink near as much alcohol on the course as I used to though, so that may help too.

JM

Never. You can always hydrate. But, 94 and high humidity is pretty freakin awful when there's no shade to help

If I start sweating the second I walk outside, it's too hot. I will probably still play, but it's too hot haha.

115° in Phoenix, 110° in Tucson, 105° in Las Cruces, no big deal. I've used my umbrella more for shade than I ever have for rain in these here parts.

If it's above 90 and I can't beat the temperature, then it may have been too hot (like today!)

115° in Phoenix, 110° in Tucson, 105° in Las Cruces, no big deal. I've used my umbrella more for shade than I ever have for rain in these here parts.

You have to be smart about it and pre hydrate etc... but I agree. 109* in Alamogordo was the hottest I ever teed it up but there were 100+ days every summer - dry heat lol.

Too hot to play golf is blasphemy!!!

When I have heat stroke and pass out. I rarely walk when it is over about 85 though.

Humidity crushes my soul. Above 90° and humid and I'm struggling mightily.

I'll still play though but a similar forecast with no expected breeze may just have me booking around that day.

Anything above 90 with extreme humidity can break a man or this man. Today and Saturday it was 95+ with high humidity. The back 9s were unbearable.

I haven't played a single round this year when it was under 90. I don't have to deal with the humidity that a lot of people do, though.

You have to be smart about it and pre hydrate etc... but I agree. 109* in Alamogordo was the hottest I ever teed it up but there were 100+ days every summer - dry heat lol.

Of course. Hydration is mandatory but it's something I don't even think about, I just do it.

Last Friday it was 92 and blistering heat. I warmed up, no pun intended, in the short area and went thru 2 golf gloves because of sweat, sweat dripping from my hat, and sweat getting on the grip of the club, my shirt was drenched from sweat. I went to the water cooler and grabbed a mini plastic cup and literally did a Sammy Sosa of filling up the cup and splashing water on my face and down my shirt.

I decided I would only play 9 since it was so EFFING hot and had plenty of water, Gatorade, and a ice cold chilly pad/frogg togg to stay cool during my round. With that said, if it's in the 90s I feel comfortable playing 9.

Oh and I recommend a rain glove to use, trust me it works/helps.

When is it too hot to golf?

I'm in the Pee Dee of SC and I thought I may have bit off more than I could chew today. Went out straight after work and was wearing pants and walking nine. By the fourth hole I was drenched. Fortunately I stayed hydrated and finished in 80 minutes. If I had been out much longer I may have been toast though. Its rough out there.

I've played in 105* with 70-75% humidity and it was a very rough game for me. I didn't actually enjoy it due to the weather.

I grew up walking 18 a day in the hot humid GA summers. The pro used to offer me a free cart almost everyday and I kept walking. When I lived in NOVA I did the exact opposite and played golf in the dead of winter with frozen tee boxes, water hazards and snow falling/on the ground. I wouldn't say it's ever too hot or cold to play golf.

Heat I'm ok. I played several seasons in Palm Springs in summe. It was cheap and golf course was awesome. Some rounds it's in the teens 114-115*F. I remember one round we started at 6:45am and it was already at 75*.

What I can't stand is the humidity. If the wind is blowing it's one thing almost like air conditioner, but usually it's pretty calm. Worse than sauna. I usually can't last in that condition.

I've played in 105* with 70-75% humidity and it was a very rough game for me. I didn't actually enjoy it due to the weather.

That's over 160-170° heat index. Not sure that's ever been recorded.

Never. Though the conditions you cited probably do warrant a golf cart instead of my usual walk and carry.

Back