When is it too hot to golf?

+1 to " never"...I remember playing Desert Mountain in August and was the only person on the course for the whole day.

I drank the entire contents of the 3 gallon cooler on the cart.

If in a cart, I still play in 100+ and I am an older guy.

Never....have yet to turn down a round due to hot

116* on the first tee at The Boulders. In a cart.
Will consider walking if the temp is below 90.
Add humidity? That's hot.

I am a walker and so as I make my way to where my shots land and start stepping on my balls.......and don't even feel it!
I figure that's about time to pick them up, throw them over my shoulder like santa and head on in.

Building a patio the last 3 days. Avoiding both. Tons and tons of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

115° in Phoenix, 110° in Tucson, 105° in Las Cruces, no big deal. I've used my umbrella more for shade than I ever have for rain in these here parts.

Being from those parts. (Tucson) humidity defiantly plays its part

I second I would rather play in the heat than the cold. Hitting a cold ball is like hitting a brick. With that said Saturday was pretty bad. You know it is crazy humid and hot when you bend over to putt and sweat just drops off the bill of your hat like a leaky faucet and distracts you from putting.

Hotter the better.

Never.

90 and above

No such thing. 90, 95, 100, 100+, whatever. Just drink more beer.

Most of the courses I play are not walker friendly so it is never too hot imo to play while riding. However walking in high humidity 95 deg weather is really tough and gets to be no fun.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Never too hot. I have played from 38 to 105 degrees. The 38 is with sun and no wind.

I think if it was a real hot spell in a place like AZ when it's 110+ I would think about it, but I've so far never not played due to heat or cold. Will always ride if it's 85+ though, unless it's just 9 holes.

A group of us did mail it in on the back 9 of the last of 6 rounds in three days once. It was mid 90s and no rain over a Memorial Day weekend a few years back and it was more to do with a lot of sun and booze catching up to us. All of us had either aching backs or blisters or some other issue that didn't help either. Lesson learned that weekend.

Yesterday? 90+ w/ minimal breeze, heavy humidity, just rained hard for 45 minutes (course should have been closed) Cart Path only big Golf Course too much walking = extremely hot

It's too hot when my wife is upset I played 6 days in a row. Hot...way too hot!!!

If I'm riding, I want to say never too hot.

Mind you, here in Canada and specifically where I live, it rarely if ever goes above mid 90's. To be honest, I think the hottest it's ever been around here was 104...and that was back in 1936 or something LOL.

For some of you folks down in the Southern US, I imagine there has to be a breaking point, but for me I haven't found one yet.

The heat is not the issue, it's the humidity really. But for me I will play through some pretty extreme conditions. It also helps that I typically work out in it through summer.

You have to know yourself. Extreme heat is physically dangerous. I dehydrate quickly so have to drink A LOT even when it's not that hot out. Yesterday was 96 degrees out and the only way I was able to get through the round was because I wasn't walking. And I think I went through six 32 ounce refills of my water bottle.

There is no way I could play in 110 weather without getting sick. And not just "meh, I don't feel well". I mean dangerous heat stroke.

Know thyself.

Normally I would say it's never too hot, but after 2 straight days of mid 90's and high humidity I was almost ready to throw in the soaking wet towel. However, this was because I was walking and pushing, if I was riding, it would have been a non issue. I used to walk and carry in the middle of summer in Phoenix and it was never an issue as long as you stay hydrated. But the humidity, man thanks a different beast and just wears you out. Still won't stop me from playing though.

If I'm riding, I want to say never too hot.

Mind you, here in Canada and specifically where I live, it rarely if ever goes above mid 90's. To be honest, I think the hottest it's ever been around here was 104...and that was back in 1936 or something LOL.

For some of you folks down in the Southern US, I imagine there has to be a breaking point, but for me I haven't found one yet.
Here in Florida it never gets over mid 90s either. It has actually never gotten over 100 in Tampa history.

The only time it gets too hot is when play is slow. Standing around in high heat sucks. But if at a decent pace Its never been too hot for me. I might change my mind in a place like Arizona.

Having now played in 100+ in Arizona and 92 in Florida humidity, I think I'll take Arizona. I don't mind sweating, but lining up a putt with sweat dripping off you is not much fun even if you're playing well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back