When is it too hot to golf?

I played today and the temperature was 87 but hardly any humidity, and a slight breeze. Picture perfect day for golf. If the humidity would have been high, I would have found it uncomfortable

I golfed in the desert recently and had my dash report 105°, but that is a dry heat. I'll take that over east coast 90 and humid. Hell, I'll take a dry 105 over over 80 degrees and humid.

It's supposed to be 103 here today and I plan to head out to play later this afternoon. To be fair, the humidity is only 15% and it's only 4 or 5 months until miserable snow is on the ground again.

Sums me up. I suffer terribly, more than most with humidity. I don't say that to be dramatic, just comparing my level of profuse sweating vs the average person... for a pretty fit guy, I absolutely melt out there.

The heat never used to bother me. I've played in 110 in Vegas and 100 in orlando. But lately, the heat just seems oppressive. I just can't keep cool enough. I put my towel in the cooler three times and still couldn't get cool enough.

When approaching 90 with humidity above 80% - it just isn't fun.

Now if its hot but low humidity I don't mind

The heat never used to bother me. I've played in 110 in Vegas and 100 in orlando. But lately, the heat just seems oppressive. I just can't keep cool enough. I put my towel in the cooler three times and still couldn't get cool enough.
It's a tough battle. What had been helping me recently is ice-packs. My bag has a cooler pocket and I toss a couple of ice packs, the reusable kind, in there.

In between shots here and there, just placing one for a minute or so on the back of my neck or even top of my thigh helps. Surely not enough to bring the body temp down but the focused relief seems to short circuit the brain a bit and I won't feel quite as hot for a little while afterward.

It's never too hot to golf.. Here in the summer afternoons at SoTex, we hit 100 degree days plus high humidity. Just gotta stay hydrated during the round and drink plenty of pickle juice afterwards.

I do love me some pickle juice :)

Yeah, if you’re not willing to play in the heat in Texas you’re really limiting your options.

Anything over 110*. Hard to play golf here in the Las Vegas area this time of year. Our group tee's off at 7:00 am and are done by 11:00 am, but the back nine gets tough.

one thing about playing in high heat and humidity is when the average score a person shoots is similar to the temperature...lol But when one is taking 95 strokes plus practice swings plus walking so much further by being a bit errant there is a lot more work being done vs one who can shoot an 80.
Being good pays in other ways beside the golf. Too bad I don't know that way yet.

Back